Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: ABC - The Bachelor (Juan Pablo's Season)

Default ABC - The Bachelor (Juan Pablo's Season)

Who else is watching and what do you think? Discuss here!

I'm not sure I will be able to hang in there this season. His voice bugs me and I am already tired of hearing Juan Pablo, Juan Pablo chants by these chics. His little girl is a cutie...but I don't think they should include the kids in these shows.

Jade, I agree that the kids should not be included in these shows. I think it's wrong to let them meet all of these could-be stepparents, some of whom are using them as pawns to get closer to the lead, and most of whom will be out of the picture very soon. I don't even think kids should be introduced to the final two women; if the lead makes a connection with someone and it's serious enough to introduce the kid, fine. But do it off camera, once the relationship is established and the show is over.

I was also very offended by the photo shoot group date this week. For those of you who may have missed it, two of the girls were pressured by the art director to pose nude. When they told the art director it made them uncomfortable, he basically laughed it off and insinuated they were being babies. When one of them tried to talk to him, he was basically like, "It's not about you, it's about the dogs. If you don't do this the dogs will be homeless. Kthxbai," and literally walked away mid-conversation, cutting her off. Juan Pablo finds one of the girls crying about how she doesn't want to do it, and instead of encouraging her to stick to her principles, or standing up for her and telling the art director she's not posing naked and to find her a costume, he sweet talks her into doing it by saying things like, "Well, I'm doing it, too. We'll be together. It's for a good cause." I was appalled. What a dangerous and disappointing message to send to girls who are watching this.
    Flygirl likes this.

Elite Member

I actually like Juan Pablo much more than I thought I would. He handled some difficult situations last night very well (Victoria and the bachelorette with the kid at home who was sad)

Loved the train wreck that was Victoria. It was all kinds of awesome. Lucy the "free spirit" is completely annoying.

Southernbelle -- completely agree about the photo shoot. As far as the kids go -- I agree with both of you.

Some of the ladies' jobs this season are ridiculous. "Free Spirit" ? "Dog Lover" ? "Former NBA Dancer". The only one of these that even comes close to approaching a profession is "Former NBA Dancer," but being an NBA dancer is a part-time job, and it says former... so... what does she do now? Free Spirit and Dog Lover are just... no.

I'm laughing at his name. I'm sorry, but it sounds like a soap opera character.
    Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

Elite Member

^^ It WAS a soap character...on All My Children! Greenlee was involved with Juan Pablo.

Apparently, the former NBA dancer's baby daddy is an NBA player. Not sure who. Free spirit is a trust fund kid who is best friends with some designers daughter -- don't remember who. No scoop on dog lover except that I like her dog better than her.

OK -- Googled and found out the baby daddy is Rodney Stuckey and apparently Lucy is BFFs with Kate Upton and is dating the CEO of Snapchat.

I think it was the girl with the red hair/pink dress that thought he called her name, and was kicked off the show, anyway, her job was listed as mineral consultant. What the hell does a mineral consultant do?

Quote Originally Posted by JadeStar70 View Post
    I think it was the girl with the red hair/pink dress that thought he called her name, and was kicked off the show, anyway, her job was listed as mineral consultant. What the hell does a mineral consultant do?
    I think the one from Oklahoma was the "mineral consultant", whatever the hell that means. She is the one that kept talking about how much she'd been thru with the fiancée breaking up with her, yadda yadda. The loon with the red hair and pink pageant gown was from Rockford Illinois, an Interior Designer. The other ridiculous made up professions are just fancy ways of saying UNEMPLOYED.

These women are sickening. The first night they all just said to him how beautiful he is, how sexy, etc. UGH. I mean, he's a good looking guy, but when you meet someone you don't just stand there and swoon over him.

He handled the situations pretty good though. The trainwreck that was Victoria was awesome. He handled it in a very good way. Should be interesting to see how this plays out....

Juan Pablo Galavis Says a Gay Bachelor Star Wouldn't Be a "Good Example," Gays Are More "Pervert"

Entertainment
    January 18, 2014 AT 2:00PM
    By Esther Lee

Bachelor Juan Pablo Galavis told a reporter Friday, Jan. 17 that he does not think "it is a good example" for gays to be on ABC's hit reality series; read the rest of his shocking comments!
    Credit: ABC/Craig Sjodin

Juan in hot water! Juan Pablo Galavis, the latest Bachelor of ABC's hit reality show, openly shared his thoughts on a gay bachelor potentially starring in the series on Friday, Jan. 17 at a network party in Pasadena, Calif.

When a TV Page reporter asked the hunky star whether or not he thought featuring a gay bachelor on the series would be a good idea, Galavis, 32, responded, “I don’t think it is a good example for kids to watch that on TV."

“Obviously people have their husband and wife and kids and that is how we are brought up. Now there is fathers having kids and all that, and it is hard for me to understand that too in the sense of a household having peoples… Two parents sleeping in the same bed and the kid going into bed," The Venezuelan native said in the interview. "It is confusing in a sense."

"But I respect them because they want to have kids," the single dad offered of same sex couples. "They want to be parents. So it is a scale… Where do you put it on the scale? Where is the thin line to cross or not? You have to respect everybody’s desires and way of living. But it would be too hard for TV," the former soccer star continued.

The show's first Latino bachelor added, "there's this thing about gay people... it seems to me, and I don't know if I'm mistaken or not... but they're more 'pervert' in a sense. And to me the show would be too strong... too hard to watch."

ABC did not respond to a request for comment.

Two episodes of season 18 of The Bachelor have aired so far. Galavis' opinion follows Duck Dynasty patriarch Phil Robertson's comments after the A&E reality star made homophobic and racially-charged comments in a GQ interview.
    Read more: Juan Pablo Galavis: Gay Bachelor Not a "Good Example," "More Pervert" - Us Weekly
    Follow us: @usweekly on Twitter | usweekly on Facebook
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

Clare totally fucked Juan Pablo in Vietnam.
    southernbelle likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by KristiB View Post
    I think so, too. And she seems like the type who will go completely fucking NUTS if he doesn't choose her after that happened... she reminds me of AshLee from Sean's season.

Quote Originally Posted by KristiB View Post
    Yep. A teenager in my house is watching this and I can't help but be drawn in. Juan Pablo is a smooth talking player. He wouldn't kiss that one chick because his daughter wouldn't like it (yeah right), then fucked Clare (in the ocean? OUCH) and the next day told her that it was a mistake (OUCH AGAIN) because *yawn* his daughter wouldn't like it. He could have at least said it in a better way, like let her know that he got carried away because she was irresistible but was going to have to watch himself from now on because he wants to be a good dad, or whatever, blah blah blah. But don't tell a woman (whom you supposedly like) that having sex with her was a mistake, geez. Not that I like Clare, but I did cringe when he said that.

God help whoever does marry this man. Whatever he does or doesn't do, he will defend in the name of proper parenting and his wife better have zero jealousy issues because there is gonna be some competition for JP/daddy's attention and approval, I'm calling it now. Dating and marrying a man with a daughter can bring out issues you never knew you even had, and this guy is not gonna make it ANY easier. The daughter will ALWAYS be right, that's my impression.
    tulip and southernbelle like this.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

Clare is better off without him. He made her feel like a whore and got in her face and told her to quit crying.
    tulip likes this.

I don't like the way that he had this totally consensual encounter with Clare in the ocean, then decides it was a mistake and tries to shame her and spin it like she tricked him into doing it. And then, despite supposedly feeling like he's wronged all of the other girls, and being such an upstanding guy, he decides not to tell them. It's okay for him to privately humiliate Clare and make her feel like trash, but there's no way in hell he's going to admit to the other girls that HE fucked up and give them the chance to judge him like he judged Clare. It reminds me of the Justin Bieber double standard, where he thinks it's fine for him to fuck anyone who shows interest, but then looks down the people who fuck him and considers women who have sex before marriage to be "nasty". Despite the fact that he does it, too.

I also wouldn't be surprised if Juan Pablo ends up getting back together with Camila's mother after this is all over. He doesn't really seem to be genuinely into any of the girls there. Usually by this point in the show, there's a genuine connection with at least two to three of the girls, but this season, I just don't see it with anyone. He's just going through the motions. He and Renee have a nice "friend zone" thing going on, but that's probably the most interest he's shown in anyone, and it's not remotely romantic.

Finally, I'm so glad to see that bitch Kelly gone. She sure does have a lot of confidence for someone with a sixhead, a lazy eye, and no job. (I almost joined Twitter today just so I could tweet that to her because I heard she was running her mouth on there about the other girls). Interesting to me how the two ugliest girls to ever be on the show (Kelly and Jaclyn from Ben's season) were also the most arrogant and critical of everyone else.
    tulip and Lobelia like this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information