Thread: Sundance channel shows - Rectify, The Returned and Red Road - anyone watching?

fgg

Default Sundance channel shows - Rectify, The Returned and Red Road - anyone watching?

i've been really disappointed in the available shows this season and have stumbled across a few interesting ones on sundance. anyone else watching?

rectify

After 19 years on Death Row for the rape and murder of his teenage girlfriend, Daniel Holden is going home. His conviction has been vacated due to new DNA evidence. Now he has to return to a world he no longer knows and his reentry into the outside world may be as unforgiving as prison. Daniel is haunted by the past, dogged by the present, and uncertain of the future. As he struggles to adapt to his new life, his homecoming reignites the fears of a small town and threatens to shatter his familyís fragile peace. Danielís alleged crime divided a community. Will his freedom tear it in half?

Rectify ‚Äď Sundance Channel

the returned

In an idyllic French mountain town, a seemingly random collection of people find themselves in a state of confusion as they attempt to return to their homes. What they do not yet know is that they have been dead for several years, and no one is expecting them back. As they struggle to reintegrate with their families and past lovers, buried secrets emerge and new mysteries develop as they grapple with a miraculous and sinister new reality. But it seems they are not the only ones to have returned from the dead. Their arrival coincides with a series of gruesome murders which bear a chilling resemblance to the work of a serial killer from the past.

The Returned ‚Äď Sundance Channel

the red road (upcoming)

THE RED ROAD is a hard-hitting drama that revolves around a local cop struggling to keep his family together while policing two clashing communities: the small town where he grew up and the neighboring mountains, home of a Native American tribe. After a terrible tragedy and coverup occurs involving the copís wife an unholy alliance is forged between the cop and an ex-con, a dangerous member of the tribe that will come back to haunt all involved.

Coming Soon ‚Äď Sundance Channel
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

I've watched the first four episodes of The Returned. Good and creepy.

I've been watching The Returned. I really like it. I've never watched a whole French series before so I wasn't sure what I was getting into but it's very moody, creepy, interesting and I like that it's not really gory but truly scary!

Bronze Member

I haven't gotten a chance to watch Rectify yet, but I am definitely going to. In addition to having an interesting story line the whole show was filmed in my hometown. We have recently had some Walking Dead episodes filmed here too.

Thread Information