• 1 Post By Laurent
  • 1 Post By Beeyotch
  • 1 Post By fgg
  • 2 Post By MohandasKGanja

Thread: NBC To Reboot ‘Murder, She Wrote’ With Octavia Spencer Starring

mjw
    Elite Member

Default NBC To Reboot ‘Murder, She Wrote’ With Octavia Spencer Starring

EXCLUSIVE: NBC is looking to revive one of the most successful series in TV history – Murder, She Wrote — with a brand new take from writer Alexandra Cunningham and producer David Janollarithat has Oscar winner Octavia Spencersucceeding Angela Lansbury in the lead role of an astute amateur detective.

The new hourlong project, which has received a put pilot commitment, is a
    re-imagining of the long-running CBS series. Described as a light, contemporary procedural in the vein of Bones or Fargo, it follows a hospital administrator and amateur sleuth (Spencer) who self-publishes her first mystery novel. Set in a day where sensational headlines inundate the news, this woman’s avid fascination with true crime leads her to become an active participant in the investigations. FormerDesperate Housewivesexecutive producer Cunningham is writing and will executive produce with Janollari. Universal TV, whose namesake predecessor produced the original series, is producing with studio-based David Janollari Entertainment.

This would mark the first series regular role for Spencer, who won an Oscar forThe Help. She previously worked with NBC chairman Bob Greenblatt and Janollari on the 2001 Sci Fi Channel series The Chronicle, which the two exec produced and she recurred on. Spencer’s involvement in Murder, She Wrote stems from an exploratory meeting she took with Greenblatt. “I’ve always considered myself an armchair detective and in a recent meeting with Bob Greenblatt, he asked me what type of character would be able to lure me to TV. Naturally, I said ” J.B. Fletcher” meets “Colombo”… And here we are,” she said. “I’m ecstatic to have the opportunity to work with Dave Janollari again, and Alex Cunningham a brilliant writer who shares my love for all things mysterious and Angela Lansbury.” Cunningham also spoke of her and Spencer’s shared passions. “Octavia and I are both huge true crime buffs, amateur criminologists, and fans of Angela Lansbury,” she said. “To get the chance to reimagine Murder, She Wrote for a dynamic and multi-faceted actress like Octavia is a thrill and a pleasure.”Created by Richard Levinson, William Link and Peter S. Fischer, the originalMurder, She Wrote starred Lansbury in her record 12-time-Emmy-nominated role as Jessica (J.B.) Fletcher, a middle-aged, widowed successful murder-mystery writer who solves real murders in her spare time. The series premiered in 1984, ran for 12 seasons and spawned four follow-up TV movies as well as a spinoff series, The Law & Harry McGraw. Like other reboots, including CBS’ Hawaii Five-0and TNT’s Dallas, the new Murder, She Wrote will likely keep the popular theme music of the original series, which won an Emmy for composer John Addison, giving it a 21st century makeover. (You can refresh your memory below.)
    'Murder, She Wrote' With Octavia Spencer Starring In Works At NBC

dougie likes this.

fgg

NO! i'm not really on board the octavia spencer train. she was on mom and something else recently and i expected much better from an oscar winner.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

I like that shot of Octavia Spencer.

Will it take place in the fictional northeast town of Cabot Cove?
    Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

Please just leave this show alone.

I have fond memories of watching this show with my grandmother.
    Laxmobster likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kat Scorp View Post
    My fellow 1982 Scorpion! Never occurred to me that penises go into ears until your twitpics
    @NickoMoralesXXX
    @Sexy_Seth_1982 awe sexy! You're just too cute to be true- I can't take my eyes off of you-

Octavia Spencer is great but how the hell can you reboot Angela Lansbury??????
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Leave Jessica Fletcher alone!

I love Murder, She Wrote and don't want them fudging with it.
    Seth82 likes this.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

I love murder, she wrote. And I'm not usually in favour of remakes but if they do a good job oh this, I'm willing to give it a chance. Not as a replacement or even as anything that could ever compare to the original, but as something in its own right.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

If they make her a sassy black woman, god help me.
    sputnik likes this.

fgg

Murder, She Wrote Remake with Octavia Spencer Gets the Ax

Murder, She Wrote is dead. Again.

A planned reboot of the successful TV series, set to star Oscar winner Octavia Spencer in the role made famous by Angela Lansbury, has been scrapped, even as the pilot for NBC got a commitment last October, Deadline.com reports.

The plot for the new version had Spencer, 43, cast as a hospital administrator and amateur detective who goes on to publish her first mystery novel.

The original CBS series, one of television's most successful and longest-running, aired from 1984 to 1996 and earned Lansbury 12 consecutive Emmy nominations for outstanding lead actress in a drama series. The show's title was taken from a film adaptation, Murder, She Said, of an Agatha Christie Miss Marple novel.

The original TV series followed a retired teacher-turned-mystery writer, Jessica Fletcher, who lived in the fictional town of Cabot Cove, Maine, and solved her own cases.

Lansbury, 88, had been against the revamp of her popular TV show, mainly criticizing the decision to use the same title.

"I think it's a mistake to call it Murder, She Wrote because Murder, She Wrote will always be about Cabot Cove and this wonderful little group of people who told those lovely stories and enjoyed a piece of that place, and also enjoyed Jessica Fletcher, who is a rare and very individual kind of person," she said.

Murder, She Wrote Remake with Octavia Spencer Gets the Ax - Remakes, Murder, She Wrote, Angela Lansbury, Octavia Spencer : People.com

thank god. this was a mistake from the get go. are there no original ideas left?
    Laxmobster likes this.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Does anybody know if they are still going ahead with the "Father Dowling Mysteries" remake with Jaden Smith?
    Seth82 and Bluebonnet like this.

Thread Information