Thread: Tom Hardy to Play Elton John in New Biopic

Default Tom Hardy to Play Elton John in New Biopic

Tom Hardy to Play Elton John in New Biopic

Tom Hardy is set to portray the great music legend Elton John in a new biopic, Variety reports!
    The 36-year-old actor will play the 66-year-old musician in Rocket Pictures’Rocketman, the publication is reporting.
    Focus Features has also come on board to give the film a major release in the United States. The movie will also be co-financed by AI Film.
    No details about any other casting have been released. Tom‘s name has been circling the role for several months –James McAvoy‘s name was also thrown into the mix at one point.

http://www.justjared.com

"Tão estranho carregar uma vida inteira no corpo, e ninguém suspeitar dos traumas, das quedas, dos medos, dos choros."
    Caio Fernando Abreu

mjw
    Elite Member

Default Tom Hardy To Play Elton John In Biopic

Tom Hardy
    will star as Elton John in Rocket Pictures’ “Rocketman” and Focus Features has come aboard to give the film a “major” U.S. release.

The film be co-financed by AI Film with a shoot set for fall next year. “Rocketman” will be directed by Michael Gracey from a screenplay by Lee Hall (“War Horse”).

John plans to re-record many of his hit songs for the film.

The decision by Focus to come on board is the first major move since Universal restructured Focus earlier this month and brought in FilmDistrict’s Peter Schlessel as CEO in order to place more emphasis on mainstream offerings.

“Rocketman” is produced by Steve Hamilton Shaw and David Furnish of Rocket Pictures and Lawrence Bender on behalf of AI Film. That production-financing company has been created out of the acquisition of Icon by Len Blavatnik’s Access Industries.

FilmDistrict acquired U.S. rights to the project in June. Good Universe came on board to handle international sales for the biopic at Cannes in May.

The project has been in the works since 2011 with commercials director Gracey having signed to helm in March. “Rocketman” will trace John’s life story, starting with his childhood as a five-year-old musical prodigy.

John and Blavatnik are executive producing, along with AI Film CEO Aviv Giladi and Schlessel.

UTA Independent Film Group arranged financing for the project and negotiated the project’s sale to FilmDistrict.

Hardy broke out last year as the villain in “The Dark Knight Rises.” He will next be seen in Steve Knight’s “Locke” and in the reboot of the “Mad Max” franchise for Warner Bros. and George Miller.

“Tom is quickly becoming known as one of the world’s most versatile actors, and like others at the top of their craft, he has proven his ability to transform himself completely into the character or subject found in the material,” said Schlessel. “We are confident that Tom will embody the physicality and spirit of Sir Elton. This, in conjunction with the creative team led by Michael and Rocket Pictures, will provide the foundation for something that will be a unique cinematic event.”

Hardy is represented by CAA, Lindy King at United Agents and attorney Jason Sloane.
    Tom Hardy is Elton John: Actor to Play Singer in New Biopic | Variety

Tom Hardy as Elton??

this seems like an odd casting choice to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kat Scorp View Post
    My fellow 1982 Scorpion! Never occurred to me that penises go into ears until your twitpics
    @NickoMoralesXXX
    @Sexy_Seth_1982 awe sexy! You're just too cute to be true- I can't take my eyes off of you-

Yeah. Not on acting skills (he should be fine) but body type.... seems weird. Elton has never been chunks of muscles.

Mr Hardy was in the shopping centre near me yesterday apparently...I know, cool story bro
    Ain't nothing wrong with Ohio wang! - MontanaMama

It is a cool story! I can't wait to watch this. Love me some Elton!
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

This will be good!
    Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

Thread Information