Login to remove the ads!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Chalet
  • 1 Post By KristiB

Thread: Gina Gershon plays Donatella Versace - House of Versace - Lifetime network Oct. 5

Default Gina Gershon plays Donatella Versace - House of Versace - Lifetime network Oct. 5

House of Versace - Watch Lifetime Movies Online - myLifetime.com

I sure will.

Gina Gershon, screen icon and Golden Globe® Award-winner Raquel Welch, Enrico Colantoni and Colm Feore stars in the Lifetime Original Movie "House of Versace", chronicling Donatella Versace’s (Gershon) inspiring triumph over tragedy by carrying on her brother’s powerful legacy after his 1997 slaying.

Based on Wall Street Journal reporter Deborah Ball’s widely-read book "House of Versace: The Untold Story of Genius, Murder, and Survival", the movie brings to light the story of Donatella, who, following the brazen murder of her brother, world-renowned designer Gianni Versace (Colantoni) at the height of his success, is suddenly thrust into the spotlight as head designer of his fashion empire. At first ridiculed by critics worldwide, Donatella falls victim to drug addiction and nearly bankrupts the company. With the help of her family, including daughter Allegra, Aunt Lucia (Welch) and brother Santo (Feore), she enters rehab to confront her demons and soon comes back stronger than ever to re-ignite the beloved Versace brand with her own vision and builds one of the most powerful and influential fashion houses ever known.

Following the movie’s premiere, at 10:00pm ET/PT, Lifetime will air the hour-long documentary, "Versace: Beyond the Headlines", providing an in-depth look at Gianni Versace’s start in the fashion business, his incredible rise in such a competitive industry and ultimate creation of the multi-million dollar fashion empire that lives on after his death. The special will include interviews with people who knew Gianni, fashion designers, as well as a police detective and criminologist who explain their take on his tragic murder in front of his Miami mansion on July 15, 1997.
    Witchywoman likes this.

Ah!! I think Gina is a creepy looking bitch, but damn. Playing Donatella is a blow to the ego.

Donatella wishes!!

^^^^
    Woah.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

How about this shit: Gina (51) is only 7 years younger than Donatella (58). Looking at them, I figured Donatella was at least 15 years older.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

Bronze Member

She played somebody like Donatella on Ugly Betty. She was pretty good.

A few years ago we met Donatella on a street in Rome and she looked pretty much like that. Super skinny on super high stillettos walking gracefully on those cobblestone streets. She was friendly when we indicated we recognized her. My grandma asked for a picture with her. I'll have to ask mom if she can find it and scan it.
    Witchywoman likes this.

This looks like it will be good. They showed previews for it all weekend. I love the line where she says at a meeting: "If you're going to keep me on a leash, it better be diamond studded or you can kiss my a....." and then it cuts off. LOL!
    Time passes very slowly when you're in a hippo's mouth.

I find Gina Gershon intoxicating. Can't wait to see her as Donatella Versace.

Gold Member

I will only watch if for Raquel Welch. She better bring the 'worst actress of all time' title to life.

Watching it. Gina's accent is the best. She sounds like Maya Rudolph doing Donatella. This is perfect trash. Waiting for Raquel too. The guy playing Gianni does resemble him. And Gina did her lips up.

Quote Originally Posted by Niki Taylor View Post
    She played somebody like Donatella on Ugly Betty. She was pretty good.
    yeah i recently introduced my mother to ugly betty and was re-watching season 1 with her and gina was on and i thought about this thread and how gina had already played donatella, kind of. and she was hilarious and perfect for the role.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

She has the evil laugh! Bwahhhahahahaha.

I thought it was good. I love Enrico Calantoni...he was great as Gianni.
    Time passes very slowly when you're in a hippo's mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by KristiB View Post
    A few years ago we met Donatella on a street in Rome and she looked pretty much like that. Super skinny on super high stillettos walking gracefully on those cobblestone streets. She was friendly when we indicated we recognized her. My grandma asked for a picture with her. I'll have to ask mom if she can find it and scan it.

Didn't you think she looks less masculine, better in real life. We were once at a Versace party (yeah baby) and I thought she looked a LOT better in real life then in the pictures. And Allegra is way too skinny but she looked also super elegant, nothing like her mother.

Thread Information