Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Saturday Night Live - Season 39 - New Cast Members

Default Saturday Night Live - Season 39 - New Cast Members

‘SNL’ Confirms New Featured Players (Video)

TV | By Tim Molloy on September 16, 2013 @ 6:15 am Follow @timamolloy
    7 115 0

Share0Share0 169
    EmailPrint

Related

'SNL' Picks Cecily Strong as New 'Weekend Update' Anchor

Can 'Saturday Night Live' Survive Its Cast Exodus?

Beck Bennett, John Milhiser, Kyle Mooney, Mike O’Brien, Noël Wells and Brooks Wheelan will debut Sep. 28

“Saturday Night Live” has added six featured players, Beck Bennett, John Milhiser, Kyle Mooney, Mike O’Brien, Noël Wells and Brooks Wheelan, to its cast in one of its biggest lineup shifts in four decades.
    The six will make their debut as the show enters its 39th season on Sep. 28, with Tina Fey hosting and musical guest Arcade Fire, “SNL” announced Monday.
    Also read: ‘SNL’ Picks Cecily Strong as New ‘Weekend Update’ Anchor
    They join the show after veterans Bill Hader, Fred Armisen and Jason Sudeikis left at the end of last season. Seth Meyers was expected to leave the show for his new gig hosting “Late Night” in February, but “SNL” mastermind Lorne Michaels told the New York Times he hopes Meyers might continue to appear on “Weekend Update.”
    Bennett is the best known of the new castmates for his role in AT&T’s “It’s Not Complicated” commercials. Mooney is a performing partner of Bennett’s in the sketch group “Good Neighbor,” and has also appeared on “Jimmy Kimmel Live.” O’Brien is a writer for the show, moving up to a performer at the same time that Tim Robinson, who joined as a featured player last year, will become a writer.
    Milhiser is a veteran of Tina Poehler’s UCB Theater, which has also produced such “SNL” talents as Bobby Moynihan. Whelan, a standup, was one of Comedy Central’s 2012 “Comics to Watch.”
    Also read: Can ‘Saturday Night Live’ Survive Its Cast Exodus?
    Wells (pictured), the only new woman in the cast, is an actress and impersonator who already has an online following for her “Zooey Deschanel Show,” featuring her take on the “New Girl” star.
    Watch “The Zooey Deschanel Show”:

'SNL' Confirms New Featured Players (Video) - TheWrap

OMG! I love Beck Bennett!
    Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

Cicely Strong annoys me, I don't think I'd like her weekend update. I hope Seth continues to do it.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

I do like her "That Girl You Don't Want to Talk To at a Party" character.

Cecily Strong annoys me too. But, I'll give it a shot.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Who watched the season premiere the other night?
    Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

I didn't watch, but they did hire a native guy from Manchester, Iowa. His name is Brooks Wheelan. Not sure how he did,...but it is kind of cool someone else from Iowa has broken into show business.
    louiswinthorpe111 likes this.

Ohhh! Bruce Willis is hosting this weekend! (October 12)

Cicely Strong is just not very funny, and I friggin' hate that girl at a party character! Lame.
    Kate McKinnon, on the other hand, is gold in everything she does.
    KrisNine likes this.
    Santa is an elitist mother fucker -- giving expensive shit to rich kids and nothing to poor kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebonnet View Post
    Who watched the season premiere the other night?
    I though it was stupid and changed it.

Quote Originally Posted by ManxMouse View Post
    Cicely Strong is just not very funny, and I friggin' hate that girl at a party character! Lame.
    Completely agree.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Kate McKinnon is great. She's very funny.

I think I saw Cicely Strong on a repeat of Two and a Half Men. Could be wrong, but I think she was Heather Locklear's characters law assistant.

I think she's OK. My favorites are definitely Kate and Taran Killam.

Taran Killam is hilarious! He's my favorite, too.

He's married to the chick who plays Robin on How I Met Your Mother, btw.

They all suck. Even Beck Bennett has been disappointing.
    I also must be one of the few people in the world who liked Fred Armisen's impersonation of President Obama. I think Jay Pharoah is terrible.
    "If you always do what interests you, at least one person is pleased." - Katharine Hepburn

Legitimizing LeAnn Rimes' Murderous Trip to the Top

'She will play many black women tonight': Kerry Washington impersonates both Oprah and Michelle Obama on Saturday Night Live

By Daily Mail Reporter
    PUBLISHED: 03:34 EST, 3 November 2013 | UPDATED: 03:34 EST, 3 November 2013

Kerry Washington couldn't help but acknowledge the elephant in the room as she hosted the most recent episode of Saturday Night Live.

The 36-year-old's appearance on the long running sketch comedy show highlights a current lack in the series cast - a black female comedienne.

And SNL's writers were certain to open Saturday night's episode with a skit self-consciously satirising that very absence - as it had Kerry racing to change costumes in order to portray both Michelle Obama and Oprah Winfrey in one long set piece.

The first couple: Kerry Washington and Jay Pharoah portrayed Michelle and Barack Obama on the latest episode of Saturday Night Live

Costume change: The 36-year-old then slipped into an Oprah Winfrey impersonation

The show opener had Washington playing the First Lady as Jay Pharaoh impersonated Barack Obama.

But soon a secret service agent announces that Oprah is on her way to see the President, and has to remind Kerry to change costumes as she is expected to play 'many different black women' as the current cast is lacking in diversity.

The Django Unchained star plays up the fuss to great comedic effect.

New material: Kerry and Kenan Thompson spoofed her show Scandal

The assist: The actress played a trash talking PA to Nasim Pedrad's underwhelming motivational speaker

But she later feigns frustration when after appearing as Oprah she is then called to pretend she is Beyonce - underscoring the absence of a black female cast member.

And the discussion of race only continued.

During Kerry's opening monologue she and a few of the current SNL staples poked fun at her hit ABC series Scandal.

Jealous girlfriend: Kerry next performed in a music video about a nagging lady friend

Tearing it up: The Django Unchained star showed off her dance moves

Of her show, she said deadpan: 'I'm so proud to be on a show that has the courage to cast a white man as president in 2013.'

Kerry then went on to solve various cast members problems - just like her Scandal character.

Kenan Thompson brought her introduction to a close as he stole the limelight by wearing a bloodied shirt, but was befuddled as to how the incriminating marks got there.

Passionate: Washington as a permed Social Science professor

Not getting it: The star portrayed a confused pageant contestant

Kerry was next seen in a skit involving an underwhelming motivational speaker.

Nasim Pedrad played the hip thrusting self help guru - who's biggest claim to success is that she is a '44-year-old woman who owns a Honda Prelude' - to great comic effect, as she spoke at Career Day at a local high school.

And Washington made sure to keep up as her personal assistant Tammy, who can't help but let her distaste for her boss be known every chance she gets.

The emcee: The Scandal actress as the host of a cartoon trivia show

Hard lumps: The star as a disgruntled teacher traumatized by her students at a PTA fundraiser

Not the sharpest tool in the shed: The actress as a dating contestant with a low IQ

Kerry also hit comedic high marks as a jealous girlfriend in a hilarious music video opposite Jay Pharoah.

She then portrayed a politically passionate social science professor with a 1970s perm, a Miss Universe contestant confused by the pageant proceedings, and the host of a show called Cartoon Catchphrase.

The Scandal star completed her SNL appearance by playing a disgruntled teacher traumatized by her students at a PTA fundraiser and then a less than intelligent contestant on an MTV dating show called Date Or Diss.

The musical guest for the evening was Eminem, who gave two rousing performances.

Laying it down: Eminem was the musical guest for the evening

Getting some back up: The rapper had a full band and vocalists to accompany him

I want more Beck Bennett!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebonnet View Post
    I want more Beck Bennett!!
    Me, too. I love his commercials, and I think he's capable of a lot more than what they're letting him do.

The Kerry Washington skit about the motivational speaker was one of the best I've seen in a while.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information