Like Tree8Likes
  • 6 Post By Bluebonnet
  • 1 Post By faithanne
  • 1 Post By greysfang

Thread: How much do the biggest tv stars make?

Default How much do the biggest tv stars make?

​​There is a new king of late night, according to TV Guide Magazine's annual survey of star salaries. And he's a very rich king.

"The Daily Show" host Jon Stewart is now earning between $25-30 million a year, according to several sources (his network, Comedy Central, did not comment).
    That puts Stewart ahead of the past perennial late night salary leaders Jay Leno and David Letterman. Leno took a significant pay cut last year, as NBC wanted to reduce costs at "Tonight." He now earns around $20 million a year after being up near $30 million. Letterman is also said to be in the $20 million range as the license fee CBS pays to his production company, Worldwide Pants, for "Late Show" has been reduced in recent years.

Stewart's ratings have made him worthy of his status as highest paid late night host. His show is regularly the top rated late-night program among viewers aged 18 to 49, the demographic advertisers covet the most, and is especially strong in the younger half of that age group.

It's the biggest shift in this year's survey, based on conversations with agents, managers, and studio heads and network executives. Ashton Kutcher remains the top paid actor in prime time with $750,000 an episode for his role on "Two and a Half Men." "NCIS" star Mark Harmon is still the salary champ in drama, with $525,000 an episode plus a piece of the show's profits.

But there could be some new titleholders on the horizon, sources tell TV Guide Magazine. The three leads of "The Big Bang Theory"— Johnny Galecki, Jim Parsons and Kaley Cuoco — are expected to seek new deals that pay them up to $1 million an episode of the top rated sitcom. Each member of the trio currently earns around $325,000 an episode in the contracts that expire after the upcoming season.

Judy Sheindlin is biggest earning performer in any genre, taking in $47 million a year for the top rated syndicated daytime show "Judge Judy." Simon Cowell's ownership of "The X Factor," a music competition franchise that airs around the world, makes him a mogul with earnings of around $95 million.
    A full list of salaries for more than 150 stars appears in this week's of TV Guide Magazine, on newsstands Thursday, August 22!

DRAMA (per episode)
    Mark Harmon (NCIS): $525,000 + points
    Claire Danes (Homeland): $250,000
    Michael Weatherly (NCIS): $250,000
    Peter Dinklage (Game of Thrones): $150,000
    Tatiana Maslany (Orphan Black): $50,000

COMEDY (per episode)
    Ashton Kutcher (Two and a Half Men): $750,000
    Jason Segel (How I Met Your Mother): $225,000
    Amy Poehler (Parks and Recreation): $200,000
    Robin Williams (The Crazy Ones): $165,000
    Max Greenfield (New Girl): $75,000

REALITY
    Howard Stern (America's Got Talent): $15 million per year
    Keith Urban (American Idol): $5 million per year
    Blake Shelton (The Voice): $4 million per cycle
    RuPaul (RuPaul's Drag Race): $50,000 per episode
    Reza Farahan (Shahs of Sunset): $18,000 per episode

LATE NIGHT (per year)
    Jon Stewart (The Daily Show): $25-30 million
    Jay Leno (The Tonight Show): $20 million
    David Letterman (Late Night): $20 million
    Jimmy Kimmel (Jimmy Kimmel Live): $10 million
    Andy Cohen (Watch What Happens Live): $2 million

NEWS (per year)
    Matt Lauer (NBC): $22-25 million
    Rachel Maddow (MSNBC): $7 million
    Megyn Kelly (Fox News Channel): $6 million
    Scott Pelley (CBS): $5 million
    Chris Cuomo (CNN): $2.5 million

DAYTIME/SYNDICATION (per year)
    Judy Sheindlin (Judge Judy): $47 million
    Katie Couric (Katie): $10 million
    Michael Strahan (Live with Kelly and Michael): $4 million
    Sharon Osbourne (The Talk): $1 million
    Aisha Tyler (The Talk): $1 million

Read more:
    http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2013/08/20/tv-highest-paid-stars-what-earn/#ixzz2cYLUIpjC
    Last edited by sprynkles; August 20th, 2013 at 07:21 PM.

Meryl doesn't even try anymore. She just calls Lanvin and asks for curtains with a belt.~Bitter
    Can we interest you in Leann Rimes? She has a nice little cadre of fans you'd probably enjoy.~ Pecan Pie

This list is weird. Why isn't Adam Levine on there for Reality stars. A couple of weeks ago they said he earned like $35 mil last year without touring. So some of that have to be for The Voice. At least 3 mil I would assume. For News shows why isn't Stephanapolis on there? You would thnk he would make more that Cris Cuomo. And no Anderson Cooper.

I said it a while back and I'll say it again. The fact that Ashton Kutcher makes more than Mark Harmon is disgusting.
    sprynkles, olivia, Brookie and 3 others like this.
    Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

I wonder how many shows Judge Judy does a year for that 47 mil?? Blows my mind...

Why isn't Eddie Cibrian on that list?
    rockchick likes this.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

I can't imagine making money like this every time I showed up to work. It blows the mind.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

I could pay off my mortgage by Tuesday week.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

Quote Originally Posted by JadeStar70 View Post
    I wonder how many shows Judge Judy does a year for that 47 mil?? Blows my mind...
    This article is tl;dr, but says she flies to LA twice a month to tape. Wonder how many shows she fits in on those trips?

Judge Judy rules! TV court jurist is the highest paid television star

TV Guide's latest survey of television personalities puts Sheindlin, Simon Cowell, Matt Lauer and David Letterman at the top

By David Hinckley / NEW YORK DAILY NEWS

Published: Wednesday, August 8, 2012, 3:48 PM

Updated: Wednesday, August 8, 2012, 3:48 PM

Judge Judy Sheindlin is the highest paid TV personality, earning $45 million per year to rule her roost.

TV's $45 million woman says she’s just a regular Brooklyn gal at heart.

Judge Judy Sheindlin is once again at the top of TV Guide’s annual “Who Earns What” survey, but when the Daily News caught up with her, she was not doing anything particularly rich.

“Right now I am shopping in Kmart in Wyoming,” she said, “for leather cleaner to get a pen mark off my car seat.”

After making the five-and-dime purchase, she added, she was going home to scrub the seat clean. Herself.

This is not to say the Brooklyn gal hasn’t spent any of her money, which has built to what Forbes estimates at more than a $100 million fortune.
    Ray Mickshaw / FOX

Simon Cowell (right with Demi Lovato and Britney Spears) is the overall money winner on TV, though he benefits from back-end salary from production credits.

She and her husband Jerry live in Naples, Fla., where she bought a $6.9 million condo in 2005.

During the warm seasons, they migrate with the snowbirds to Greenwich, Ct., where they own a 24,000-square-foot mansion with 13 bathrooms,26-foot ceilings, a home theater for 50 and a 3,150-square-foot master bedroom.

For a pied-a-terre in New York, she bought a 3,100-square-foot, $6.75 million apartment in the Sherry Netherland in 2009.

When she travels to Los Angeles twice a month to tape the show, she stays in a hotel — but can use her private jet to get there.

But the 69-year-old Sheindlin has hardly gone Hollywood, friends say, preferring to spend her time at one of her homes or with her five children and 11, soon to be 12, grandchildren.

“When you do this long enough, you learn what's really important in your life,” she told USA Today in 2010. “That's family. I mean, when it comes down to it, it's just TV.”

Matt Sayles/AP

(From l.) Khloe Kardashian, Kylie Jenner, Kris Jenner, Kourtney Kardashian, Kim Kardashian, and Kendall Jenner arrive at the Kardashian Kollection launch party in Los Angeles in 2011.

Appointed to the Family Court bench in 1982 by Mayor Ed Koch, she acquired a reputation as an impatient jurist with a low tolerance for nonsense.

She retired in 1996, salary $113,000, and that same year signed for the TV show, where her wisecracking style and no-nonsense approach made her a winner.

She was also shrewd enough to get paid for all this, negotiating up her salary by pointing out how much money the show was making for everyone else.

Her $45 million puts her well ahead of everyone else on TV, according to the annual TV Guide list that will be published Thursday.

Second-place David Letterman from CBS clocks in at $28 million, followed by Jay Leno of NBC at $25 million, Matt Lauer of “The Today Show” at $21.5 million, and Kelly Ripa at $20 million — reportedly the same as Sheindlin’s fellow judge Joe Brown.

In contrast, the highest paid actor in a scripted drama is Mark Harmon of CBS's "NCIS," at $500,000 an episode or $11 million for a full season.

Mariska Hargitay of NBC's Law & Order: SVU" is second with $385,000 an episode, following by three "Grey's Anatomy" stars on ABC, Sandra Oh, Ellen Pompeo and Patrick Dempsey, at $350,000 an episode each.

The top two sitcom earners, by a wide margin, are on the same CBS show, "Two and a Half Men."

Ashton Kutcher rings in at $700,000 an episode and Jon Cryer gets $600,000.

Their closest competitor is Tina Fey of NBC's "30 Rock," at $350,000.

Actors in scripted shows, TV Guide says, earn less than they did a few years ago - partly because of the influx of actors from the movies, which have cut back on character dramas, and from theater.

So while Jon Hamm of AMC's "Mad Men" earns $250,000 an episode, Lea Michele of the high-buzz "Glee" on Fox earns a relatively modest $75,000 and Zooey Deschanel of "New Girl," also on Fox, $95,000.

Neil Patrick Harris earns $210,000 an episode for CBS's "How I Met Your Mother," while Michael C. Hall earns $295,000 for Showtime's "Dexter," and Claire Danes earns $110,000 for Showtime's "Homeland."

Lucy Liu will earn $125,000 for CBS's "Elementary" this fall, while Kaley Cuoco and Jim Parsons will each earn $300,000 an episode for CBS's "The Big Bang Theory."

That's the same pay Dan Castellaneta and Julie Kavner get for lending just their voices to Fox's long-running animated hit, "The Simpsons."

The bigger bucks these days, says TV Guide, are going to reality and personality shows.

Mariah Carey just signed for $17 million as a judge on Fox's "American Idol," vaulting her past the $15 million Howard Stern gets for judging NBC's "American's Got Talent" and the $10 million Britney Spears will be paid to judge "X Factor" this year.

They're all well ahead of the judges on NBC's "The Voice," where Christina Aguilera gets $225,000 an episode and her three cohorts, Blake Shelton, Adam Levine and Cee Lo Green make $100,000.

Ryan Seacrest makes $15 million a year for hosting "Idol," and the old reliable Kardashian family clocks in at $10 million.

Conversely, the Landry Family of "Swamp People" on History get just $25,000 an episode.

In the news game, Bill O'Reilly of Fox News is second to Lauer in this survey, earning $15 million a year.

Brian Williams of NBC tops the broadcast network nightly news anchors at $13 million, followed by Diane Sawyer of ABC at $12 million and Scott Pelley of CBS down at $4 million.

Anderson Cooper of CNN earns a reported $11 million, while other morning show personalities include Robin Roberts of ABC at $6 million and Lara Spencer of ABC at $1.5 million.

Other late-night hosts include Jon Stewart of Comedy Central at $16 million, Jimmy Kimmel of ABC at $8 million, Jimmy Fallon of NBC at $5 million and Conan O'Brien of TBS at $12 million.
    Stephen Battaglio, coauthor of the TV Guide report, notes that strictly speaking, Simon Cowell of Fox’s “X Factor” makes more than $45 million a year from television — $90 million, according to Forbes. But much of that comes from producing and owning the show.

Sheindlin grew up on Ocean Ave. in Sheepshead Bay, the daughter of a dentist. She attended James Madison High and returned to the city to graduate from NYU Law School in 1965.

And she still doesn’t really want to talk about the money. “My blessing,” she said Wednesday, “is that I have a great family and am enjoying good health.”

Read more: Judge Judy rules! TV court jurist is the highest paid television star - NY Daily News
    Last edited by InigoMontoya; August 23rd, 2013 at 06:51 PM. Reason: To remove a bunch of crazy looking boxes that showed up somehow.

Life is unfair when Peter Dinklage makes less than Doucheton Kutcher.

Jon Stewart is worth every penny.
    Honeythorn likes this.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

RuPaul only gets 50k per episode?? That is a GD disgrace! Mama needs to re-negotiate that.
    Who do I have to fuck to get off this boat?

Jon Stewart is worth every penny.
    Absolutely.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/s...ryId=122375199

Lauer is highly overpaid.
    "Schadenfreude, hard to spell, easy to feel." ~VenusinFauxFurs

"Scoffing is one of my main hobbies!" ~Trixie

Thread Information