Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Gone Girl (2015)

Default Gone Girl (2015)

The Gone Girl is here. British actress Rosamund Pike has been cast as the lead character in the upcoming movie adaptation of Gillian Flynn‘s bestseller, Gone Girl, the Hollywood Reporter reports.

Pike, 34, nabbed the role over several better-known actresses who were reportedly considered for the part, including Charlize Theron, Natalie Portman, Emily Blunt, and Olivia Wilde.

The actress will star opposite Ben Affleck in the film version of the thriller that follows a wife who goes missing on her fifth wedding anniversary, and a husband who becomes the lead suspect in her disappearance.

Meanwhile, as production on the David Fincher-directed film moves forward, Neil Patrick Harris and Tyler Perry have been named as possible actors for supporting roles, according to the Hollywood Reporter. Reese Witherspoon will serve as a producer.
    Full article at link: Rosamund Pike to Star in Gone Girl Movie Adaptation

What does everyone think of these casting choices? I'm pretty happy with them. I think Ben Affleck will be great as Nick, especially since the character is obviously based on Scott Peterson and Affleck reminds me a lot of him. I'm not really familiar with Rosamund Pike, but just going off of pictures, she looks about like I'd envisioned Amy. I can't figure out who Neil Patrick Harris and Tyler Perry would play, but I'm assuming NPH would be up for Desi. I like him a lot as an actor, but I think he'd be seriously miscast in that role.

I kind like NPH as Desi. NPH has that perpetual boyish thing going on and Desi had that arrested development issue, not to mention mommy issues. I think I can see it.

Well, they're both (Pike and Affleck) excellent actors, so hopefully they'll help to make the two lead characters a bit more likeable. I enjoyed the book but I was astounded at how much I hated both of them. I like NPH for Desi too, I think he'll do a great job with that.
    Lalique likes this.
    I smile because I have no idea what's going on

I don't recall the Desi character in the book...I'll have to go refresh myself. What about the sister? Anyone tagged to play her?

^ he's the wife's ex bf.

i thought this book was barely mediocre. it had an inordinate amount of hype and build up as a clever, dark, twisting thriller. it was none of those.
    Alysheba and chartreuse like this.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

czb

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post

i thought this book was barely mediocre. it had an inordinate amount of hype and build up as a clever, dark, twisting thriller. it was none of those.
    i'm reading this book now, and couldn't agree more. not quite sure why the book got as much hype as it did.
    Alysheba likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    ^ he's the wife's ex bf.

I thought it hit mediocre even though I figured out the twist way to early. Decidedly not clever. In the right hands, though, it might make for an ok thriller type movie.
    Alysheba likes this.

I've read all three of her books and none have wow'd me. They're ok summer reading, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Charmed Hour View Post
    I've read all three of her books and none have wow'd me. They're ok summer reading, imo.
    I read the first two, and didn't like them, so didn't try the third. Is it worth a read?

I'll be interesting to see the movie.

New posters

Here's the trailer..

The trailer gets repetitive and boring. Can only imagine the movie.

I read the book after all the hype. I enjoyed it. I can read just about anything and find something I like about it. I thought this book was better than a lot of the overhyped books that I've read (or attempted to read). I think it's going to be a good movie. I like the cast and the director.

I thought it was ok. Nothing tremendous. Just ok. She has another one out about a girl who survived a night where her entire family was killed and her brother was sent to jail for it. That book was better.

In Benedict Cumberbatch's Velvet Tuxedo, USA

I'm looking forward to this. I am in love with David Fincher's films and Trent Reznor makes wonderful soundtracks.
    “You never know what's around the corner. It could be everything. Or it could be nothing. You keep putting one foot in front of the other, and then one day you look back and you've climbed a mountain.” - Tom Hiddleston

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information