Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Sassiness

Thread: Tom Hiddleston, Jeremy Irons & More in BBC's 'The Hollow Crown' Miniseries Trailer

Default Tom Hiddleston, Jeremy Irons & More in BBC's 'The Hollow Crown' Miniseries Trailer

Tom Hiddleston, Jeremy Irons & More in BBC's 'The Hollow Crown' Miniseries Trailer

by Ethan Anderton
    August 8, 2013

Since the offerings on various VOD outlets like iTunes are becoming much more engaging, we thought this truly epic miniseries from BBC deserved the attention of cinephiles. The network across the pond has put together a four-part series called The Hollow Crown, an adaptation of four of Shakespeare's classic plays Richard II, Henry IV Part 1, Henry IV Part 2 and Henry V. What's even better is these adaptations feature Tom Hiddleston (The Avengers, Thor), Jeremy Irons (Die Hard with a Vengeance), Patrick Stewart (X-Men) and Ben Whishaw (Skyfall, Cloud Atlas). This looks like a gorgeous drama series.

The Hollow Crown is a miniseries from BBC Two produced by Skyfall director Sam Mendes which features new adaptations of Shakespeare's tetralogy of history plays comprising the Henriad which includes King Richard II; King Henry IV, Part 1; King Henry IV, Part 2; King Henry V. The plays chronicle a continuous period in British history from the end of the 14th century to the aftermath of the Battle of Agincourt in 1415. Tom Hiddleston, Patrick Stewart, Jeremy Irons and Ben Whishaw star in the series directed by Richard Eyre, Rupert Goold and Thea Sharrock which Focus World releases on iTunes, VOD & DVD August 27th.
    FirstShowing.net

"Tão estranho carregar uma vida inteira no corpo, e ninguém suspeitar dos traumas, das quedas, dos medos, dos choros."
    Caio Fernando Abreu

Who the hell is Ben Whishaw was my first question so it turns out he's the new hipster Q from Skyfall.

Hiddleston, yay! Count me in for this one!

ETA: I'll take their word on Jeremy Irons being in this one too, sure didn't see him in the trailer.
    What if Superman is psychotic and everyone can see that he's Clark Kent but they just play along not to set him off?

Irons is King Henry IV.
    This was part of the Shakespeare celebrations last year. More info here BBC Two - The Hollow Crown and here. The Hollow Crown (TV series) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Free Charmed.

Waow, hadn't seen that, thanks !
    Richard II is my fav Shakespeare play
    Fluctuat nec mergitur
    Paris, Nov 13th

I heard awesome things about this when it was on the BBC. Looking forward to seeing it. Hope that it's available on Australian iTunes.

Do you not get any BBC channels down there? I'm surprised that its not on Netflix or other downloadable spaces already. Might be worth checking?
    Free Charmed.

BBC shows are popular in Australia, but we don't have a BBC channel per se (Not like BBC America).

ABC (the Australian Broadcasting Corporation - equivalent to BBC in Aus, government funded public broadcaster) shows a lot of BBC programs, although increasingly the commercial free to air channels are pitching for big budget stuff. I would expect ABC to get The Hollow Crown, if anyone (which would be *awesome* as they don't show advertisements. No interruptions!)

Pay TV does have a UKTV channel, but frankly all the good BBC stuff is usually grabbed by the ABC or one of the bigger commercial networks.
    Novice likes this.

Thread Information