Like Tree6Likes
  • 3 Post By Bellatheball
  • 2 Post By gas_chick
  • 1 Post By greysfang

Thread: Superman and Batman to Team Up in Movie

Default Superman and Batman to Team Up in Movie

Comic-Con: Superman and Batman to Team Up in Movie

Warner Bros. opts not to do a traditional "Man of Steel" sequel

Warner Bros. kicked Saturday at Comic-Con with a big announcement: Batman and Superman will pair up in a new movie as the follow up to “Man of Steel.”
    Zack Snyder, who helmed “Man of Steel,” is co-writing the story with David S. Goyer, who will then pen the screenplay. Production is expected to begin in 2014, with an anticipated release date in summer 2015.
    To make the announcement, the director brought out “Man of Steel”-castmember Harry Lennix to read from Frank Miller’s 1986 book, “The Dark Knight Returns,” in which Batman battles Superman: “I want you to remember, Clark. In all the years to come. In all your most private moments. I want you to remember my hand at your throat. I want you to remember the one man who beat you.”
    During the brief presentation, Snyder revealed the film’s logo.
    The new Batman has yet to be cast. Christian Bale has, however, said he would not return to the role.
    Studio and the director made the announcement of the the Superman and Batman match-up to 6,000 people inside Hall H at the San Diego Convention Center, at the end of its panel where it also promoted “Gravity,” The Lego Movie,” “Edge of Tomorrow,” “300: Rise of an Empire,” “Godzilla,” and “Seventh Son.”

The studio and DC Entertainment has been considering several options for its superhero films, including a “Man of Steel” sequel for 2015, a Flash movie in 2016 and the Justice League film for 2017.
    Warner Bros. has indicated that it planned to bring back Superman for a 2015 film if “Man of Steel” performed up to expectations. The film’s worldwide box office has hit $622 million since its June 14 launch. ”The Dark Knight Rises,” starring Bale, topped $1 billion in global box office last year.
    The Batman-Superman movie could match the box office prowess of “Marvel’s The Avengers.” That 2012 Disney release, featuring Iron Man, Captain America, the Hulk and Thor, amassed $1.5 billion worldwide.
    It would also move the Burbank studio closer to its long-planned all-star superhero pic “Justice League” — finally fully exploiting its DC Comics library beyond Batman and Superman.

“Justice League” would bring to the screen such characters as Aquaman, the Flash, Wonder Woman and another Green Lantern, whose costly 2011 predecessor flopped.
    “Superman and Batman together on the big screen is a dream come true for DC fans everywhere,” said Diane Nelson, president of DC Entertainment. “All of us at DC Entertainment could not be more excited for Zack’s continuing vision for the DC Universe.”
    Snyder said, “I’m so excited to begin working again with Henry Cavill in the world we created, and I can’t wait to expand the DC Universe in this next chapter. Let’s face it, it’s beyond mythological to have Superman and our new Batman facing off, since they are the greatest Super Heroes in the world.”
    The new film brings back Charles Roven and Deborah Snyder as producers. This time, Christopher Nolan and Emma Thomas are serving as executive producers, along with Benjamin Melniker and Michael E. Uslan.
    Comic-Con: Superman and Batman to Team Up in Movie | Variety

"Tão estranho carregar uma vida inteira no corpo, e ninguém suspeitar dos traumas, das quedas, dos medos, dos choros."
    Caio Fernando Abreu

Hollywood is really getting desperate.

Are you kidding? It's totally logical. They are making a killing on Marvel's Avengers (in all forms). It makes perfect sense that DC would follow suit with The Justice League.

It'll be a weird way to introduce a new Batman though, assuming that Cavill will remain as Superman.
    Ain't nothing wrong with Ohio wang! - MontanaMama

Cool!!! I want them to include more characters of the Justice League. I didn't read the comics, but I watched Super Friends as a kid. How about Wonder Woman, Robin, Aquaman, Green Latern, The Flash, The Atom and the Wonder Twins???

I also loved watching Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends, with Iceman and Firestar.

Nerdgasm!!!!
    dowcat and Pinkii like this.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Justice League filming wrapped in the UK last week and production has relocated to the cold shores of Iceland.
    To mark the new phase, Warner Bros. released the first look at Amber Heard as Mera, Aquaman's wife and queen.
    The actress, 30, is pictured standing on rocks at the water's edge in her tight-fitting sea-green suit and pointed headdress with her long auburn hair flowing loose.
    Amber Heard is pictured for the first time in costume as Mera, the wife and queen of Aquaman, as Justice League filming moves to Iceland

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/

"Tão estranho carregar uma vida inteira no corpo, e ninguém suspeitar dos traumas, das quedas, dos medos, dos choros."
    Caio Fernando Abreu

She looks good. I'm excited for this movie.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Quote Originally Posted by Bellatheball View Post
    Are you kidding? It's totally logical. They are making a killing on Marvel's Avengers (in all forms). It makes perfect sense that DC would follow suit with The Justice League.
    The thing is though, DC does a great job with TV and not so good with movies.
    Waterslide likes this.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

My daughter is hoping they would do a movie version of "Teen Titans", and it appears they are. I liked it almost as much as the X-Men when 8-zillion years ago when I read comics.

Thread Information