• 6 Post By sputnik
  • 3 Post By fgg
  • 1 Post By A*O
  • 3 Post By Kittylady
  • 1 Post By MentalNotes
  • 1 Post By A*O

Thread: First look at Helena Bonham Carter as Elizabeth Taylor

Default First look at Helena Bonham Carter as Elizabeth Taylor

The BBC has released the first picture of Dominic West and Helena Bonham Carter in costume for its Richard Burton and Elizabeth Taylor biopic.

Image 1 of 2
    Dominic West and Helena Bonham Carter as Richard Burton and Elizabeth Taylor Photo: BBC

The BBC has released the first picture of Dominic West and Helena Bonham Carter in costume for its feature-length biopic about one of Hollywood's most volatile couples Richard Burton and Elizabeth Taylor.

Written by William Ivory and directed by Richard Laxton, Burton & Taylor focuses on the pair's on-again and off-again relationship, set against the backdrop of their ill-fated appearance in the 1983 revival of the Nol Coward play Private Lives.
    Their stint in the play was reportedly so fraught that the pair, already married and divorced twice, finally accepted that their relationship was beyond repair. Burton died the following year at the age of 58. Taylor died from heart failure in March 2011, aged 79.
    The play, about a divorced couple running into each other in France while honeymooning with their new spouses, was a commercial success but was generally panned by critics.
    Taylor and Burton were both married to other people when they began an affair on the set of the big-budget 1963 epic Cleopatra. They were married between 1964 and 1974 and then again between 1975 and 1976.

The 90-minute drama, which is the latest in a long line of BBC Four biopics about public figures, comes months after the US cable channel Lifetime debuted its own Burton and Taylor telepic, Liz & Dick, starring Lindsay Lohan and Grant Bowler.
    That effort was savaged by critics, with The Hollywood Reporter's Tim Goodman writing in his review, "Don't miss Liz & Dick... if only because it is spectacularly bad and a classic of unintentional hilarity... Lohan is woeful as Taylor from start to finish."
    West, who is playing Burton, told Mandrake in March that he had been studying Liz & Dick. Ive watched clips on YouTube of it, said the 43-year-old star of The Wire. I need to watch the whole thing. You could say they are a hard act to follow.
    Burton & Taylor will air on BBC Four later this year.

First look at Dominic West and Helena Bonham Carter as Richard Burton and Elizabeth Taylor - Telegraph

I saw this earlier, and it was pretty startling. I don't think I would have known it was HBC unless they said it.

dominic west makes me wet.

this looks awesome. so much better than the shit show that was the blohan version.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

I had no idea this was coming about. I would love to see it! She looks gorgeous--but not really any more like la Liz than Blohan did.

WOW!!! I would have NEVER guessed that was HBC. She should look like that from now on,...lol Every picture I ever see of her, she looks like a damn freak show.

fgg

how dare HBC challenge the screen magic that was demonstrated by LILO?
    Kathie_Moffett, Sylkyn and Brookie like this.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

You had to go and post this, didn't you, which will make me tune in and appreciate HBC and forget how awful(ly hilarious) the other version was. Do you know how many rounds of drinking games you just ruined, Honey?

Nice, better than Lohan, that's for sure.
    Hello mother fucker! when you ask a question read also the answer instead of asking another question on an answer who already contain the answer of your next question!
    -Bugdoll-

A*O

If she could act for shit then Dita Von Tees would be an awesome Liz T. Meanwhile HBC looks almost convincing. I love Dominic West too but Richard Burton he ain't.
    Sylkyn likes this.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Quote Originally Posted by JadeStar70 View Post
    WOW!!! I would have NEVER guessed that was HBC. She should look like that from now on,...lol Every picture I ever see of her, she looks like a damn freak show.
    I kind of really like that she dresses as oddly as she wants and doesn't give a fuck.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

I love that HBC usually looks like the dotty family member that talks to her cats. Its her thing and shows she's not a conformist.
    Squish likes this.
    "Boredom's not a burden
    Anyone should bear."
    -Tool "Stinkfist"

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Talking to cats is bad? Umm, how bad are we talking here? Like mildly wrong or baaaaaad?
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

A*O

Froot Loop bad. So sorry.
    Kittylady likes this.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Thread Information