Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree48Likes

Thread: Mermaids: Animal Planet Wants Us To Think They Exist With This "Documentary"

Default Mermaids: Animal Planet Wants Us To Think They Exist With This "Documentary"

'Mermaids The Body Found-The Extended Cut' Debuts Tonight With New Videos And Evidence; But Do Mermaids Really Exist?[VIDEO]

The new special "Mermaids: The Body Found - The Extended Cut" made its premiere tonight on Animal Planet.

The new special "Mermaids: The Body Found - The Extended Cut" made its premiere tonight on Animal Planet. The program is an extended cut of last year's special "Mermaids: The Body Found" which became a sensation and garnered some of the highest ratings ever for Animal Planet. The network is airing a sequel to the "Mermaids" with further evidence that the creatures exist. But do they?

The special "Mermaids: The Body Found - The Extended Cut" includes additional footage not aired in last year's special "Mermaids: The Body Found." The show claims that mermaids are not the magical water fairies of fairy lore, but cryptozoological creatures. In, addition, it claims that NOAA Fisheries scientists discovered remains of mermaids, but that the government is engaged in a cover up of the incredible discovery.
    During "Mermaids: The New Evidence," footage that supposedly showed a mermaid leaping off a rock and into the water in Kiryat Yam was revealed. The video shows a mermaid looking up at the cameramen and eerily jumping into the water at an inhuman speed.
    Show creator, Charlie Foley, is asked what he thinks of the mythical creatures and if he thinks they actually do exist.
    Foley began by explaining why mermaids enrapture many humans: "I suppose the human psyche is fascinated by mermaids because they're an idealized version of ourselves. The idea of a humanoid creature that lives in the ocean and can breathe underwater. Mermaids belong to a world we know and a world from which we come, but which is now alien to us: That's the world of the oceans, and so we identify with them even as they occupy a place of mystery for us."
    [IMG]file:///Users/cjzishuk/Library/Caches/TemporaryItems/msoclip/0/clip_image002.png[/IMG]Foley said he believes humans are also enchanted with mermaids because they represent the evolutionary past -- where humans might have came from originally. "They are a reflection not only of our psyche but our evolutionary selves," he told the site, "a direction we might have gone, and a direction, if you believe the legends and our conjecture in the film, that one branch of our family tree may very well have gone."
    "The mythical creatures have been depicted in art and mythology for thousands of years, and Foley said he believes that is the case because they were actually seen by our ancestors. "The most frequent explanation is that of sun-strained sailors at sea too long who mistook manatees and dugongs for mermaids. But I think you'd have had to have had a lot of grog before you could mistake a manatee for a mermaid."
    Do you think Mermaids are real?

'Mermaids The Body Found-The Extended Cut' Debuts Tonight With New Videos And Evidence; But Do Mermaids Really Exist?[VIDEO] | KpopStarz
    Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

Nah. But it would be way cool if they did!
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    Nah. But it would be way cool if they did!
    They made them out to be creepy! Like part alien and part fish.

This one looks like that scary ass "baby" in American Horror Story: Season 1. This picture was "taken" on a cell phone.

Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

Hmmm. They don't look at all like Daryl Hannah. Man from Atlantis hands. Creature from the Black Lagoon?
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

great now I'll have to have the discussion with the mr again that Mermaids ain't fucking real
    Silly bitches, twitchy links are NOT for kids!-Mel

I saw this piece of crap (only a part while I was channel surfing) and I laughed my ass off thinking it was a silly parody of some sort--I mean, the "experts" seemed like horrible reality actors. Then to my dismay I began to think they were serious about this shit.

Stick to Puppy Bowl during Superbowl halftime, Animal Planet.
    Bluebonnet and MsChiff like this.

I will use this opportunity to brag that I know every word of every song on the Little Mermaid soundtrack. I like to sing it in the car sometimes.

Is this a euphemism?

Darling it's better
    Down where it's wetter
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

I love that song too, the whole soundtrack was good lol
    Silly bitches, twitchy links are NOT for kids!-Mel

I'm still waiting for them to find Nessie.

Clearly, the findings on this so-called documentary are hopelessly flawed:
    Bluebonnet and McJag like this.
    Good luck getting a cat to do anything let alone join in on your sexcapades. - Air Quotes

BITTER and sputnik like this.

fuck discovery and national geographic and animal planet and any other documentary/science channel that used to actually be educational and has now devolved into retarded bullshit pseudo-science and esoteric nonsense.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Listen, with man eating sharks and rapey dolphins inhabiting the ocean I really don't think we need to have something else to worry about every time we go for a dip.
    Trixie, sluce and darksithbunny like this.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

This is the way real mermaids look. Ann Blythe (from Hostess Cupcake and Mildred Pierce fame).

Mr. Peabody and the Mermaid with William Powell. A fave growing up.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information