Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Natalie Portman to play Lady Macbeth opposite Michael Fassbender

Default Natalie Portman to play Lady Macbeth opposite Michael Fassbender

Natalie Portman to play Lady Macbeth opposite Michael Fassbender in new film adaptation

Natalie Portman will play Lady Macbeth alongside Michael Fassbender in a new film adaptation of Shakespeare's play.
    Screen Daily reports that Portman has long wanted to play the part, having previously considered appearing in stage versions ofMacbeth.
    The role is not far from her Oscar-winning performance in Black Swan, in which she played self-destructive and controlling ballet dancer Nina Sayers.
    Portman is said to look forward to working with Fassbender again after the two recently finished filming Terrence Malick’s latest, yet-to-be-titled, film about the Texas music scene.
    The new version of Macbeth will be directed by Snowtown’s Justin Kurzel, and produced by The King’s Speech and Shame producers See Saw.
    Kurzel’s adaptation of Macbeth will be set in the 11th century in Shakespeare’s original language. The script is understood to be “a visceral approach to the story including significant battle scenes”.
    The adaptation is among a number of high-profile takes on the tragedy, including Roman Polanski’s 1971 version and Orson Welles’ in 1948. The play has recently been staged in London’s West End starring James McAvoy, who was nominated for an Olivier Award for his performance.
    Natalie Portman to play Lady Macbeth opposite Michael Fassbender in new film adaptation - News - Films - The Independent

"Tão estranho carregar uma vida inteira no corpo, e ninguém suspeitar dos traumas, das quedas, dos medos, dos choros."
    Caio Fernando Abreu

Bitches better have good accents. Also - the play was very misleading, MacBeth was actually a very good King of Scots.
    I smile because I have no idea what's going on

There's something cold and bitchy about Portman that will lend itself to the role.

My problem is that I'm always drawn to Lady Macbeth when I read the play and there isn't a lot of charisma to Natalie Portman, for me, although she's a wonderful actress. I'll be intrigued to see how it turns out.

I don't quite see her pulling this off to be honest, she seems a bit too aloof and reserved to me. This is a different brand of crazy than Black Swan, which was more innocent-girl-who-snapped. But maybe she'll surprise.

The BBC version with Sir Patrick Stewart was amazing, I highly recommend. I think you can watch it for free on the PBS website.

So this is Magneto trying to outdo Professor X's performance?
    Ain't nothing wrong with Ohio wang! - MontanaMama

Hit By Ban Bus!

i just hope fassbender gets naked for this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Quote Originally Posted by Rusalka View Post
    I don't quite see her pulling this off to be honest, she seems a bit too aloof and reserved to me. This is a different brand of crazy than Black Swan, which was more innocent-girl-who-snapped. But maybe she'll surprise.

The BBC version with Sir Patrick Stewart was amazing, I highly recommend. I think you can watch it for free on the PBS website.
    I'm going to look for the Patrick Stewart one, I didn't even know it existed. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    i just hope fassbender gets naked for this.
    He probably has it written into all of his contracts since he got such good reaction from "Shame".

By the way, I hope Portman portrays Lady Macbeth's sleepwalking scene the same way Francesca Annis did it.

Quote Originally Posted by Neptunia View Post
    I'm going to look for the Patrick Stewart one, I didn't even know it existed. Thanks!
    Here's a link. Is it ok to post this here?

Video: Macbeth | Watch Great Performances Online | PBS Video

Here's a link. Is it ok to post this here?

Video: Macbeth | Watch Great Performances Online | PBS Video
    Thanks! I'm watching it right now!

Hope you like it! The "Is This a Dagger" soliloquy is particularly chilling IMO.

Hope you like it! The "Is This a Dagger" soliloquy is particularly chilling IMO.
    I really enjoyed the whole production, it was different set in the Stalin era and even darker than most. Patrick Stewart was great (Capt. Picard, no!!) and so was Kate Fleetwood. It slipped under my radar, thanks for pointing it out to me!

Marion Cotillard Replaces Natalie Portman in 'Macbeth'

Marion Cotillard has officially replacedNatalie Portman in the upcoming cinematic adaptation of the famousWilliam Shakespeare play Macbeth,THR reports.
    The 37-year-old actress is set to play scheming Lady Macbeth, the same roleNatalie was rumored to be playingseveral months back.
    PHOTOS: Check out the latest pics ofMarion Cotillard
    Michael Fassbender is still currently attached to play the title role of Macbeth. Iain Canning and Emile Sherman are still attached to produce.
    Shooting is set to begin in January of 2014 in the UK.
    Marion Cotillard Replaces Natalie Portman in ‘Macbeth’ | Macbeth, Marion Cotillard, Natalie Portman : Just Jared

"Tão estranho carregar uma vida inteira no corpo, e ninguém suspeitar dos traumas, das quedas, dos medos, dos choros."
    Caio Fernando Abreu

Hmmm, I like the idea of Natalie as Lady MacBeth more. I love Marion, but I just don't see her in this role.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information