Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: House of Cards--Netflix

Default House of Cards--Netflix

Is anyone else watching this show on Netflix? I've been staying up all hours of the night to watch episode after episode. Kevin Spacey is so good in it, as is Robin Wright. I'm curious about what others think of it.
    Things fall apart. It's scientific.

Elite Member

I LOVED it. Zipped through it in a weekend. I thought Kevin Spacey and Robin Wright were terrific, but I was completely enthralled by Corey Stoll, who played the congressman from PA. What a great performance. Such a tragic character.
    thordis and louiswinthorpe111 like this.

I have gotten to the point where, yes, I agree with your assessment of Corey Stoll. He is an amazing actor.
    Things fall apart. It's scientific.

That series is the shit. I hooked all my friends on it too. Kevin Spacey is surprisingly delightful as a self-serving Congressional asshat.
    thordis likes this.
    Baby, by the time you have kids and they're in school, no one will care about you.

I think it's something I'd really, really like, but Kate Mara is putting me off. Is she in it a lot?
    Ain't nothing wrong with Ohio wang! - MontanaMama

She's in it for a good chunk, maybe a quarter of all scenes, moreso in the beginning. But she's a HELL of a lot less annoying than she was in American Horror Story, which made me want to kick her in the face repeatedly.

I LOVE this series, LOVE that all episodes were released simultaneously. Every episode reminds me of just how phenomenal an actor Kevin Spacey is. Robin Wright is good too, but her character is kind of unlikeable. Cold about the lay-offs right from the start. I like how they're an equal partnership though. I didn't like how they started changing her character and had her questioning her life decisions at the end though, it seemed...a little out of character for someone with that personality. Or maybe it's just an honest portrayal of a powerful woman going through a mid-life crisis. All I know is it made me not like her very much.

And ita, that storyline with the Pennsylvania senator was great, very compelling and well done. I almost felt sorry for the guy. After that, Frank is a cold-blooded murderer as far as I'm concerned. And yet I'm still rooting for him.
    thordis likes this.

Well, sounds like I better set aside a weekend for this!

Elite Member

I loved the original House of Cards, so I'm probably prejudiced. I tried to watch this new one and couldn't get hooked. I really hate Spacey's faux Southern accent and expressions, for one.

But everyone knows I'm a picky bitch.
    CHILLY FREE!
    i have to zero the contain to your level -bugdoll
    you can't even be ogirinal - Mary

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by levitt View Post
    I think it's something I'd really, really like, but Kate Mara is putting me off. Is she in it a lot?
    Yes she is, and yes, I found her annoying, but the rest of the cast makes up for her. It's a really good show.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by olivia View Post
    I loved the original House of Cards, so I'm probably prejudiced. I tried to watch this new one and couldn't get hooked. I really hate Spacey's faux Southern accent and expressions, for one.

The faux southern accent doesn't bother me since I kind of see it as a politician playing it up as an image thing. Maybe I'm just justifying since I heart Kevin Spacey so much.

The district he's supposed to represent is the next town over from me. That episode about the peachoid cracked me up. Yes, it really does look like a butt in real life.

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Quote Originally Posted by olivia View Post

Ah I was wondering if this was based on the old British series. Did you watch To Play The King as well?
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kittylady View Post
    Ah I was wondering if this was based on the old British series. Did you watch To Play The King as well?
    Oh yeah. Watched all the series with my mother or grandmother. Urquhart's wife was deemed the coldest pol wife ever. Ian Richardson was deliciously reptilian.
    Kittylady likes this.
    CHILLY FREE!
    i have to zero the contain to your level -bugdoll
    you can't even be ogirinal - Mary

Elite Member

Just finished watching all 13 episodes in the course of about a week. Definitely can't wait until Season 2. Kevin Spacey is deliciously evil. I can't believe he murdered Russo. I guess it was a tie back to the dog in the opening scene of episode 1. He was putting him out of his misery. How absolutely conniving to pretend to back Russo and then set him up to fail to create an opening for the VP. That is sort of a weak plot point, I don't think someone who made VP would ever quit to go back to being governor.

It's back! Season 2. I've watched the first two eps and the first one is a shocker...I literally gasped.

A*O

I enjoyed the original UK version on which this one is based. So I know roughly how the story unfolds but the shocker still came as a shock!
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information