Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By aabbcc
  • 1 Post By faithanne

Thread: All My Children & One Life to Live are back?

Default All My Children & One Life to Live are back?

I just saw an article about how many of the actors are coming back. I haven't watched the shows in years but was surprised they will be back on Hulu. Wonder how they are paying the salaries, etc.

David Canary, Cady McClain, Eden Riegel Returning To All My Children - Yahoo! News

David Canary, Cady McClain, Eden Riegel Returning To All My Children
    Access Hollywood 5 hrs ago.. .

A host of new cast members have been announced for the online returns of soaps "One Life to Live" and "All My Children."

On Wednesday, The Online Network, which is rebooting the soaps, confirmed that some very famous faces are coming back to "AMC."

Eden Riegel is returning as Bianca Montgomery and Cady McClain will once again play Dixie Cooney.

Ray MacDonnell is also coming back as Dr. Joe Martin and the legendary David Canary will once again play Adam Chandler.

TON also revealed that "All My Children" has cast Sal Stowers (formerly of "America's Next Top Model") as Cassandra Foster, Eric Nelson as AJ Chandler, Denyse Tontz (from "Big Time Rush" and "Dog with a Blog") as Miranda Montgomery, Jordan Lane Price as Celia Fitzgerald, Ryan Bittle (who previously played Logan on "AMC") as JR Chandler, Heather Roop as Jane McIntyre, and Francesca James as Evelyn Johnson

Over on "One Life To Live," actor Robert Gorrie (formerly of "As the World Turns") will now play the role of Bo and Nora's son, Matthew Buchanan.

Additionally, Laura Harrier, has been cast as Destiny Evans. Previously, Eddie Alderson played Matthew, while Shenell Edmonds played Destiny.

Both soaps will return again this spring via Hulu, Hulu Plus and iTunes.

The casting announcements were made as TON revealed the actors were coming together for their first photo shoots since it was announced that the soaps would be revived.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Interesting! I remember when I was really young, my mom used to like to watch a soap opera called "Days of Our Lives". I have always thought it would be kind of fun to find a soap and watch it, but I can't get into shows if I haven't watched from the very beginning. I feel like I'd be overwhelmed starting a soap with all of the characters/storylines/plot twists that have taken place over the past 15 years or so. I might try one of these, though. If they're starting over, even with old characters, maybe it will be easier to follow.

Meh. Of course, they put it on the Internet, but it's only available to people in the States. They can go fuck themselves. I hope it bombs.

Yes, I'm bitter about that.
    sluce likes this.

FX Canada Brings New Episodes of All My Children and One Life to Live Back to Television in Exclusive Canadian Broadcast, Beginning April 29

TORONTO, April 15, 2013 /CNW/ - FX Canada pumps up the drama, the passion, and the scandal with the exclusive Canadian broadcast of brand-new, 30-minute episodes of beloved serial dramas, All My Children and One Life to Live. Breathing new life into the popular series with an edgier and sexier spin, both programs reignite the classic franchises with modern themes, fresh new faces, and the return of fan-favourite characters. The long-running serial dramas premiere Monday, April 29, airing weekdays starting with All My Children at noon ET/2 p.m. PT, followed by One Life to Live at 12:30 p.m. ET/2:30 p.m. PT, exclusively on FX Canada. (check local listings.)

FX Canada is the only television network in North America to offer the new, re-imagined All My Children and One Life to Live series to subscribers. Produced by Prospect Park's The Online Network (TOLN) All My Children and One Life to Live will be available in the United States through online stream via Watch TV. Watch Movies. | Online | Free | Hulu, to subscribers through Hulu Plus, and for purchase on iTunes.

FX Canada is the exclusive broadcaster of critically acclaimed and envelope-pushing hit series such as American Horror Story, Louie, Wilfred, and The Americans.

"All My Children and One Life to Live are a unique addition to FX Canada's slate of provocative and critically-acclaimed dramas," said Scott Moore, President of Broadcast, Rogers Media. "As the only television channel in North America broadcasting these new series, FX Canada continues its commitment to deliver exclusive, premium content to its viewers."

"Our partnership with Rogers answers an overwhelming demand from viewers in Canada to access our transformed All My Children and One Life to Live programming, and incrementally furthers our footprint across all of North America. We have the fans to thank for forging this partnership, and bringing their shows to Canada," said Prospect Park's Rich Frank. "We are grateful to the team at Rogers Media including Keith Pelley, President, Scott Moore, and Malcolm Dunlop, Executive Vice-President of Programming and Operations for sharing our vision and empowering our network to reach this very significant audience."

Once more set in the fictional East Coast suburb of Pine Valley (All My Children) and fictional town of Llanview, Pennsylvania (One Life to Live), new faces join Emmy-winning actors and writers who made these series must-watch viewing for legions of loyal fans.

All My Children cast members include:

Julia Barr as Brooke English
    Ryan Bittle as JR Chandler
    David Canary as Adam Chandler
    Lindsay Hartley as Cara Martin
    Vincent Irizarry as Dr. David Hayward
    Francesca James as Evelyn Johnson
    Thorsten Kaye as Zach Slater
    Jordan Lane Price as Celia Fitzgerald
    Jill Larson as Opal Cortlandt
    Ray MacDonnell as Dr. Joe Martin
    Cady McClain as Dixie Cooney
    Debbi Morgan as Dr. Angela Hubbard
    Eric Nelson as AJ Chandler
    Eden Riegel as Bianca Montgomery
    Heather Roop as Jane McIntyre
    Sal Stowers as Cassandra Foster
    Denyse Tontz as Miranda Montgomery
    Jordi Vilasuso as Griffin Castillo
    Darnell Williams as Jesse Hubbard
    Robert (Rob) Scott Wilson as Pete "Petey" Cortlandt

One Life to Live cast members include:

Melissa Archer as Natalie Buchanan Banks
    Kassie DePaiva as Blair Cramer
    Robert Gorrie as Matthew Buchanan
    Laura Harrier as Destiny Evans
    Roger Howarth as Todd Manning
    Josh Kelly as Cutter Wentworth
    Florencia Lozano as Tea Delgado
    Kelley Missal as Danielle Manning
    Erika Slezak as Victoria Lord Buchanan
    Hillary B. Smith as Nora Buchanan
    Robin Strasser as Dorian Lord
    Andrew Trischitta as Jack Manning
    Jerry verDorn as Clint Buchanan
    Tuc Watkins as David Vickers
    Robert S. Woods as Bo Buchanan
    Shenaz Treasury as Rama Patel

Recurring stars on One Life to Live include:

Nick Choksi as Vimal Patel
    Sean Ringgold as Shaun Evans

Additional guest stars and recurring cast will be announced in the weeks ahead.

FX Canada Brings New Episodes of All My Children and One Life to Live Back to Television in Exclusive Canadian Broadcast, Beginning April 29 - Yahoo! Finance Canada

I had to deal with the devastation caused by the news that Oz TV is dropping Days of Our Lives after 45 years - that wailing sound you hear is a gazillion senior citizens/uni students mourning the loss. One of my colleagues was so scared her mother would find out on the news before she could break it to her that she kept calling to check she hadn't had a heart attack.
    Bluebonnet likes this.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

LOL @faithanne...I am just glad my mother was already dead when they dropped her favorite soaps, All My Children and As the World Turns. If she'd been alive--well, she wouldn't have been for long.

I do know that Roger Howarth will only be at OLTL for a month or so. He'll be heading back to General Hospital after that, from what I've read it will be as Todd Manning. I think GH had to buy the character from the company that bought AMC and OLTL.
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

OLTL New Episodes Preview
    Quote Originally Posted by Kat Scorp View Post
    My fellow 1982 Scorpion! Never occurred to me that penises go into ears until your twitpics
    @NickoMoralesXXX
    @Sexy_Seth_1982 awe sexy! You're just too cute to be true- I can't take my eyes off of you-

Quote Originally Posted by Kat Scorp View Post
    My fellow 1982 Scorpion! Never occurred to me that penises go into ears until your twitpics
    @NickoMoralesXXX
    @Sexy_Seth_1982 awe sexy! You're just too cute to be true- I can't take my eyes off of you-

If Days gets cancelled I will die I tell ya. Sorry they dropped it in Oz. Chloe is causing all sorts of awesome drama.
    One Life To Live was my first soap in like 1979. I'm glad they are doing this. Hope it works out.

"A massive penis means never having to say you're sorry". Mo

Thread Information