Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: ABC-The Bachelor 2013 - Sean Lowe's season

Default ABC-The Bachelor 2013 - Sean Lowe's season

Anyone else watching the show this time around? I have watched all of the shows so far this season, and I do like Sean. He seems genuinely like a really nice and caring guy. And I don't get the fake vibe with him, either. Plus, he is a very nice looking guy. But, he HAS to has some fault or something wrong with him, though. You wouldn't think this guy would have any troubles finding dates or a wife, let alone having to go on a tv show to find his mate.

Anyone else have any thoughts? I am really getting sucked into the show this year. I think I am just watching to find his dang flaw, or flaws. And to make sure that bitch Tiarra ends up going home. lol
    card likes this.

Yep, I've been watching since the beginning as well, glad someone else is! I don't get any fake vibes from him either. He really seems like a genuine guy. All I can think of, as to why he went on the show, is the money they get. Isn't is 6-figures if you are chosen as The Bachelor/Bachelorette? Maybe he went on Emily's season just for the heck of it, for travel or whatever, and next thing you know, it snowballs into something different. The only fault I see of Sean's is he is a little gullible with these manipulative women.

I friggin HATE Tierra! She is so immature. She reminds me a lot of Courtney from Ben's season. She keeps talking about "winning" and how she has her "eyes on the prize".

This is the first season I've ever watched - I just happened to catch it one night for whatever reason and now I can't stop watching this trainwreck. The Bachelor himself doesn't do anything for me and if these women are pre-screened for him as his type, then that tells me a lot about him, because most of them are bitches. I sincerely hope whoever chose to put a woman with 1.5 arms in a roller derby when she was obviously having balance problems gets hell to pay. I mean comethefuckon. I'm sure Tierra will stay until the bitter end since she's such an asshole. Hell, he'll probably end up choosing her and proposing to her hateful ass.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

Quote Originally Posted by Laurent View Post
    I sincerely hope whoever chose to put a woman with 1.5 arms in a roller derby when she was obviously having balance problems gets hell to pay. I mean comethefuckon.
    Oh yeah!! I totally forgot about that! What the FUCK was THAT about?!?!? I felt so bad for her, she was genuinely scared, and with good reason. How the hell is she supposed to balance, or catch her fall, with 1.5 arms? REALLY bad Production decision, including her in that. Hell, the whole roller derby idea was bad. Usually when they have any kind of stunts, there are usually plenty of harnesses in place, and whatnot, so if you fall, you shouldn't get hurt. With this activity, there was a very high risk of injury. The one girl smacked her chin really bad, and that was just during warm-up. Imagine these bitches pushing each other on rollerskates, going at a high rate of speed, all to "win" more time with Sean. Actually it might've been fun to see the bitchy ones we don't like, duking it out in the rink.

Yea,...the roller derby challenge was stupid. But I am glad that gal got out there and did it. She looked and did better attempting it then several of the gals out there without a challenge.

I think Sean may be slightly naive about the drama and bs with Tierra,....but I still think he knows she is causing some of the problems. I want to see if his head wins out the war with his dick, and he gets rid of Tiarra. She is cute and all,...but I am hoping he realizes deep down that she isn't the type of girl he wants in his life, long term.

I have been watching. It's frustrating to see him getting played like a violin by Tierra. From the previews, it looks she gets in another fight and pulls another "medical emergency" stunt in the next episode to get attention. Hopefully something clicks with Sean and he realizes that something is not quite right with this chick.

I think that Desiree is my favorite right now. I honestly don't see sparks between Sean and most of the girls. The only ones I really see sparks with are Desiree and Catherine. I can see that he's into Tierra, but I think she's more into the game than she is to him. Same for Selma. She seems sweet, but I don't know if she's there for the "Right Reasons" and she doesn't seem as genuinely into him as some of the other girls. Sarah seems really into him, but I don't think he's feeling it as much as she is. I also didn't really see a lot of chemistry with AshLee. Lindsay seems more like a friend than girlfriend material.

You've got their names down better than I do. It will take me another show or so to know them all by name. I will pay more attention next week so I can comment on your take, southernbelle. lol But I do agree that I am not seeing a ton of chemistry on his part yet, with any of the girls.

Do you think he is really that nice and genuine of a guy??? He comes off so well compared to past Bachelors,...to good to be true. Hell,...he should be long married by now.

What did you guys think of tonight's episode? I'm still not seeing what it is about Lindsay that impresses him. Anyone else think she seems like an idiot? Every other word out of her mouth is like, and her conversations with him basically consist of him talking and then Lindsay responding with, "Yeaaahh, I like totally agree. Like, I feel like I know you like so well, like you're like my best friend." I also don't think she's anything to write home about looks-wise, especially compared to most of the other girls there. Whatever it is about her that amazes Sean so much, I don't see it.

Elite Member

I think Lindsay is sweet and uncomplicated. Some guys like that. That's all I can figure out. I think she's really cute, not beautiful, but she seems like a sweet person.

A few things -- whenever the guys who have been vying for the bachelorette become the bachelor, they say they understand what the women are going through. No they don't. They are guys. They process the whole experience completely differently. There are somethings they will understand, but I don't think they can really relate to the experience on the same emotional level.

Also, has no one ever watched the show before? Do the bachelors not know that if there is one woman who 1) no one else gets along with 2) plays the victim and simply cannot understand why the other women don't get along with her (or simply ascribe it to jealously), and 3) says she hates drama is indeed behaving horribly around the other women and might not like drama but is the center of all of it? I would think that since we've seen this a few times the bachelor might have a clue. Last night he actually said that no one told him anything concrete. Um, yes they did. He just refuses to listen to it.

I don't know why he is keeping Tierra around. Ugh. I would so love to be a fly on the wall when he sees the show and see how he is being played.

I do think there is more going on with some of the other women than we've seen -- like Catherine. They seem really close and we haven't seen much of them together. Last night one of the other women didn't even want to interrupt their alone time.

I can't wait to see Tierra overplaying her hypothermia tonight. No doubt she got very cold, but you know she's going to milk this!
    card likes this.

I agree it is annoying how Sean refuses to listen to the other girls' warnings about Tierra. He complains that they don't give him any concrete information and that he needs to know about these things, but then when they do complain about Tierra (or anyone else), he either blows them off or scolds them for getting involved in drama. I'm surprised that no one has called him out on it.

I also thought that he did a couple of things in last night's episode that were very disrespectful.

1. Inviting the blue team to the party and then giving one of them the date rose. The red team won fair and square, and they should have gotten that time with him. If he didn't want to lose time with anyone (or more specifically, with certain favorites who happen to be on the blue team), he shouldn't have made them go through the contest with the understanding that the winners would get that time with him and that one of the 4 of them would get the group date rose. Completely unfair and a total slap in the face to the red team girls. If I were on the red team, I think I would have left at that point. Inviting the blue team sends a pretty strong message that he has a favorite, and it's not one of the red team girls. The girl he wants to spend time with, clearly, is on the blue team. She wasn't there, so he bent the rules to get her there. If he doesn't value or care about the red team girls enough to give them the time that they won, there's no reason for them to stay.

2. Indulging and reassuring Tierra when she showed up uninvited to the group date. What a slap in the face to Jackie. The appropriate response would have been, "What are you doing here??? You need to leave." She'll have her time with him on the 2-on-1, just like Jackie. Giving her that extra time, indulging her 'poor me, this is not fair to me,' bullshit, and basically reassuring her that she had nothing to worry about was completely inappropriate. It also tells me that he knew from the beginning that Jackie was going home - he had no intention of cutting Tierra. Even so, he shouldn't have allowed her that extra time and special attention and rewarded her for breaking the rules.

I also wish he'd stop giving the group date roses to the girls who cry and threaten to leave instead of to the girls who make the best impression during that date. I think he likes to play the 'hero,' though, so indulging the tantrums and making it all better is a turn on to him. He talks about wanting a laid back girl who's not involved in drama, but he sure does like to reward the ones who cling to him like Saran Wrap, need constant praise and reassurance, and can't handle him showing anyone else attention.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by southernbelle View Post
    I agree it is annoying how Sean refuses to listen to the other girls' warnings about Tierra. He complains that they don't give him any concrete information and that he needs to know about these things, but then when they do complain about Tierra (or anyone else), he either blows them off or scolds them for getting involved in drama. I'm surprised that no one has called him out on it.

I also thought that he did a couple of things in last night's episode that were very disrespectful.

1. Inviting the blue team to the party and then giving one of them the date rose. The red team won fair and square, and they should have gotten that time with him. If he didn't want to lose time with anyone (or more specifically, with certain favorites who happen to be on the blue team), he shouldn't have made them go through the contest with the understanding that the winners would get that time with him and that one of the 4 of them would get the group date rose. Completely unfair and a total slap in the face to the red team girls. If I were on the red team, I think I would have left at that point. Inviting the blue team sends a pretty strong message that he has a favorite, and it's not one of the red team girls. The girl he wants to spend time with, clearly, is on the blue team. She wasn't there, so he bent the rules to get her there. If he doesn't value or care about the red team girls enough to give them the time that they won, there's no reason for them to stay.

2. Indulging and reassuring Tierra when she showed up uninvited to the group date. What a slap in the face to Jackie. The appropriate response would have been, "What are you doing here??? You need to leave." She'll have her time with him on the 2-on-1, just like Jackie. Giving her that extra time, indulging her 'poor me, this is not fair to me,' bullshit, and basically reassuring her that she had nothing to worry about was completely inappropriate. It also tells me that he knew from the beginning that Jackie was going home - he had no intention of cutting Tierra. Even so, he shouldn't have allowed her that extra time and special attention and rewarded her for breaking the rules.

I also wish he'd stop giving the group date roses to the girls who cry and threaten to leave instead of to the girls who make the best impression during that date. I think he likes to play the 'hero,' though, so indulging the tantrums and making it all better is a turn on to him. He talks about wanting a laid back girl who's not involved in drama, but he sure does like to reward the ones who cling to him like Saran Wrap, need constant praise and reassurance, and can't handle him showing anyone else attention.
    ITA to your entire post. Who was on the blue team that he wanted to see? Catherine? Ashlee? Hmmm.

I was thinking Sean was a nice guy and pretty smart, but I guess he isn't very smart. You would think he would have watched other seasons of the show to know that he'd BEST take the girl's warnings. Tierra is a stupid bitch. And Sean got all mushy over her stand by your man story of her over dosing boyfriend.
    southernbelle likes this.

Elite Member

One thing that is curious this season is how many sob stories there are -- not the usual dead parent ones, but overdosing boyfriends, tree falling and killing friend, living in a tent, father sent away to war, missing half an arm. I feel like they are going out of their way to cast women with backstories this time.

When Des was talking about living in a tent, I kept thinking about the GIANT playhouse that Sean's parents have for their grandkids (I think it was air conditioned). Des' family could have lived in it, it was so nice. When Sean was agreeing with her about how it helped shape who she is, I kept thinking that he doesn't have a clue -- he was one of the guys in the million dollar house while she was being dropped off in the trailer park.
    southernbelle likes this.

I thought I noticed him visibly taken aback when she said they were so poor they lived in a tent/trailer park. Like, almost laughing. I don't know if Sean's like this, but his sister definitely seems like the pretentious "I have money and I want you to know it" type, just based on her blog. I agree he didn't have a clue what it was like being in Desiree's situation or what an impact that had.

I didn't get to see Tuesday nights show,...so I am going to try and watch it today. I missed the new sob stories and Tiarra's dip in the ocean. My friend at work thinks it will come down to Tiarra and Des for the last standing women.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information