Like Tree7Likes
  • 3 Post By Laurent
  • 1 Post By Laxmobster
  • 1 Post By Waterslide
  • 2 Post By Laurent

Thread: "Don't Trust the B...in Apartment 23" is cancelled?

Default "Don't Trust the B...in Apartment 23" is cancelled?

Taking a much needed break from packing boxes.

One of the few network sitcoms I can stand these days, and they cancel it?

January 26, 2013

This is the print preview: Back to normal view » 'Apartment 23' Canceled? 'Don't Trust The B' Pulled From Schedule

Posted: 01/22/2013 4:40 pm EST | Updated: 01/22/2013 5:20 pm EST

Has "Don't Trust The B**** In Apartment 23" been canceled?
    ABC is pulling the show from its schedule, according to The Hollywood Reporter, and star James Van Der Beek says the show is basically dead.
    "Sad to say ABC has pulled #Apt23 and will not be airing the 8 remaining episodes any time soon. Translation: we've basically been cancelled," he tweeted. "Thanks to all who tuned in. We had a blast making it. Can't imagine a more fun work environment with better people. But onto the next..." Van Der Beek added, "While I'm sure no one [at ABC] would say they think they nailed it when it came to programming #Apt23 this year ... You've got to give ABC props for ever picking us up in the first place. They took a shot at something original & edgy. I respect them for it."
    Van Der Beek's "Don't Trust The B" co-stars Krysten Ritter and Dreama Walker also tweeted that "Apartment 23" has been canceled:
    "Apartment 23" has been on the cancellation bubble for months and ABC has been shuffling around the low-rated comedy. "Happy Endings" and "Don't Trust The B" were bumped from ABC's Sunday night schedule last week. ABC claimed the network was trying to give "Happy Endings" and "Apartment 23" -- two well-liked but modestly-rated half-hour comedies -- an opportunity to attract a wider audience. Both sitcoms were left with extra episodes to "burn off" when they were left off ABC's midseason schedule as of March, so ABC tried airing new episodes on Sundays and Tuesdays.
    "We love those two shows," Paul Lee, ABC's entertainment president, said of "Apartment 23" and "Happy Endings" at the Television Critics Association Winter Press Tour just last week. "They are incredibly distinctive, they're incredibly well-written ... [but] we didn't have much place to put them ... We're proudly behind them on Tuesdays ... It wasn't just the competition, we had an incredibly disrupted launch schedule [as a result of the elections and Hurricane Sandy] ... 'Happy Endings' is ready [to stand on its own] and we're going to do that as we go ... These are shows that we love."
    Both Ritter, Walker and Van Der Beek posted links to a Facebook group that "Don't Trust The B" fans can join to air their "Apartment 23" cancellation grievances, as well as Buzzfeed's post on why ABC should save the show.
    There's only one thing left to do:

A representative for ABC did not yet know when the remaining episodes of "Apartment 23" might air.
    Loading Slideshow

Good luck getting a cat to do anything let alone join in on your sexcapades. - Air Quotes

I really like this show! Sad it is being cancelled.

I heard the brunette (the bitch) is going to play the female role in the 50 shades of grey movie.

I never saw the show, but I was surprised to see it was cancelled, I thought it was pretty well liked. Krysten Ritter would have been better off on her show for awhile, rather than starring in that 50 Shades garbage.
    You know, a dozen press agents working overtime can do terrible things to the human spirit. ~Cecil B. DeMille
    Gross, put it away. You could dress beautifully but you gotta be Miss Granny Panty Whore.
    ~Manx Mouse

Life is a hell of a thing to happen to a person.

I feel sorry for the actress that hitches her wagon to the 50 Shades stuff.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

Of course another show of mine is cancelled. Sucks!
    BITTER likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestial View Post
    I also choose to believe the rumors because I am, when it is all said and done, a dirty gossip.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurent View Post
    I feel sorry for the actress that hitches her wagon to the 50 Shades stuff.
    I know, any job, maybe even a reality show, would be better than being a part of that mess. I could be wrong, but I think that movie will be career suicide, especially for a female in showbiz. It's a gross double standard, but it seems easier for men to distance themselves from those kinds of movies than it is for women.

As for the show, I didn't watch it, but it seems really shitty to cancel something after 8 episodes. I thought people were just starting to talk about it. Sometimes it takes people more than a few episodes to decide they want to watch it. Nothing wrong with that, because that's when you find out if you have an audience. I just don't understand what these network execs think. It makes no sense.
    Laurent likes this.
    You know, a dozen press agents working overtime can do terrible things to the human spirit. ~Cecil B. DeMille
    Gross, put it away. You could dress beautifully but you gotta be Miss Granny Panty Whore.
    ~Manx Mouse

Life is a hell of a thing to happen to a person.

I watched it maybe two times. I didn't care for it, personally. But it wasn't any worse than a lot of shows they keep on the air.

So they are making a movie out of the 50 Shades of Grey books? I must be the only one out there that hasn't read these books.

Quote Originally Posted by JadeStar70 View Post
    So they are making a movie out of the 50 Shades of Grey books? I must be the only one out there that hasn't read these books.
    I haven't read them, either. I have a real issue with controling bastard assholes and avoid them like the plague, so there's not much about it that appeals to me. I also agree with Waterslide that whatever actress plays the lead in that movie will be shooting herself in the career. I mean maybe a newcomer could get away with it, but an established actress? I keep reading shit that one of my favorites, Emma Watson, is a frontrunner and the very idea makes me want to barf. Hopefully, she has better sense than that.
    Waterslide and BITTER like this.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

Quote Originally Posted by JadeStar70 View Post
    I watched it maybe two times. I didn't care for it, personally. But it wasn't any worse than a lot of shows they keep on the air.

No, you're not. I haven't read them either.

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!

I read the hilarious reviews of the books, they're absolute trash.
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

I just found the show to be so OTT and enjoyable. I like Krysten and the entire cast. Even Helen Hunt's son James Van Der Beek.
    Maybe a cable network will pick it up. It's too out there for network TV.
    Good luck getting a cat to do anything let alone join in on your sexcapades. - Air Quotes

Thread Information