Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: The Following on Fox

Default The Following on Fox

Anyone else watch the premiere last night? Any thoughts? It was quite gory for a network show, but I liked it.

FOX Broadcasting Company - Programming

I watched a few minutes of it last night. But, I wish it was on another night. I like Kevin and hope it does well for him. Somehow though,..I have been sucked into Sean the Bachelor this season on Monday nights. The guy is to good to be true,.....so I keep watching and trying to find his flaws....

Elite Member

I watched. I really want to love Kevin and James Purefoy (yum!) The problem is, neither has engaged in this episode. It felt like the writers tried to throw in every serial killer stereotype with too many whiplash angles, instead of making me want to view these characters week after week.

Can't understand why they limited the literary perspective to Poe. There's tons of artistic death in the Romantic Period. Poe's potential is going to run out pretty quick, and no great literary mind is going to fixate on him for long (so Purefoy wasn't that believable, to me.)
    CHILLY FREE!
    i have to zero the contain to your level -bugdoll
    you can't even be ogirinal - Mary

Largely cringe inducing.
    Trixie and holly like this.
    "If you are not outraged, then you are not paying attention," Heather Heyer's facebook quote.

i dvr'd it, only for Kevin Bacon.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Quote Originally Posted by olivia View Post
    I watched. I really want to love Kevin and James Purefoy (yum!) The problem is, neither has engaged in this episode. It felt like the writers tried to throw in every serial killer stereotype with too many whiplash angles, instead of making me want to view these characters week after week.

Can't understand why they limited the literary perspective to Poe. There's tons of artistic death in the Romantic Period. Poe's potential is going to run out pretty quick, and no great literary mind is going to fixate on him for long (so Purefoy wasn't that believable, to me.)
    This, this, this! All of it. Agree, and so did the friend who watched with me. Kevin Bacon was fine as he always is, but yeah. They will really have to step this up if they want to stick around.
    Did you know that every time a parent gives in to their kid's whines and buys them candy at the checkout lane, a kitten gets diabetes?-Dlisted
    I dislike groups of people, but I love individuals. Every person you look at, you can see the universe in their eyes, if you're really looking.
    -George Carlin

I just watched the first 2 episodes last night and thought it was pretty good. Damn, it's not Shakepspeare, but compared to the rest of network TV it's way better. I'd rather watch this than another millionth episode of CSI or the Biggest Loser.
    thordis likes this.
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

I wanted to like it too, but so far, it's just predictable and cliched. I don't know how they're gonna stretch it out to 14 episodes.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

The second episode wasn't quite as bad as the first.
    "If you are not outraged, then you are not paying attention," Heather Heyer's facebook quote.

In Benedict Cumberbatch's Velvet Tuxedo, USA

I mainly started watching it cuz of James (and still is the main reason), but I ended up loving everything about it!
    “You never know what's around the corner. It could be everything. Or it could be nothing. You keep putting one foot in front of the other, and then one day you look back and you've climbed a mountain.” - Tom Hiddleston

I watched the third episode last night after my Fil caught me up on the first 2 episodes and I liked it. I will continue to watch it.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

I'm really enjoying it so far! I'd watch pretty much any old shite for James Purefoy or Kevin Bacon, so it's great.
    I smile because I have no idea what's going on

I don't like it!
    holly likes this.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

I am in love with the kid who plays Paul. Talk about a hottie.

Saw the premiere last night. A bit too gory for me andI didn't find it that believable.Might still give it a chance, though. Kevin Bacon is fine and Purefoy makes a good villain.
    What if Superman is psychotic and everyone can see that he's Clark Kent but they just play along not to set him off?

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information