Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By southernbelle

Thread: Movie - Safe Haven - by Nicholas Sparks

Default Movie - Safe Haven - by Nicholas Sparks

I have enjoyed Nicholas Sparks books over the years, and several of them as movies. But, I am not sure about this new one with Julieanne Hough as the lead. I haven't cared for her, or her work, in anything she has done so far, and she isn't the most likable character actor. I am anxious to watch Josh Duhamel in another love story. I have liked him since his early days as Leo, on AMC. He is such a cutie and has a sweetness about him.

Anyone else think this will be any good, or a big flub?

I agree about Julianne Hough. Can't stand her as a person or an "actress". I use that term lightly, because I don't think she's really an actress. She's someone who wants to be famous and, despite her lack of acting talent, persuades people to cast her in movies so that she can get the attention she craves. She started out on DWTS, but she wanted to be a star and not a dancer, so she decided to get into singing. Singing was kind of a bust and when her career didn't take off like she thought it would, she jumped over to acting instead and starting namedropping her costars like crazy and showing up at the opening of an envelope. She doesn't have the talent to get the kind of hype that she does, and I think she was seriously miscast in this movie. She cares about being famous, not about acting, and that shows in her work.

Unfortunately, she's not the box office draw that she seems to think she is or that she gets touted as, and I worry that this will bomb like the other movies she's headlined.
    Bluebonnet and JadeStar70 like this.

I saw the promo on tv and was kind of surprised to see her cast in the female lead; haven't seen her other movies (Footloose remake and Rock of Ages) but I assumed she got those parts due to her dance experience. Did Seacrest produce this one or something? I agree she's bounced around career-wise, the country music thing didn't pan out so now she's an actress? If this movie tanks, I think she might want to limber up and get back to dancing.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Not sure about Seacrest producing it or not. But, I definitely think he is using his connections to get the ditz some sort of career. Enough is enough, Ryan. You already released the kraken and family on us.

Thread Information