Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Top Chef: Seattle

*8*
    Silver Member

Default Top Chef: Seattle

Premiered Wednesday, November 7.

First episode had the contestents split into groups.
    One group went to new judge Wolfgang Puck. He had them make an Omelet. Most of them looked overcooked. He dismissed one guy.
    One group went to Emeril. He had them make soup. He dismissed two women.
    Next group went to Hugh. He had them make a salad. He dismissed, I think one woman, who was obnoxious.
    The last group wen to Tom. He had them work in the kitchen doing different tasks. His test looked the hardest. He dismissed two, maybe three.

Surprise twist..3 former contestants are back in the mix.
    1. Chris "C.J." Jacobsen
    2. Josie Smith-Malave
    and 3. Stefan Richter.

The first one eliminated was Jeffery Jew.

Second one eliminated was Kuniko Yagi.

Next week, two chef contestents will be eliminated.
    Last edited by *8*; November 23rd, 2012 at 09:46 AM.

Wednesday's show is why I added a lot more butter to my mashed potatoes on Thanksgiving. They were awesome!

Josie should have been stripped of her immunity for the raw turkey.

There are still too many contestants for me to have a fave but the Italian lady needs to be gagged.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by KristiB View Post
    Wednesday's show is why I added a lot more butter to my mashed potatoes on Thanksgiving. They were awesome!

Josie should have been stripped of her immunity for the raw turkey.

There are still too many contestants for me to have a fave but the Italian lady needs to be gagged.
    Those potatoes looked soooo delicious. Yum! ITA about Josie and Carla. Seriously, who can't cook a turkey? Not that hard. Home cooks do it all the time. Yes, they can be dry and under-seasoned, but if you have half a brain, a few basic ingredients and a meat thermometer, you can make a delicious turkey. I always get a kick out of chefs who can't seem to get the fundamentals right. Turkey cooked medium? Sure, if you'd like a little food poisoning with your meal. What an idiot.

I wish Carla had made something horrible so we wouldn't be subjected to her screeching anymore -- although she did have a point regarding being called "sweetie" "honey" and "babe" in the kitchen.

I love Stefan so much so I'm thrilled he is on. It is too early for me to care about any one else honestly.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

*8*
    Silver Member

50's food. The chefs recreate a 1950's menu.
    John won ammunity in the quickfire where they had to cut off meat (from a side of beef?) and cook it
    Kristen won for her mushrooms and onion rings.
    Double elimination.
    Chrissy was sent home for her salad. Tom said she used parts that should have been thrown away and she also used way too much salad dressing.
    Carla was sent home for her poorly cooked squab. Which did not surprise me because her dish kept getting sent back.

Next week, an entire team is sent home.

*8*
    Silver Member

Quickfire at Pike's place.
    Everyone works in teams of two to make breakfast on a stick. Alot of interesting pairings.
    Bart and Sheldon win and get immunity.
    For the elimination challenge, they keep the same partner and are assigned a rare ingredient and have to incorperate it into a dish.
    No one wins. The judges hated their dishes. TC even took the 10,000 prize off the table.
    The three bottom pairings are; C.J. and Taylor. John and Josh and Brooke and Stefan.
    C.J. and Tyler were sent packing for their burger and a pickle.

I'm just glad Stefan made it through.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

*8*
    Silver Member

The chefs find out they all have to share 1 knife during the quickfire. They have to make a sweet and savory dish based on their family lineage. Brooke wins and has immunity.
    Guests Ana Faris and Chris Pratt come out. The chefs will be making food for their party. Brooke wins again and as a prize gets a car. Eliza is eliminated.

The next episode. Quickfire. The pantry ingredients are covered in tinfoil. Any item they open, they have to use in their dish. Kristen wins with her spongecake. She has immunity.
    They go to a berry farm. Work in teams of two, but they are competing against their teammate. Interesting teams, interesting episode. Again, Kristen wins and gets 10,000. Dannyle is out. At the end, in the room they wait in Josie goes off on Stefan. The preview for the next episode, it looks like she's going off on him again. Not sure why she's so arguementative.

Even though I love Stefan this shit is barely holding my attention this time.

fgg

i like the girl who keeps winning, the guy from hawaii, brooke and stefan. the rest of them can go.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Elite Member

^^ Kristen -- yes, she rocks. Brooke is wonderful as well. I like Lizzie too, but she's been so inconsistent. My daughter and I call Sheldon "Smee" because with his red hat he reminds us of Hook's shipmate.

Josie needs to go now. She is a nightmare.

*8*
    Silver Member

Jalapeno business. Quickfire, they have to collect their own oysters and then make a dish for Emeril. 5 will make a cold dish, 5 will make a hot dish. Micah, who says he is a HUGE Emeril fan, wins. The elimination challenge is to make a dish for each of the girls from a roller derby team, that goes with their roller derby name. John and Brooke win, Bart is eliminated.

Past suppers. Quickfire is really interesting! First they have to sharpen a really dull knife to the point that it will easily cut through a piece of paper. Then they have to cut a bunch of potatoes tourne style. 7 sides, similar to a football. Next, those who have not been eliminated have to cut up (properly) a rabbit. Micah wins.
    The elimination challenge is they will have to recreate a dish that a past contestent has made, but make it healthier. Kristen wins re-making Carla's pot pie. John is eliminated and not at all happy.

Battle before war. Quickfire is to make a dish for Wolfgang, featuring ginger. Brooke wins. The elimination challenge is to make a dish from the heart. Kristen AND Sheldon win. The reason there are two winners is because next week is resteraunt wars. They have to go back to the stew room and pick their team from the chefs left. It's boys verses girls. They pick and THEN the three in the bottom go out to see who is eliminated. Micah is eliminated for his raw dish that he makes for L.A.? women who are always watching their weight.

*8*
    Silver Member

Resteraunt wars. Sheldon wins. In a shocking dramatic (because that's what the show is all about now) elimination, Kristen goes home but wins in Last Chance Kitchen.

fgg

i haven't seen the episode yet but i really wanted it to be sheldon and kristin in the finale. *wah!*
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

How the fuck is Josie still there? I want Stefan to win. He should have won his season.
    Seapharris7 likes this.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information