Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Laxmobster
  • 1 Post By louiswinthorpe111

Thread: ABC Cancels '666 Park Avenue' & 'Last Resort', CBS Cancels 'Partners'

Default ABC Cancels '666 Park Avenue' & 'Last Resort', CBS Cancels 'Partners'

ABC Cancels '666 Park Avenue' & 'Last Resort', CBS Cancels 'Partners'

ABC has decided to cancel Freshman dramas Last Resort and 666 Park Avenue, while CBS has made the decision to end their comedy showPartners.
    The ABC network chose to end Last Resort and 666 Park Avenue, despite picking up two addition scripts for the both series. It has not been decided what will air in place of both series, since the network has not announced its midseason lineup yet.
    The network has comedies How to Live With Your Parents (for the Rest of Your Life) and Family Tools scheduled for midseason, while picking up full-season orders for Nashville, The Neighbors, andScandal.
    CBS decided to pull the plug on Partners after the show hit a series low (1.8 18-49 rating) on Monday.

Partners was the only new comedy introduced by the network this fall. Friend Me is scheduled to come on during midseason. Though Partners was cancelled, CBS has given full-season orders to dramas Elementary and Vegas.
    http://www.justjared.com/

"Tão estranho carregar uma vida inteira no corpo, e ninguém suspeitar dos traumas, das quedas, dos medos, dos choros."
    Caio Fernando Abreu

That pisses me off big time because I loved Partners. It totally had me laughing out loud. Yet they kept crap shows like Rules Of Engagement for years?

Meryl doesn't even try anymore. She just calls Lanvin and asks for curtains with a belt.~Bitter
    Can we interest you in Leann Rimes? She has a nice little cadre of fans you'd probably enjoy.~ Pecan Pie

Oh now I am pissed!!! I like Partners!
    And I so agree about Rules Of Engagement
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

Well I liked 666 Park Avenue, now we'll never know what the hell is going on in The Drake. I need to stop getting into new shows. This happened with Dirty, Sexy, Money and freaking Ringer!
    louiswinthorpe111 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestial View Post
    I also choose to believe the rumors because I am, when it is all said and done, a dirty gossip.

ABC is notorious for this. Remember Pushing Daisies? Great show, but ABC pulled the plug.

Boo I was watching Last Resort. Kind of complicated, lots of different stuff going on, but I like Andre Braugher and Scott Speedman.

At least Nashville is going to continue, getting into that one too!

ABC is so stupid. They always get rid of the good stuff and never give it a chance. How many awesome tv shows that became hugh hits later on started with not so great ratings the first season?
    "Schadenfreude, hard to spell, easy to feel." ~VenusinFauxFurs

"Scoffing is one of my main hobbies!" ~Trixie

Quote Originally Posted by Laxmobster View Post
    Well I liked 666 Park Avenue, now we'll never know what the hell is going on in The Drake. I need to stop getting into new shows. This happened with Dirty, Sexy, Money and freaking Ringer!
    Fox did it the Chicago Code, too. I quit watching shows the first year, because I don't want to make a commitment just to get let down.

ABC renewed The Neighbors? That's the worst show in the history of the world. It's freakin terrible.
    *DIVA! likes this.
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

Same here. After the writer's strike killed Pushing Daisies and Dirty, Sexy, Money, I've pretty much decided quit watching any show until it made it to the third season and then just catch up on the first two seasons. AHS is the only exceptions which works because it's an anthology.
    "Schadenfreude, hard to spell, easy to feel." ~VenusinFauxFurs

"Scoffing is one of my main hobbies!" ~Trixie

Quote Originally Posted by card View Post
    At least Nashville is going to continue, getting into that one too!
    *keeping fingers crossed*

Okay,...this pisses me off. I was liking 666 Park Avenue. It seems to happen to any new show I like and get in to. I was EXTREMELY LUCKY that Revenge, Grimm and Once Upon on a time didn't get the axe after last year. All three shows are now in their second seasons. As I was watching them last year, I kept thinking,...Damn,...your taking a big risk starting out watching three brand new shows. They will never stick around.

And yes,....now we will never know what the hell the deal was with The Drake and the guy that runs it. I am wondering if he is the devil, or an associate of his...lol

Elite Member

Are they going to finish showing the episodes they've already filmed at least, for 666 Park Ave.? Because after last week's episode, they said the new episode would be airing in 2 weeks. I KNEW this was going to happen. I almost never start watching new shows anymore because they will most likely be cancelled. Don't they think that this might have something to do with it? So many of the younger audience has the access to technology to download previous seasons/episodes, whereas the older people don't, so their audience is limited for shows like this if they're only counting who's watching live as it airs. At this rate, no shows will last long.

I wasn't blown away by 666 Park Avenue, but I looked forward to it every week. I hope they'll at least show the remaining episodes. Maybe they decided, once the set was destroyed by the hurricane, that they might as well cancel?
    Get it together Us weekly. And that statement by “Kristen” um obviously wasn’t her. any fan, stan, stalker, kstew role player can tell right away that isn’t her. - a Twihard

Elite Member

My DVR shows a description for next week's episode already, and it's some crazy shit about Jane seeing a psychic (Whoopie Goldberg) to explore past lives. If that's the case then this show was on the path to complete crap. But I'll watch it as long as they show it anyway.

Thread Information