Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Your favorite bollywood movie ?

Bronze Member

Default Your favorite bollywood movie ?

If you are from India or if you like bollywood than please add your favorite movie name ...

Would love to know each one pick

Oooh! I think Jab We Met was really good. I have a real crush on Shahid Kapur now.
    Get it together Us weekly. And that statement by “Kristen” um obviously wasn’t her. any fan, stan, stalker, kstew role player can tell right away that isn’t her. - a Twihard

Bronze Member

Yeah Jab we met is one movie which can always helps to lift your mood ... and another one of almost same category is 3 idiots ...

What do you think ?

Bronze Member

What's the matter ... nobody likes Bollywood movies ?

I love DDLJ...a classic!

Elite Member

What's the one? With the woman whose fiance (who was NOT an arranged match) dies right before the wedding. So she marries her father's choice before daddy dies, a nerdy guy. Nerd husband sleeps downstairs and secretly learns to dance...or something...but there is a lot of dancing. Wife falls in love with the dance persona...doesn't know it's her husband...or something...more dancing and singing...gossiping commences...competition is won...more dancing...wife ends up loving husband after all.

Aren't they all along those lines?
    I'mNotBitter likes this.
    CHILLY FREE!
    i have to zero the contain to your level -bugdoll
    you can't even be ogirinal - Mary

I saw one recently where the guy got into trouble with some gangsters and had to go and hide in the Caribbean and go to nightclubs with Kyle Minogue. You know, that old story. There weren't enough song and dance numbers, I was getting blue balls every time there would be an anguished standoff or heart wrenching goodbye - but nada. They would all glare menacingly/tearfully and I'd wait anxiously for the music to start and it would cut to the next scene.

I have no idea what it was called.

ETA can't believe I bothered to go look this up, it's called Blue. Shoulda been Blue Balls.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

Any of them with a lot of singing and dancing and beautiful costumes. Also boy meets girl and falls in love and a big song/dance production number.

Quote Originally Posted by olivia View Post
    What's the one? With the woman whose fiance (who was NOT an arranged match) dies right before the wedding. So she marries her father's choice before daddy dies, a nerdy guy. Nerd husband sleeps downstairs and secretly learns to dance...or something...but there is a lot of dancing. Wife falls in love with the dance persona...doesn't know it's her husband...or something...more dancing and singing...gossiping commences...competition is won...more dancing...wife ends up loving husband after all.

Aren't they all along those lines?
    Rab ne bana di jodi?
    I'mNotBitter likes this.

Actually recently watched Kahaani which was fantastic. If you're expecting singing/dancing and the usual fanfare, not gonna find it. But terrific acting, script, cinematography. It's rare but I was impressed with a Bollywood movie!

Elite Member

I am partial to Kal Ho Na Ho (if I'm spelling that right). Just because I love Maahive.

Kal ho na ho movie song " mahive " - YouTube
    I'mNotBitter likes this.
    Minutus cantorum, minutus balorum, minutus carborata descendum pantorum

Bronze Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jadestone View Post
    Oooh! I think Jab We Met was really good. I have a real crush on Shahid Kapur now.
    Jab we met are such kind of movie which you can watch any time ... specially if you are feeling bore or down than try Jab we met and I am sure you are going to love it.

Quote Originally Posted by karat View Post
    I love DDLJ...a classic!
    Had in video casette, after that bought in CD than in DVD and now in Blue Ray ...

Such kind of movie made once in decades ... Shahrukh got the fame through this movie and seal the birth in Yash Ji heart.

Quote Originally Posted by faithanne View Post
    I saw one recently where the guy got into trouble with some gangsters and had to go and hide in the Caribbean and go to nightclubs with Kyle Minogue. You know, that old story. There weren't enough song and dance numbers, I was getting blue balls every time there would be an anguished standoff or heart wrenching goodbye - but nada. They would all glare menacingly/tearfully and I'd wait anxiously for the music to start and it would cut to the next scene.

I have no idea what it was called.

ETA can't believe I bothered to go look this up, it's called Blue. Shoulda been Blue Balls.
    That was a flop movie ... before you are going to watch any bollywood movie consult your Indian friends who love bollywood movie or go for the NDTV movie review ...

Karat also suggested one nice movie named "Kahaani"

Quote Originally Posted by darksithbunny View Post
    Any of them with a lot of singing and dancing and beautiful costumes. Also boy meets girl and falls in love and a big song/dance production number.
    Dance, clothes change, fighting - all these are main ingredients of bollywood movie

Actually recently watched Kahaani which was fantastic. If you're expecting singing/dancing and the usual fanfare, not gonna find it. But terrific acting, script, cinematography. It's rare but I was impressed with a Bollywood movie!
    Vidya Balan and Nawazuddin ... all the way ...

Quote Originally Posted by BBDSP View Post
    I am partial to Kal Ho Na Ho (if I'm spelling that right). Just because I love Maahive.

Kal ho na ho movie song " mahive " - YouTube
    NICE CHOICE - Kal Ho naa Ho is a sentimental and touchy kind of movie ...

Rang De Basanti
    DDLJ
    3 Idiots
    Andaz Apna Apna
    Baghban

Elite Member

Rab ne bana di jodi?
    That's it! My husband saw it on a plane and made me watch it when he got home. We liked it a lot.
    karat likes this.
    CHILLY FREE!
    i have to zero the contain to your level -bugdoll
    you can't even be ogirinal - Mary

My name is Khan will always be hands down my favorite Indian movie simply because of the message it carries. I <3 it.
    Long movie but oh so worth it.
    What's the message? You'll just have to watch it to find out.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information