Thread: Cars

Default Cars

We went to see this on Saturday .... me, Mom, and my two boys.

Nascar fan or not, this is a good movie, though it was much longer than I expected it to be.
    This is the kind of movie that I don't mind paying $22 to get in and $17 for refreshment ..... ummmmmmm .... yea right

Paul Newman's voice was soothing ... made me wanna go out and buy some salad dressing. Speaking of salad .... Owen Wilson did a good voice for the main character, Lightning McQueen.
    Larry The Cable Guy's was such a great fit for Tow Mater .... he was my favorite. Now I wanna go out and buy that stuffed character that talks .... only $25 at Wal-Mart Damn, they make a killin' on that kind of stuff!

The boys favorite part in the whole movie was:

McQueen: Did you know Doc has three Piston Cups
    Tow Mater: *spits out the oil he was drinking* He did WHAT in his cup?

.... guess you had to be there.

My Mom really enjoyed it because there were so many cars in there that brought back memories for her .... all the old classic cars .... great animation!!

I had read a review before I went, so I knew to stay while the credits were rolling ..... even more humor.

Default Re: Cars

I really do wanna see it, especially since I'm still in love with kids movies (thankfully the BF can appreciate them too, at least half of the movies we have gone to see on dates were "kids movies"). Another part of why I want to see it is b/c I'm a pretty big Rascal Flatts fan and I heard they covered "Life is a Highway" for the movie, but that it won't be on the soundtrack.

Quote Originally Posted by NoDayButToday
    I really do wanna see it, especially since I'm still in love with kids movies (thankfully the BF can appreciate them too, at least half of the movies we have gone to see on dates were "kids movies"). Another part of why I want to see it is b/c I'm a pretty big Rascal Flatts fan and I heard they covered "Life is a Highway" for the movie, but that it won't be on the soundtrack.
    Life Is A Highway sounded really good ... and I'm not a bluegrass/country fan, but it fit so well during the scene that it played. I can't believe they wouldn't put it on the soundtrack!? .... it was the longest playing song on there. Hmmmmm.

As for kid movies ..... I don't see anything but those unless I rent it.
    I'm such a good Mommy.

I just checked Amazon. They must have changed their mind about putting it on the soundtrack b/c now it is listed. Back in April or May, Rascal Flatts announced in an interview that they had just recorded it to be used in the film, but were told it would not be on the soundtrack so they were urging fans to see the movie when it comes out.

That sound is why I like Rascal Flatts so much, they are technically country, but they have a sound that is easily accepted by people who are not really country fans. They were actually the group that started getting me really into country music a few years back, their albums are just so fun and all the songs are good. Their albums are some of the only ones I know that I can listen to every one the entire way through without wanting to skip any songs.

I enjoyed it, but I thought it was about 30 minutes too long.

SVZ

This movie looks cute, I may see it....but I'm definetly going to see Nacho Libre!

Nachooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Silver Member

I thought it was great! Esp since my insurance company rented a theater and invited all policy holders to watch for free!

It was cute, but a little long for a "kids" movie. Entertaining enough for adults, with some witty humor sprinkled through.
    We saw it at the drive-in last night, and I did doze off...

Thread Information