Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Shailene Woodley: Mary Jane Watson in 'Spider-Man 2'

Default Shailene Woodley: Mary Jane Watson in 'Spider-Man 2'

Shailene Woodley: Mary Jane Watson in 'Spider-Man 2'!

Shailene Woodley has reportedly been offered the role of Mary Jane Watson in the upcoming The Amazing Spider-Man sequel, according to THR!

The 20-year-old actress, if the reports are true, would play the red-headed love interest of Peter Parker/Spider-Man, confirmed to be played once again by returning hero Andrew Garfield.

Emma Stone is also set to return in the role of Gwen Stacy.

Celebrity News and Gossip | Just Jared

"Tão estranho carregar uma vida inteira no corpo, e ninguém suspeitar dos traumas, das quedas, dos medos, dos choros."
    Caio Fernando Abreu

Have they not watched The Secret Life? Really? Epically bad actress and incredibly annoying.
    gas_chick likes this.
    "Schadenfreude, hard to spell, easy to feel." ~VenusinFauxFurs

"Scoffing is one of my main hobbies!" ~Trixie

No shit, girlfriend can't act her way out of a wet sack.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

NO. NO. NO. NO. NO. NO. NO. NO.

She is all wrong. Did these movie people forget that MJ burst onto Peter Parker's scene as a total hellcat? She was all tits and personality when PP met her, this is ridiculous casting.
    Baby, by the time you have kids and they're in school, no one will care about you.

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeSlice View Post
    Have they not watched The Secret Life? Really? Epically bad actress and incredibly annoying.
    I wish I could Like this 1000 times. I never saw the Clooney movie she was in but I was shocked that she got so much praise because she sucks hard on that stupid show. No way I'm believing Peter Parker gets over Gwen Stacy for this trick.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Quote Originally Posted by gas_chick View Post
    I wish I could Like this 1000 times. I never saw the Clooney movie she was in but I was shocked that she got so much praise because she sucks hard on that stupid show. No way I'm believing Peter Parker gets over Gwen Stacy for this trick.
    I haven't seen "The Descendants" either, but she got all kinds of critical praise for it. Maybe she puts out more of an effort for the big screen....

She played a very meh teenage girl with the eye rolls and the snappy retorts. Not much of a stretch from any average high school.
    Baby, by the time you have kids and they're in school, no one will care about you.

And the horrible casting continues...

Hit By Ban Bus!

I thought M.J. was supposed to be a stunner? Shailene is very average to me and I hate her acting on that Secret Life show. I stopped watching because the acting just made me cover my face in shame every single time
    OrangeSlice likes this.

First her, then Jamie Foxx as Electro, I think Ill pass on this one.
    mfox758 likes this.

'I'm bummed': Shailene Woodley on her Mary Jane role getting cut from The Amazing Spider-Man 2

She filmed scenes earlier this year for the upcoming The Amazing Spider-Man 2, even dying her hair red to play the superhero's love interest Mary Jane Watson.
    But Shailene Woodley will not be starring in the sequel after all.
    The 21-year-old's scenes have been completely cut from the film, she told the latest issue of Entertainment Weekly.

Losing out: Shailene Woodley, pictured on set for The Amazing Spider-Man 2 in March in NYC, has revealed that her scenes have been cut from the film

'Of course I'm bummed,' said The Descendants star. 'But I am a firm believer in everything happening for a specific reason.'
    'Based on the proposed plot, I completely understand the need for holding off on introducing [Mary Jane] until the next film,' she added.
    Shailene only worked for a few days in late February and early March, and shot around three scenes playing Mary Jane - a staple love interest of Peter Parker in the comic book series.

'Streamling': Director Marc Webb said he cut the scenes because he wanted to focus on the relationships between Peter Parker and Gwen Stacy, played by real life couple Andrew Garfield and Emma Stone, pictured on set in NYC in June

'Not hot enough': Some websites are speculating whether director Webb bowed to criticism that Shailene, pictured on set in March, wasn't attractive enough to play Mary Jane

The film stars Andrew Garfield as Peter and his real life girlfriend Emma Stone as Gwen Stacy.
    Director Marc Webb told The Hollywood Reporterthat he wanted to turn the attention to Peter and Gwen's romance.
    'I made a creative decision to streamline the story and focus on Peter and Gwen and their relationship,' he said. 'Shailene is an incredibly talented actress and while we only shot a few scenes with Mary Jane, we all love working with her.'
    However, the publication notes that, 'It is likely that Woodley will not return and that the part will be recast.'
    Some websites are speculating whether Shailene was cut because she wasn't 'hot enough' to play Mary Jane.
    Shailene's casting caused a furor among comic book fans, who deemed the actress wasn't attractive to play the iconic role.
    One fan wrote of Shailene: 'I mean don't get me wrong, the chick can look pretty do-able when she's all done up for a magazine shoot or whatever, but walking around like that in the real world? Just isn't gonna cut it sweetheart.'
    'Omg she looks horrible I hope they can do something with that face of hers,' another wrote on Cinemablend.com.
    'Mary Jane is supposed to be hot,' said another.
    Many websites expressed outrage over the statement, with some declaring that fans didn't deserve this reboot with their superficial attitudes.

But Shailene has plenty of other projects to focus on, and 2014 promises to be a big year for her.
    Her award-winning Sundance hit The Spectacular Now is due for release in August
    And she is headlining her first franchise with Divergent, based on the science fiction young adult bestseller by Veronica Roth.
    Shailene told Entertainment Weekly that she had reservations about taking on the part of the heroine Beatrice, and almost passed on the role.
    'My agents were like, "are you f—ing crazy?" But I said if this movie is successful, things will change and I don’t want that.'

A sequel is already in the works.

Read more: Shailene Woodley on her Mary Jane role getting cut from The Amazing Spider-Man 2 | Mail Online
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

"Tão estranho carregar uma vida inteira no corpo, e ninguém suspeitar dos traumas, das quedas, dos medos, dos choros."
    Caio Fernando Abreu

Hahahahahahaha! Now take some time off to take some acting lessons, Shailene, and aim higher than best of the high school theater group.
    "Schadenfreude, hard to spell, easy to feel." ~VenusinFauxFurs

"Scoffing is one of my main hobbies!" ~Trixie

Some websites are speculating whether director Webb bowed to criticism that Shailene, pictured on set in March, wasn't attractive enough to play Mary Jane
    And yet Kirsten Dunst played her. I mean Dunst is okay, but she's no raving beauty, imo.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

She's 21? She looks about 40 in that photo.
    "Don't trust nobody, and 'nobody' meaning Jay Leno in particular." -Chris Rock

Quote Originally Posted by Laurent View Post
    And yet Kirsten Dunst played her. I mean Dunst is okay, but she's no raving beauty, imo.
    Well I think Kirsten Dunst and Tobey Maguire are both "breathtaking" I never understood the casting of the Spider-man movies

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information