Thread: The Omen

Default The Omen

Has anyone seen it yet? I was supposed to go yesterday night but it was sold out...and since I attempted to go to the last showing, I obviously missed out...so if you did see it, how was it? Did it compare to the original? Was it better? Worse?

Default Re: The Omen

Haven't seen it yet and don't aim to, after having seen numerous clips from it. It virtually has the exact same script. I mean VER BATIM! The boy didn't look half as scary as the original kid and Mia Farrow as the nanny didn't look half as creepy as the original either. Redundant and unneccessary remake, me thinks.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

I heard its exactly the same script too. I agree HWBL, I don't see the need to reproduce films that are fine as they are. The Omen is a classic, in fact this remake just makes me want to watch the original one again.

I heard they only remade it to take advantage of the 666 thing. Psssh. Talk about honouring Satan.

It looks too scary; and since everything is so violent and over the top now I bet it is.

I dont mind horror movies when they're fake but I believe in the devil, so I dont want to see it.

Well I saw it tonight and it was pretty good, but nothing to write home about. It wasnt better than the original, but it wasnt worse either...it was middle of the road. There was a little more gore, but not too much, so it wasnt over the top or anything (there are definitely movies out there who make the gore in this movie look like a disney movie.)

I wasnt particularly impressed or anything, but I wasnt disappointed either

I'd still watch it. Which was scarier Haggard?

I find all these remakes use so much gore to get the thrills in, but the originals didn't. However it's what you imagine in your mind that makes it more scarier I find, the suspense of not knowing. Does that make sense?

Like the Texas Chainsaw Massacre, the original scared the crap out of me but the gory remake was full of blood and guts but wasn't nearly as effective.

It wasnt really scary scary...there were some parts to make you jump, and some things that made you think like "whoa...weird..." (especially the beginning where they talk about the signs with the birth of the anti-christ) but it wasnt give you nightmares scary. But then again I never thought the original omen was that scary either....

Definitely the kid in this movie is a lot freakier than the kid in the original omen.

But basically if you found the original scary, you'll probably find this one scary, because they arent that different from each other.

^I like how your post count when you made that posting is "666".

I saw this in the movies today with my ex-girfriend and she watched the orginial. After the movie she said that it was nearly exactly the same as the original, except that it was less creepy and less full of talent. I honestly thought the movie was boring and dull. Sure it's creepy that there's Satanic stuff in it, but overall it was'nt interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Authority
    ^I like how your post count when you made that posting is "666".
    Ahaha, creepy!

I went & saw it tonight and REALLY enjoyed it! I am glad that they didn't wander far from the original script (which usually ruins movies when they do). The acting I thought was great. Mia Farrow really made the movie I think. She was creepy without being over the top. This is the first movie in a long time that I feel wasn't a rip off for the price to get in. I would and do recommend seeing it in the theatre.

I thought it sucked. Really. Sucked. The script, the plot, and even many camera angles were the same. The kid has a face made for comedy. Not scary in the slightest. And I hate it when movies today use heart-attack moments to scare you. It's not scary, just nerve-wracking, and it didn't fit with the slow, creepy ambience the original pulled off so well.

I'm going to rent the original again. Why butcher something so good?
    2 years...

I saw it last night, I didn't think it was scary, but there was some stuff that made me jump and some kinda gross stuff. I liked it though, it was creepy. I haven't seen the original though.

Quote Originally Posted by flecjill
    I saw it last night, I didn't think it was scary, but there was some stuff that made me jump and some kinda gross stuff. I liked it though, it was creepy. I haven't seen the original though.
    I agree. my feelings exactly. It wasn't a great movie, but it was ok for entertainmet. It had some disturbing stuff in it. It was average, I seen many worse ones
    p.s. Mia Farrow looks great, but so plastic. I wonder how many things she had done.
    There are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it.
    Oscar Wilde

I haven't seen it yet but I think it was pretty funny to cast Mia Farrow as the nanny of satan, since she allready gave brith to satan in Rosemary's Baby.

Thread Information