Like Tree7Likes
  • 5 Post By Chilly Willy
  • 1 Post By msdeb
  • 1 Post By Butterfly

Thread: Glee Season 4

Default Glee Season 4

Just finished watching the Season 4 premiere of Glee and I'm not sure how to feel about it. Right now I feel very sad and nostalgic, which is weird for me because I'm usually one of those people who is like "new is always better!" I mean I like the Rachel/Kurt storyline so far, but I'm not into what's happening at McKinley High.

SPOILER ALERT!

To recap so far:

Clearly:
    Marley is meant to be "the new Rachel" (as in the new star of New Directions)
    Kitty is Quinn 2.0
    Jake is Puck 2.0

Speculation:
    Wade/Unique is Kurtcedes 2.0 (a twofer! lol)
    Cassandra July is Sue 2.0 (maybe)

I guess my issue is that I feel like the writers/producers are playing it too safe back at McKinley. They are just reincarnating old characters instead of creating new ones. Also Kitty just isn't Season 1 Quinn; I was drawn to Season 1 Quinn, but I don't like Kitty. I'd rather see Quinn and Puck grow and change than have them resurrected as Kitty and Jake at McKinley.

Anyways I wanted to hear other Glee fan's thoughts and opinions on the new New Directions thus far. Fire away please!

*crickets*
    Sleuth, msdeb, angelais and 2 others like this.
    Hello mother fucker! when you ask a question read also the answer instead of asking another question on an answer who already contain the answer of your next question!
    -Bugdoll-

Quote Originally Posted by Chilly Willy View Post
    *crickets*
    gee thanx, lol

Quote Originally Posted by Chilly Willy View Post
    *crickets*
    if i could like this more than once, i would!
    Chilly Willy likes this.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Hmmm, I guess I shoula realized that since there don't seem to be any other Glee threads on this forum that Gossip Rocks is probably short on Gleeks. I'll save the Glee stuff for Fanpop from now on, lol

Sorry, Metis! I've never watched it.
    "If you are not outraged, then you are not paying attention," Heather Heyer's facebook quote.

Oh well, lol. Maybe I should just ask why everyone is so certain that Tom Cruise is gay, I'm not sure what the evidence is for that one and I'm really curious as to what it is esp since he reminds me of my bro, lol

I watch Glee! But my conversations about it are as follows:

did you see Glee? Yes, did you? Yup!
    Or did you watch Glee and did you like the Song? Yes, I did... Might download on iTunes... Ok
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

I've been watching. I've liked most of the music so far, which is an improvement (imo) over the second and third seasons (at least so far). I think the Rachel/Kurt storyline could be done without. I actually prefer the high school stuff. I like Marley a lot, and I'm happy that the older New Directions members, Marley, and Wade are spreading the singing time around.

I'm a little bit iffy about Jake. He's too much of a Puck 2.0, but at least he doesn't have that stupid mohawk. He does have beady, mean eyes, though, so it's not helping that the character has anger issues.

The Britney 2.0 episode was great.
    Get it together Us weekly. And that statement by “Kristen” um obviously wasn’t her. any fan, stan, stalker, kstew role player can tell right away that isn’t her. - a Twihard

I watch it... It isn't my must see TV but I do enjoy it... I thought Britney 1.0 was hilarious and was really disappointed with 2.0... Britney is my favorite on the show though.
    *DIVA! likes this.
    ><((((º>·. ¸¸. ·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>><((((º>`·.¸¸.··´¯`·...¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º> `·.¸¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>

Ive been watching and I openly admit to being a big Lea Michele fan! I feel a little bit confused about what's going on with all the missing characters (Finn, Quinn, Mercedes, Santana) because nothing has been said about them. I do like the Rachel and Kurt story line and I awwwed when he was there for Rachel in NY. I can't believe they did ANOTHER Britney Spears episode because frankly 1 was too much for me. I think that Sam and Brittany are going to get together and I can't believe that Rachel didn't make out with that hot new guy Brody. I really don't want Rachel and Finn to get together again because I think she's too good for him so hopefully that relationship isn't resurrected

I was not impressed with the Britney 2.0 episode. It seemed thrown together and the songs and routines (with the exception of 'Crazy') were half-assed and just kind of randomly stuck in there. Also, it's been established now that Britney Spears has serious mental illness, so I wasn't amused with the way the entire episode revolved around making fun of that and trying to make it into some sort of joke. Glee claims to be all about promoting tolerance and acceptance of everybody and then devotes an entire episode to ridiculing and making fun of someone who suffers from mental illness? Hilarious.

I loved the Britney 2.0 episode. I also have a mental illness (bipolar type 2) and I took away a much more positive message from that episode. Britney Spears really has had so many things go wrong, had some much bad stuff happen, made so many wrong turns, and got so lost yet she is rocking harder than ever now and I think the show was basically saying that from rock bottom it only gets better and it even inspired me. I kind of hit bottom recently in my own life and after watching the episode I decided it was time to set plans for my "glorious comeback" into motion. Also if you read interviews with Heather Morris she states that she plays Brittany S. Pierce as "literally insane". Brittany is also my favorite character on the show, lol
    Anyway the show is satire, you can't take the humor too seriously or you will for sure get offended at some point =P
    Also I love the new storylines now and am over my earlier squeamishness.

Thread Information