Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: 2012 Grammy viewing thread

Quote Originally Posted by JadeStar70 View Post

And please,...Chris Brown got a Grammy? I guess it is true,...give it time and Hollywood will forget or forgive anything a "star" does. I think I saw his head grow three sizes last night. The cocky piece of shit!! Oh,..and doesn't Rhianna still have a restraining order against him? Did they have to keep them seperated on opposite ends of the building?
    not to defend the grammys (since they have no clue - see my post above), but aren't the awards supposed to be about music and not musicians' personal behaviour?
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Quote Originally Posted by Sialia View Post
    Wow, Katy Perry is sure looking Oompa-Loompa-ish.

blue bubblegum ice cream

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    just saw the full list of winners.
    god, the grammys are retarded. not to mention out of touch.
    bon iver is the 'best new artist'? there's nothing new about him at all. i guess it just took this long to reach the grammy judges' radars.
    Yeah I agree, grammys are out of touch but i. think they tend to award pop acts and overlook a lot of talented Indie artists. I'm glad he won though. I also thought Foster the People were gonna be up for best new artist? They weren't even nominated for anything were they?

Quote Originally Posted by JadeStar70 View Post
    I have no clue what song Nicky Minaj (or however you spell it) did, or what the song means with all the Catholic and religious acts in it. Anyone care to explain it? Reminded me of old Madonna and her anger at her church.

And please,...Chris Brown got a Grammy? I guess it is true,...give it time and Hollywood will forget or forgive anything a "star" does. I think I saw his head grow three sizes last night. The cocky piece of shit!! Oh,..and doesn't Rhianna still have a restraining order against him? Did they have to keep them seperated on opposite ends of the building?
    Nicki minaj's performance was a try hard scary mess. I dint think anyone understood it and I don't really want to. Even I wad watching it.I was just like wtf?!? I agree Chris brown is a douche but he's pretty talented....way more talented than that lazy.Rihanna. And as for the restraining order supposedly she's been hanging out with him so I doubt she still had one against him.

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    not to defend the grammys (since they have no clue - see my post above), but aren't the awards supposed to be about music and not musicians' personal behaviour?

Why not?!!
    Should a murderer be awarded? A rapist? A pedophile?

Quote Originally Posted by Jexxifer View Post
    Blake Shelton is sooo hot.
    back away that's my man me and Greys will kick your ass lmao
    Quote Originally Posted by fgg View Post
    ^the civil wars. they are seriously awesome. i've never heard of them before. i wonder if their album is similar to how they just sang bc, if so, i'd buy it too.
    everything I've heard of theirs has been similar they fucking rule
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurent View Post
    Adele sounds pretty damn good to me. Love her performance dress.
    I thought so too and her dress was pretty

Haha, yeah, I'm downloading it now. I figured for $6.99, why the heck not. I tried going on their website and it seems to have crashed so I suspect we're not the only lemmings out there.

Yeah! It was great.

ETA: Ah, crap, and now it's sounding like I'm going to have to download something from The Band Perry, too.
    Band Perry has some good stuff If I die young is one of the better ones but they have a lot I like
    Quote Originally Posted by fgg View Post
    isn't it glenn campbell that has alzheimer's? if so, he's doing a great job.
    Yep he did a good job but he was on another award show not to long ago and did fine on it too
    Quote Originally Posted by SillyME54 View Post
    Ok, did they totally not include Etta James in the segment dedicated to those who've passed? Or did I just miss her?
    yep they didn't and it kinda pissed me off
    Ooohhh...That might be it...but still, I think it's kind of disrespectful to include Whitney and not Etta. I love Etta!
    Very disrespectful imo
    Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    Just an FYI, the civil wars are a country act.

yall like country, yall like country. **dances around**
    *joins in on Greys dance
    Nicki Minaj...What. The hell. Was that.
    stupid, that's what that was
    [QUOTE=darksithbunny;2648763]Bruno Mars Throws Fit After Adele Wins Best Album 2012 - YouTube
    man don't tell me that I love him, video has been removed too

Quote Originally Posted by BBDSP View Post
    I think Chris Brown needs to go beat up all these stupid little betches right now.
    Vouch
    Silly bitches, twitchy links are NOT for kids!-Mel

I thought I was done with the Grammys before, but now that they gave one to Chris Brown, I'm totally done with the bullshit.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

What's round on the ends and high in the middle?

Quote Originally Posted by whitetigeress View Post
    Why not?!!
    Sure! I mean they make the different sports Hall of Fames all the time. Wife beaters, druggies, etc.

I think what they really need is to spend a month volunteering in a battered woman's shelter or something.
    This times a million; those stupid cunt rags have no clue what it's like to be struck in the face. Attitudes like theirs just reinforces misogynist opinions about "keeping chicks in line". Stupid, stupid bitches. Cheers to Matt Stopera for naming and shaming the Team Breezy Stupid Bitch Squad.

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    I thought I was done with the Grammys before, but now that they gave one to Chris Brown, I'm totally done with the bullshit.
    Heck I was done w/ the Grammys when that M&M arsehole won three, plus the super special bonus one handing to him by the head of the Grammy committee after giving a speech about "artistic freedom". Because I'm sure if a non-black woman used the "n word", whatever word is racist about hispanics, promoted violence against LGBT persons, or exploited her kid in a song about killing the kid's dad... well "artistic freedom" would make it hunkie-dorie

I don't believe that there are any award ceremonies in Hollywood that aren't politic, or just plain bought.
    What do we want?
    EVIDENCE BASED SCIENCE
    When do we want it?
    AFTER PEER REVIEW

Quote Originally Posted by whitetigeress View Post
    Why not?!!
    are they music awards or behaviour awards? well, i don't even think they're music awards but for the sake of argument, let's pretend they are.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

The Alicia Keys and Bonnie Ratt performance, where they sung an Etta James song "Sunday Kinda Love" was her tribute!!
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

^ Thank you. I said that 2 pages ago but no one seemed to catch on! Now I'm wondering if I'm on ignore
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestial View Post
    I also choose to believe the rumors because I am, when it is all said and done, a dirty gossip.

I wonder why Chaka Khan decided not to participate in the tribute? She was scheduled to but then backed out.

I nearly forgot about that. I did read somewhere that Chaka Khan were supposed to perform along with Jennifer Hudson.

So I'm wondering why they didn't??

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by arie_skop View Post
    I nearly forgot about that. I did read somewhere that Chaka Khan were supposed to perform along with Jennifer Hudson.

So I'm wondering why they didn't??
    I think that either Chaka was too broken up over it, or that she didn't approve of the way the tribute was being handled. I saw a clip of her on some show (maybe Piers Morgan) talking about how awful it was for Clive Davis to go ahead with his party, in the same hotel where Whitney's body was.

Then she started talking about how Whitney's handlers never should have brought her out a week early for the party given that she was struggling with addiction. (Chaka is a recovering addict too.) She was pointing some fingers here and there and she had some strong opinions, so maybe she just didn't want to participate in the whole dog-and-pony show after Whitney's death.

Too bad, as I love Chaka's singing and anything she sang would have come from the heart.

Yeah I agree, grammys are out of touch but i. think they tend to award pop acts and overlook a lot of talented Indie artists. I'm glad he won though. I also thought Foster the People were gonna be up for best new artist? They weren't even nominated for anything were they?

Nicki minaj's performance was a try hard scary mess. I dint think anyone understood it and I don't really want to. Even I wad watching it.I was just like wtf?!? I agree Chris brown is a douche but he's pretty talented....way more talented than that lazy.Rihanna. And as for the restraining order supposedly she's been hanging out with him so I doubt she still had one against him.
    I just saw her performance that was a mess. No idea what she was trying to achieve and I'm surprised the Grammys thought that performance would be worth staging. IMO she was trying to hard to be like Lady Gaga.

I think that either Chaka was too broken up over it, or that she didn't approve of the way the tribute was being handled. I saw a clip of her on some show (maybe Piers Morgan) talking about how awful it was for Clive Davis to go ahead with his party, in the same hotel where Whitney's body was.

Then she started talking about how Whitney's handlers never should have brought her out a week early for the party given that she was struggling with addiction. (Chaka is a recovering addict too.) She was pointing some fingers here and there and she had some strong opinions, so maybe she just didn't want to participate in the whole dog-and-pony show after Whitney's death.

Too bad, as I love Chaka's singing and anything she sang would have come from the heart.
    Now that makes sense as to why she declined. Also, I was surprised Clive Davis decided to through his party after Whitney's death.
    I suppose in the end all they care about is making money from the singers, not caring about their health.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread Information