Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2010 Super Bowl commercials

I'd like to kneecap the advertising department responsible for that piece of crap for Audi.
    "If you are not outraged, then you are not paying attention," Heather Heyer's facebook quote.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by Laxmobster View Post
    The Doritos one where the kid slap's his mom's date and I LOVED the E*Trade babies!

So you're saying that milkaholic Lindsay wasn't over there...
    Milka what?!?
    yep and I love the Budweiser commercial too.
    The one with the dog and the barking collar cracked me up - I laughed the most over that one.
    I think they had some good commercials.

I didn't really get the Budweiser commerical. Were they supposed to be in love? Did the Bull wish he could have grown up and become a sled puller?

Quote Originally Posted by Bellatheball View Post
    I didn't really get the Budweiser commerical. Were they supposed to be in love? Did the Bull wish he could have grown up and become a sled puller?
    They were just best friends! He wanted to run with the team.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

So did anyone catch any of the Puppy Bowl on Animal Planet? I switched it over after the game, and it was much better this year. A lot of funny "play by play" commentary. Also, they had bunny cheerleaders on the sidelines, and the best part --- hamsters piloting the Goodyear blimp. It was hilarious!
    Santa is an elitist mother fucker -- giving expensive shit to rich kids and nothing to poor kids.

Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    They were just best friends! He wanted to run with the team.
    But, but, but what does that have to do with beer?

Default Why are those Super Bowl ad execs so mad at women?

Why are those Super Bowl ad execs so mad at women? - BostonHerald.com

Mad Men sure are angry at women.

Advertising execs unleashed their fury Sunday night, one lady-hating Super Bowl commercial at a time.
    From Bridgestone tires to Dodge cars to Bud Light, it was bros vs. hos on the boob tube, with ads depicting women as spine-stealing nags.

What hell hath the Dockers’ Wear the Pants campaign wrought?
    In case you missed it, here’s a roundup:

Dodge cues to miserable-looking men staring lifelessly into the camera. A voice-over lists all the things they do (and hate): “I will take your call. I will listen to your opinion of my friends. I will listen to your friends’ opinion of my friends. I will be civil to your mother. I will put the seat down. I will separate the recycling. I will carry your lip balm. I will watch your vampire TV shows with you ... and because I do this, I. Will. Drive. The. Car. I. Want. To. Drive. Dodge Charger. Man’s Last Stand.”

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unrwqa-_bbg[/youtube]

I’ll tell you what a man will see the last of if he pulls into the driveway in one of those.

Then there’s emasculated Jason, trapped in the lingerie section of a department store instead of watching the game. Why? Well, his girlfriend removed his backbone, don’t you know! CBS sports broadcaster Jim Nantz advises him to get out of that skirt and get himself a FloTV.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKg8WCQAbYw&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

Bridgestone showed a guy who would rather give some “Mad Max” bandits his wife than his tires. Bud Light featured a fella who put up with some book club conversation so long as there was talk of girl-on-girl action and some cold bottles at the ready. Dockers once again told men, “It’s time to wear the pants.” And Dove ripped off Anita Renfroe’s “Mom’s William Tell Overture” and turned it into a Calgon Take Me Away moment for men. Why is he so stressed? He has to open jars for his wife and check the house for burglars.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNUWOu5BBX4[/youtube]
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LgZ-8hNY0go&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DQ8HAD7u84&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EmK7DKTGJpo&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

The guys are getting hammered in these ads, too, coming across as a bunch of emasculated drones. But the subtext is they’re only that way because of harping women. Which is a strange way to convince those who control 80 percent of household purchases - the women of America! - to buy your product.

Imagine walking into a store and being greeted with:
    “You are the most soul-crushing creature ever to walk on two legs. Everything you do is annoying. You make life a chore. It would be infinitely more pleasurable if you fell into quicksand and disappeared forever. That’ll be $99.95.”
    A good battle of the sexes is one thing. I liked “Moonlighting.” I watch “Castle.” But Madison Avenue has gone too far, thinking gender-bashing will instigate sales.
    I’m not buying it. Or their products.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellatheball View Post
    But, but, but what does that have to do with beer?
    Draft horses. They pull the Budweiser wagon. And the baby longhorn & the baby draft horse were pals that raced as babies. Then they raced as Big Animals. Then they all drank beer. Simple!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

I don't care for the E-Trade babies, either.

I like the Betty White commercial, too. I also thought Abe was dead. The two Doritos commercials were good, the little boy slapping his Mom's boyfriend and then the shocking dog collar one, too. The house made out of Bud Light cans did make me chuckle thinking of the walls collapsing after a long evening of partying.

Hi! I'm New Here!

Talking Snickers with Betty White the best!

Betty & Abe Vigoda was the funniest one...2nd letterman

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by ManxMouse View Post
    So did anyone catch any of the Puppy Bowl on Animal Planet? I switched it over after the game, and it was much better this year. A lot of funny "play by play" commentary. Also, they had bunny cheerleaders on the sidelines, and the best part --- hamsters piloting the Goodyear blimp. It was hilarious!
    I LOVE the Puppy Bowl!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information