Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2007 Oscar Nominations

^^Don't worry, she's not nominated for any of the songs.

I'm hoping it goes to Peter O'Toole for Venus. He was terrific. Give the man his due.

Ohhh man am I the only one who is sick to DEATH of hearing about dreamgirls and just how wonderful it is geez people let it go.... and I also find it very funny that beyonce wasn't nominated!!

Quote Originally Posted by Laurent View Post
    Oh, snap! No lead actress nomination for Beyonce!
    D:

You took the EXACT words out of my mouth. Seriously, I came in this thread just to type "Oh snap! No nom for Beyonce!!!"

Anyway, I'm also glad Brad Pitt didn't get anything for Babel, it's absurd the attention he got for that at the Globes. I think Leo would've had a better chance winning best actor for The Departed but I'm not so sure about Blood Diamond. I hope he wins either day.
    All you can do at life is play along and hope that sometimes you get it right.

I only saw two of the best pic nominations Departed and Babel. They were both okay not in my opinion oscar caliber. I only saw DiCaprio in Diamond and Forest Whitaker. I think DiCaprio gave an incredible performance in Diamond.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by celeb_2006 View Post
    I think DiCaprio gave an incredible performance in Diamond.
    I'd like to see that - I wonder if I could get past the weak, inconsistent accent though. What did you think?

I thought he did a good job throughout with the accent though I am no expert on accents. I really didn't notice it I just was moved by his acting.

Little Miss Sunshine?! Seriously? Am I the only person who doesn't get what the big deal is with that movie? I mean, it's cute and all, but...
    Last edited by tofucheesecake; January 24th, 2007 at 02:54 PM.

Little Miss Sunshine, was fantastic, its nice to see that the Academy can still appreciate subtlety. Dreamgirls, now thats a movie that demonstrates the adage of style over substance. Hudson may be one to watch, but the movie has been blown out of proportion by the marketing machine.

Good luck to George Miller, sorry still bitter over Cars beating Happy Feet at the globes. A decision so wrong I didnt know whether to laugh or cry. Pixar is starting to get sloppy. I think the academy members just pencil in aardman or Pixar whenever their nominated now.

Helen Mirren.........oh my god, if she doesnt win, Im doing a nudie run through all of the threads.....You have been warned
    I'm using a lot of oxygen and such I think it's good use of oxygen myself, but of course, I'm a little prejudiced on the matter.

Tater Tot...i love your sig.
    "I'll probably just end up in some seedy bar with some seedy blonde"-some random Englishman

How did Beyonce get passed up for Jennifer Hudson in Dreamgirls as best S.A.?? I could see having them both MAYBE, but not totally ignoring Beyonce's performance.

I'm just amazed by B's talent. She has shown a good range in just two movies, she can do comedy and drama, and we all know about her musical talents. AMAZING!

-INDEPENDENT WOMAN

Beyonce was passed up for an Academy Award b/c she's a mediocre actress, at best. Simply having 2 different roles does not mean that she played either of them well. I haven't been impressed with her "acting" in anything I've ever seen her in, she is not a good actress.

Elite Member

Helen Mirren is a shoe in for Best Actress.

And though it might be a long shot, I'm praying to God that Will Smith wins Best Actor for the Pursuit of Happyness. That was the best movie I've ever seen. Realistically though, I predict an actor I like a lot just might clinch the best actor award - DiCaprio. That guy knows how to choose his roles extremely well. He comes on the scene, makes one or two successful movies in a row, goes away so not to become over exposed, then comes back after a brief hiatus and does it all again. Titanic, The Aviator, Catch Me If You Can, The Departed, Gangs of New York, Blood Diamond......all high calibre. The guy's amazing!

Quote Originally Posted by NoDayButToday View Post
    Beyonce was passed up for an Academy Award b/c she's a mediocre actress, at best. Simply having 2 different roles does not mean that she played either of them well. I haven't been impressed with her "acting" in anything I've ever seen her in, she is not a good actress.
    It sounds like you might have a little bias going into it, but that's OK .

I am pretty confident she won't get passed up for a nomination in her next role. Talent always shines through. I think she needs a role in an epic- like a war movie.

-INDEPENDENT WOMAN!

I'm a movie buff, a theater enthusiast (both musicals and traditional plays), an actress, and have always been involved in theater communities. I know talent and quality when I see it in a film, and I don't see either when Beyonce "acts".

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information