Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2007 Emmys

Quote Originally Posted by Bellatheball View Post
    I have to know what Sally Field said. They edited her out for a good 10 seconds.
    Fox censors Sally Field’s anti-war speech at Emmy’s.

At tonight’s Emmy Awards show, the audience cheered Sally Field’s acceptance speech, which recognized the mothers of U.S. troops. “Surely this [award] belongs to all the mothers of the world,” she stated. “May they be seen, may their work be valued and raised. Especially to the mothers who stand with an open heart and wait. Wait for their children to come home from danger, from harm’s way, and from war. I am proud to be one of those women.”
    Field then continued, “If mothers ruled the world, there would be no –” But the Fox Emmycast cut off her sound and pointed the camera away from the stage, silencing the rest of her sentence: “god-damned wars in the first place.”
    Think Progress » Fox censors Sally Field’s anti-war speech at Emmy’s.

I liked this comment: "I guess they didn’t like her. They really didn’t like her."

"The howling backwoods that is IMDB is where film criticism goes to die (and then have its corpse gang-raped, called a racist, and accused of supporting Al-Qaeda)" ----Sean O'Neal, The Onion AV Club

I read somewhere that Ray R threw out the F bomb so it makes sense that both comments were censored.

How does Ray R dropping the F-bomb make sense of the quote "there would be no goddamned wars in the first place" being censored?

I can't see it. Is it the word "goddamned" that people are having (or would have had) a shit hemorrhage over? Or the entire statement itself? I see absolutely no reason whatsoever why that comment should be censored.

It's bullshit that they even bother to censor in this day and age when you can just pop on the net and get the whole enchilada in its entirety. Hell for that matter, censoring what they don't want people to hear...what "someone" has decided we should NOT hear...only calls attention to it. People who would not have noticed or thought two shits about it are more likely to pay attention now.

It suddenly becomes even more of a "controversy" (the death of free speech and all) than if they had just left it the fuck alone and let it run.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Bronze Member

I loved, loved, loved it when Ryan Seacrest went over to talk about Eva Longoria's clothing and shoes, and then looks up and says, quite sleazily, "Hi, Teri" to Teri Hatcher. It cracked me up! Gotta go look at those pictures of them again.

I never would have expected Kanye West to have a sense of humor about himself.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sv98qwFZ3ds[/YOUTUBE]

Seriously what the hell. No one can swear, no one can be against the war- i thought America was about freedom of speech.

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy
    I liked this comment: "I guess they didn’t like her. They really didn’t like her."
    Thats a good one!

Elite Member DoveFeatheredRaven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PlumbingQueen View Post
    I loved, loved, loved it when Ryan Seacrest went over to talk about Eva Longoria's clothing and shoes, and then looks up and says, quite sleazily, "Hi, Teri" to Teri Hatcher. It cracked me up!
    Yup, that was funny.

It wasn't clear to me that Ray R. had said the F word. They must have really been running on a several second tape delay because they really edited a long portion. If he did use the Effer, then that does make sense. They also edited out Katherine Heigel saying "oh shit" when they announced her name.

That sleazy 'Hi Teri' was to remind us all again that he's straight.

I thought Ryan Seacrest was fine. He's definitely a host and that job fit him. I think the whole "in the round" thing was a bit distracting.

I loved the opening with Brian and Stewie from The Family Guy. Also LOVED the moment with Stephen Colbert, Jon Stewart and Steve Carell.

The Office losing most of their nominations and Gandolfini and Turturro not winning SUCKED.

Quote Originally Posted by KristiB View Post
    I never would have expected Kanye West to have a sense of humor about himself.

[youtube]sv98qwFZ3ds[/youtube]
    lol. i loved it when he looked down and said almost childishly "i never win"...lol

i thought it was even more cool that the Emmy's invited Kanye. Kudos to them.
    "I'll probably just end up in some seedy bar with some seedy blonde"-some random Englishman

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by MrsDark View Post
    How does Ray R dropping the F-bomb make sense of the quote "there would be no goddamned wars in the first place" being censored?

I can't see it. Is it the word "goddamned" that people are having (or would have had) a shit hemorrhage over? Or the entire statement itself? I see absolutely no reason whatsoever why that comment should be censored.

It's bullshit that they even bother to censor in this day and age when you can just pop on the net and get the whole enchilada in its entirety. Hell for that matter, censoring what they don't want people to hear...what "someone" has decided we should NOT hear...only calls attention to it. People who would not have noticed or thought two shits about it are more likely to pay attention now.

It suddenly becomes even more of a "controversy" (the death of free speech and all) than if they had just left it the fuck alone and let it run.
    I agree MD, haven't watched the show though, so I didn't see her comment.

I didn't watch the whole show but i have seen parts of it on the internet. I loved the Kayne West skit and the part where Steve Carrel accepted the award for Ricky Gervais.

And of course me being a huge Lost fan i was sooo happy that Terry O'Quinn finally won an award - its about time aswell!. I thought his speech was really funny and incredibly sweet especially when he mentioned and complimented Michael Emmerson.

I still can't figure out how to post youtube video's here so the link will have to do- YouTube - Terry O'Quinn Wins the Emmy

I have to say I disagree with Sally on the no wars if Moms ran the world thing. In fact, I think there would be way more. I guess she never heard of Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.

Are we forgetting this was on the Fox channel? I mean they don't allow any anti-war propaganda...
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestial View Post
    I also choose to believe the rumors because I am, when it is all said and done, a dirty gossip.

[quote=StayYoung;819773]Seriously what the hell. No one can swear, no one can be against the war- i thought America was about freedom of speech.

It was aired on Fox, give me a break, do you expect anything aired on Fox to be fall under the "freedom of speech" banner? Don't even get me started on Fox News......

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information