Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Break Up

Default The Break Up

Just saw this movie and it was Cute! The relationship seemed so real...everyday problems of most relationships, however carried a bit further. I enjoyed myself and I smell a sequel.

Jen was too tan, too skinny and that great Aniston hair was lacking big time.. Vince is odd looking throughout the entire film...weird hair, hate the nose job. I still can't picture them as a real couple.

Ann Margret plays Jen's mother and she's looking pretty damn good!!!!!

Default Re: The Break Up

Got some pretty bad reviews. I won't be seeing it, maybe on Pay Per View.

I just cannot bring myself to like Jennifer...

SVZ

Me neither, this doesn't seem funny. The only thing that was kinda funny was the gay brother, and that's been done like 4000 times?

It's just Rachel again!

No she didn't play her Rachel charactor...a lot more spirited. I'm not a huge Rachel fan and haven't liked any of her movies so far until this one. I read the bad reviews and was disappointed, but I'm glad I saw it. It was very cute and had a strong supporting cast.

It wasn't as good as I hoped. VV had some good scenes, the funniest being with other characters besides JA. She is just not movie material. Was more serious than I anticipated. Wait for the dvd.

I just saw this tonight and I liked it. I had low expectations going in, cause I read a lot of bad reviews. But I did enjoy it overall. The fighting scenes got tedious and got on my nerves. And it could have been funnier. But there were a lot of funny parts. The chemistry between Jon Favereau and VV was great. And does Vinces' real life brother plays his brother? I thought I saw his name in the credits.

As far as Jen, she did a good job. Looked very skinny and tan and she shows off her ass.

Jen's character is on a bowling team . . . that seems far fetched for someone who is sophisticated and works in an art gallery and dresses like a model. Also, their condo looks way more expensive than the two of those characters could afford.

I have no desire to see this movie. It seems like a warmed-over "War of the Roses".

I thought it was pretty funny, but mostly because of Vince Vaughn....I didnt really like the ending though. And I could have gone without seeing Jen's ass...or her vertebrae...eat a sandwich jen!

Quote Originally Posted by olivia720
    And does Vinces' real life brother plays his brother? I thought I saw his name in the credits.
    Vince's brothers in the movie are played by Vincent D'Onofrio and Cole Hauser. Vince's real life dad plays the dad of Jen's character in the movie, and his real life sister is the associate producer...

I was really disappointed w/this movie. I think I had my expectations built up too high or something, but it just seemed to lack that *spark* for me...and I didn't think it was all that funny.
    Mischief. Mayhem. Tattoos. Soap.

Oooo... I didn't know Cole Hauser was in this. SOLD!

Yeah, helps to have low expectations. If I was expecting a super movie, I would have been disappointed. They marketed the movie as a comedy, but it needed more of that.

I really like Jennifer Aniston but I haven't really liked her movies until the Break-Up.It was a wonderful movie with a lot of truth about realtionships,I went to see it sunday night and it was packed and people were really laughing and at times sad. When the movie ended the all cinema applauded

Didn't find..her funny at all..vince wasn't as annoying..but god his laugh kills me...I loved her gay brother though.
    Life will break you. Nobody can protect you from that, and living alone won't either, for solitude will also break you with its yearning. You have to love. You have to feel. Horrible isn't it? It makes you so vulnerable.

Aniston CANNOT act to save her life! what does anyone see in her?

I saw it and actually really liked it. It's not really a comedy though. So much of their relationship seemed real to me and it mimicked a lot of what my husband and I went through when we were dating. It was just a really interesting look into relationships. Much of the humor was "Chicago humor" too. I saw it in Chicago and the audience seemed to roar with subtle Chicago style jokes (ex: the one about "Pollacks").

I don't want to give anything away but I thought they changed the ending? Didn't test audiences say they wanted to see them together in the end so they went back to Chicago to reshoot?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information