Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So You Think You Can Dance

Hit By Ban Bus!

Default So You Think You Can Dance

Anyone watch this show? I was completely addicted to it last season and have been eagerly anticipating its return. The first show was kinda dull except for that one guy smashing his face into the floor. I think it gets a lot better once they get down to the finalists. I friggin love this show!

SVZ

Default Re: So You Think You Can Dance

Lol I saw the clip of that (the guy smashing his face in to the floor) Don't think I will be watching those...unless I'm realllly bored

Default Re: So You Think You Can Dance

I actually enjoy it more than American Idol. Next week some chick gets so nervous that she pukes on stage. Now that's what I call a reality show!
    Did you know that an anagram for "Conscious Uncoupling" is "Iconic Uncool Pus Guns"? - MohandasKGanja

Default So you think you can dance

This show is better than I thought it would be. The king of swing guy is so awesome! Does anyone have a video of the dance routine he did with his cousin last night?

pretending to be a lurker but I'm not quiet enough

Default Re: So you think you can dance

I've been watching some of this. I was really shocked to find that Benji wasn't gay! (the swing dancer dude) He mentioned having a gf who dumped him and got married etc. I had assumed he was sooooooooooooooo GAY...

If you think it's crazy, you ain't seen a thing. Just wait until we're goin down in flames.

Yeah, when he started crying during that scene it made me cry a little too. I'm not surprised he isn't gay, although I wouldn't be surprised if he was gay either.
    He is kinda sexy.

Quote Originally Posted by moomies
    I've been watching some of this. I was really shocked to find that Benji wasn't gay! (the swing dancer dude) He mentioned having a gf who dumped him and got married etc. I had assumed he was sooooooooooooooo GAY...
    Well we know why she dumped him. I really like this show. I would much rather watch this than American Idol.
    Did you know that an anagram for "Conscious Uncoupling" is "Iconic Uncool Pus Guns"? - MohandasKGanja

Totally got sucked into this show too.

Meryl doesn't even try anymore. She just calls Lanvin and asks for curtains with a belt.~Bitter
    Can we interest you in Leann Rimes? She has a nice little cadre of fans you'd probably enjoy.~ Pecan Pie

I missed the beginning of the show today but it was really fun to watch them couple up and perform a choreographed show. I liked Ben and Ashlee and the 80's disco thing they did, I think they are both good dancers but the actual choreography wasn't up to par IMHO and the judges were a little harsh in blaming the dancers.
    I also liked the Viennese waltz (forgot the dancers' names...) and the manbo, Musa was really entertaining with his facial expressions
    I thought the couple that did the hip hop dance was really bad (Dmitry? and a blonde chick?).

I wish I saw Benji dance, I missed him

If you think it's crazy, you ain't seen a thing. Just wait until we're goin down in flames.

I downloaded the first episode, and this show is lots of fun. Certainly has fewer 'bad audition' than AI, and I was actually shocked at how many crazy talented people got rejected because they could only do one genre (like that B-Boy for whom the rules of gravity didn't seem to apply).

Hit By Ban Bus!

^^Yeah, it's too bad because they are really talented, but there's no way they'll survive the competition if all they can do is one style of dance. Although Jamile last year was exceptional and shocked everyone when he pulled ballroom out of the hat almost every week and did a great job! He ended up coming in what, 3rd place? I have a feeling Musa won't do as well. His feet were practically glued to the floor last night. My favorite so far this year is Travis. I think he's awesome!

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

Default So you think you can dance

I've just gotten sucked into this show in a big, BIG way but have missed most of the second season and all of the first. Anyone know if/where I can buy DVD's? My kids love it as well and want to see more.

Oh, and I realize what an old perv I am because I sporting a major crush on baby-faced Ivan...and this is why:

http://www.gofish.com/userVideoPlaye...fid=30-1043685

Absolutely the most beautiful thing I've ever seen outside my children.
    Last edited by buttmunch; August 9th, 2006 at 09:17 AM.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

we already have a thread on this.

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/tel...can-dance.html

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

Benji is soooo gay, but he's a Mormon saving himself for marriage so hasn't figured it out yet. Give him a few years into a marriage and he'll be out cruising with Tomthumb.

And I am so glad this show has brought out my inner dork.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

I don't watch this show every week but I caught last weeks episode and I really liked the dance all four of them did that was choreographed by Wade Robson.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information