Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Storage Wars

Default Storage Wars

Ok, lets talk about it. I have gotten semi addicted to this show. AND I think I might be a bit in love with Barry. Love that dude. Want to punch the YUP guy in the fucking head repeatedly.

I know I know....I've heard the rumors that its all set up and blah blah blah. But its pretty damn funny sometimes.

Anyone else?

I'm getting to the point where I think all "reality" shows are scripted.

YUP guy I believe is David, who is a huge douche. Purposely driving up the prices of units he knows everyone wants.

I love Jason & Brandy. They seem like a sensible hardworking couple.

Barry... just an aimless rich yuppie. His "tactics" crack me up. Have you seen the one where he brings in psychics? He's always looking for the one big money item, which I think is always his downfall in the end.
    Sugar... The real gateway drug

^^Yea, Barry is funny, but lately seems to be trying a bit too hard. I've watched the show since basically the beginning and its been interesting to see the players change and go in different directions, yet stay the same.

It's good clean fun!

fgg

i saw this but my new favorite is property wars. it's about bidding on foreclosed homes in arizona. they don't know if the house is good inside or completely and utterly trashed.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

^^They don't know what it looks like inside??? YIKES!

fgg

they can only walk around the outside of the house, try to peek in the windows and look over the fence. some of them are gorgeous inside and others are total trash heaps where the former owners spray painted crap on the walls, kicked in the walls and smashed tubs, etc.

there was a 6-8 episode marathon on today and i watched them all

I watched it the first season and about half of the second. It just became to scripted for me and it was noticeable when they were setting things up because of their bad acting. The people on Imdb talked a lot about how it's scripted, how real storage bids go and what stuff you actually get. I do like Barry though, he reminds me of Jack Nicholson mixed with Michael Douglas.

Quote Originally Posted by fgg View Post
    i saw this but my new favorite is property wars. it's about bidding on foreclosed homes in arizona. they don't know if the house is good inside or completely and utterly trashed.
    I watched it once, expecting them to show how they remodeled the house, but they don't show that at all, which sucks.
    Did you know that an anagram for "Conscious Uncoupling" is "Iconic Uncool Pus Guns"? - MohandasKGanja

Love Storage Wars, Barry cracks me up. He's my favorite by far. Cannot stand Dave (YUUUUUUPPPP), Darrell, or Jerrod. Brandi's all right.

Hubby watches it non stop, which means I get sucked it.

There's usually one of these sentences used while watching:

Poor, Barry.
    WTF, Barry?
    Crazy, Barry.

Barry by far is the favorite. BTW, have you checked CelebrityNetWorth to see what the yokels' are worth? I don't know how Barry got so much money.
    Seapharris7 likes this.
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

^^ Barry owed a wholesale produce business with his brother and sold his interest.

fgg

i realized last night that i've watched storage hunters not storage wars until last night. people on both use the same guy to sell to when they have weird stuff.

A former star of the reality series “Storage Wars” is suing its producers and the cable network A&E, claiming the show is rigged and he was fired for complaining about it.

David Hester accused A&E and Original Productions of “salting” storage lockers with valuable items and, in some cases, pumping up the drama by funneling cash to 'weaker' teams to buy lockers they couldn't otherwise afford.

In the show, bands of gonzo treasure hunters bid on abandoned storage lockers in the hopes of finding forgotten valuables, which they then resell.

“The truth, however, is that nearly every aspect of the Series is faked, even down to the plastic surgery that one of the female cast members underwent in order to create more ‘sex appeal’ for the show, the cost of which was paid for by Original,” the lawsuit said.

In one case, Hester claimed the producers planted a BMW beneath piles of garbage in a storage locker.

In another, newspapers announcing Elivs’ death were hidden among the junk.

In some cases, entire units were staged, the suit said.

The producers of the show “salted” the lockers with items from businesses featured on the show, the suit said.

In particular, Hester believed a company called Off the Wall Antiques gave the producers access to warehouses full of rare goodies in exchange for chances to appear on the show, the suit said.

Hester said the producers even asked him for items to plant on one occasion. He complained, and they didn’t ask him again, the suit said.

When Hester told the A&E brass that he refused to participate in the “charade,” he was fired, the suit said.

A&E hasn’t commented.

Dan Dotson, the show’s auctioneer, told TMZ that everything on the series was legit.

“We only sell legitimate units on Storage Wars,” Dotson said. “Every unit goes through a 64-day legal process and no one has access to units prior to auction.”

Read more: 'Storage Wars' star David Hester sues A&E, claiming show is rigged - NY Daily News

Figures Dave would sue.
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

You know, I actually believe Dave Hester. I got the feeling they were putting expensive items in those lockers. I've watched it from day one and it always seemed so fake.

Dave Hester may up bid lockers, but he usually does it to that gross fat ass Darrell Sheets. He is the true douche of the show. Everything he says is stupid, he's rude to his own kid - even when there is absolutely no reason to be and he always over estimates his locker items. The guy could find a plastic button in a storage locker and claim it's worth $5,000. He's an idiot.

It's funny Hester say that about Brandi having plastic surgery because when I saw her, I told my husband she had work done because she definitely looked different. I hate how she always goes to these auctions in frilly little dresses and high heels. Jarrod and those HIDEOUS shorts are laughable, too.
    Callalily likes this.

Silver Member

I totally believe 'YUUUUUUP!' He's such a douche, but hey he was good at it! I stopped watching a long time ago, cause it seemed fake-ish and Brandi irked me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information