Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: AMC Cancels 'The Killing' After Two Seasons

Default AMC Cancels 'The Killing' After Two Seasons

AMC Cancels 'The Killing' After Two Seasons

AMC’s critically acclaimed drama The Killing has been canceled after two seasons.
    “After much deliberation, we’ve come to the difficult decision not to renew The Killing for a third season,” the network said in a statement (via TV Line). “AMC is incredibly proud of the show and is fortunate to have worked with such a talented team on this project, from showrunner Veena Sud and our terrific partners at Fox Television Studios to the talented, dedicated crew and exceptional cast.”
    The Killing starred Mireille Enos and Joel Kinnaman as detectives trying to solve the murder of a teenage girl, a storyline which was wrapped up at the end of the second season.

Celebrity News and Gossip | Just Jared

"Tão estranho carregar uma vida inteira no corpo, e ninguém suspeitar dos traumas, das quedas, dos medos, dos choros."
    Caio Fernando Abreu

Noooooooooooooooo
    I smile because I have no idea what's going on

Damn how will I get my Joel fix now. The fucked up when they made it seem like they were going to solve the Rosie murder at the end of the first season and then didn't.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Hit By Ban Bus!

Gaddammit.

I assumed as much, but thought maybe they could reignite interest in the show with a new plot line. I'm going to miss Joel so much.
    You know, a dozen press agents working overtime can do terrible things to the human spirit. ~Cecil B. DeMille
    Gross, put it away. You could dress beautifully but you gotta be Miss Granny Panty Whore.
    ~Manx Mouse

Life is a hell of a thing to happen to a person.

Noooooooo! Dammit. We get a handful of excellent shows and this is what happens?? Sonofabitch.

Maybe it will come back!

8:12 pm - 08/22/2012 Will "The Killing" Be Resurrected?

The Killing isn’t dead yet.

A month after AMC pulled the plug on the whodunit, two potential suitors with experience bringing axed TV series back to life — Netflix and DirecTV — are in early talks with Fox TV Studios to pick up a third season of the show, multiple sources confirm to TVLine exclusively.

A rep for Netflix declined to comment, while a DirecTV spokesperson said, “We are constantly having conversations about bringing new shows to Audience Network, and we do take a look at everything that is available, but we haven’t made any decisions this summer in regards to new programming.”

This past spring, Netflix — which is behind the second coming of Arrested Development — flirted with acquiring ill-fated dramas The River and Terra Nova. DirecTV, meanwhile, rescued critical darlings Friday Night Lights and Damages from certain death.

In an interview one month before The Killing‘s cancellation, leading man Joel Kinnaman told TVLine that he believed that there was life in the show beyond the Rosie Larsen mystery that dominated the first two seasons. “We’ve invested a lot in these characters and want to see how they continue their journey,” he said. “I feel like Linden and Holder [are] just [getting] started.”

Source

HFT. Reunite Linden and Holder, but don't bring back the Larsen's, Richmond, and Gwen.

Read more at ONTD: Oh No They Didn't!
    Of course I want to see Linden and Holder again, but I'll miss Stan a LOT. I thought he was one of the most complex characters on the show. I also kind of liked Gwen. And both of those people also were also on the X-Files, but that's not why I'm saying any of this.
    You know, a dozen press agents working overtime can do terrible things to the human spirit. ~Cecil B. DeMille
    Gross, put it away. You could dress beautifully but you gotta be Miss Granny Panty Whore.
    ~Manx Mouse

Life is a hell of a thing to happen to a person.

Hit By Ban Bus!

I doubt the leads would agree to do a show that airs on Netflix or DirecTV. Both of them have a lot going on right now. It's just not worth it, and I say that as a huge fan of The Killing.
    Last edited by Sasha; August 23rd, 2012 at 09:20 AM. Reason: wtf spelling

I'm sure they will still get paid and are probably under a contract so if it gets picked up they will be there.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

The writers totally screwed this show. It shouldn't have taken two seasons to solve the Rosie Larson murder.
    Mercer likes this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

I guess in the original it took a full twenty episodes to solve the killing of Rosie Larson. I'm thinking the real difference is that it happened over the course of a season and didnt take a nine month break in between. I think that's a big problem with the shows that air on the cable networks and only have 13 episodes. People want everything to be tied up at the end because it'll be 9 months before they see the show again. It's not like dramas from the networks, where cliffhangers only made you wait through summer.

I would love to see it come back to Directv or Netflix, but they need the budget. Directv has Damages now and it sucks.

Netflix Might Help The Killing Get Third Season
    Reactivate the old Bockmail account and send a complaint e-mail to Netflix, because the streaming site is close to a deal to help revive The Killing. It was reported this summer that both Netflix and DirecTV were looking to revive the Seattle-set show, but the former appears to have "won" out. Netflix would work with AMC to produce a third season of the much loved show. It's a move similar to DirecTV's deal with NBC for Friday Night Lights, but instead of mailing lightbulbs, the show's fans sent flip phones. The good news is at least we'll finally get to learn who killed Rosie Larsen. What? Oh, we already learned last season that it was the aunt? Never mind, then — there's no good news.
    Netflix Might Help The Killing Get Third Season -- Vulture

I'll watch it so I hope it does come back. I love me some Holder for real!

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

I would watch since I got sucked into the show and I'm curious to see what they would do with a 3rd season.
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

Well, I for one will watch. I'm tired of scouring the Olivia Munn threads for Joel K
    gas_chick likes this.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information