Thread: Oprah-Introduces 50 young people

Default Oprah-Introduces 50 young people

ANyone see the show today. It was about the 50 high schoolers that won her essay contest. She introduced thes 2 highschoolers that survived the che girls had thought that her parents were dead until recently. Then voila Oprah miraculously reunited her and her sister with her parents that she had not seen since 1994. I've never cried so much over a show. The whole entire show just made me cry for the whole hour

Silver Member

Default Re: Oprah-Introduces 50 young people

I saw it. Loved the reunion. Would be nice if Oprah did a followup with them to see how it turned out.

The entire show just made me shake my head in disgust that genocide is continuing in this day & age. Wasn't the holocaust (more than) enough to make the rest of the world stand up and prevent this type of thing from happening again? Yet, we've had more than one just in the past decade. I'm glad Oprah isn't letting people bury their heads in the sand and keeps bringing up the topic.

I watched that show and the one the next day. Last night on the Oxygen channel I ran up on Oprah after the show.
    Now, normally I am not a fan of hers, but after the show with Elie Wiesl (sp) and the kids that won the contest, I think I feel a little different about her.
    She actually seemed so personable on the show on Oxygen...
    THE EASIEST WAY OUT IS THROUGH....

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

ANyone see the show today. It was about the 50 high schoolers that won her essay contest. She introduced thes 2 highschoolers that survived the che girls had thought that her parents were dead until recently. Then voila Oprah miraculously reunited her and her sister with her parents that she had not seen since 1994. I've never cried so much over a show. The whole entire show just made me cry for the whole hour
    But how long did Oprah know the parents were alive and keep it from the kids in the name of ratings???
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

Thread Information