Like Tree10Likes
  • 5 Post By levitt
  • 2 Post By Ravenna
  • 1 Post By FashionVictim
  • 1 Post By fgg
  • 1 Post By DeadDwarf

Thread: Scarlett Johansson to be highest paid Hollywood actress with 'Avengers 2'

Default Scarlett Johansson to be highest paid Hollywood actress with 'Avengers 2'

Blonde ambition: Scarlett Johansson set to make history as best paid female actor of all time with £13million deal for Avengers 2

She will soon have three superhero movies under her belt so it's no wonder film producers are keen to get her experience on board for a fourth.
    Scarlett Johansson has reportedly been offered £13million to star in the sequel to Avengers Assemble.
    The monumental fee will make the 27-year-old the highest paid female actor of all time.
    Movie magic: Scarlett Johansson is set to be offered £13million to reprise her role as Natasha Romanoff in Avengers 2

Scarlett, who plays the role of Natasha Romanoff aka Black Widow, is being tempted to star as the character for the the third time in Avengers 2.

More...

The huge fee would eclipse the £12.2million paid to Angelina Jolie for her role in The Tourist, back in 2010.
    Avengers Assemble became the third highest grossing movie in history by taking £936million at the box office, and Scarlett is seen as an integral part of its success.

Super star status: The blonde beauty, pictured on set last week, was sporting her natural hair colour as she filmed Don Jon's Addiction

Top gun: The actor will make history as the highest ever paid female star if she signs on to the sequel

A source told The Sun newspaper: 'Scarlett is the hottest star in Hollywood and her inclusion in the sequel is a must.
    'Producers think that as the only lead woman in the film male fans have found her a key ingredient — both for sex and story appeal. She is loved by critics too.'
    Johansson is the only female member of the Avengers, and she revealed earlier this year how her character can more than measure up to her teammates.
    Holding her own: Scarlett, pictured with Chris Evans dressed as Captain America and Jeremy Renner dressed as Hawkeye, is the only female Avenger member

Giving direction: Joss Whedon chats to Scarlett on set in between scenes while filming The Avengers, earlier this year

She said: 'The other day we were doing this big reveal shot of all the Avengers. Thor has got his hammer, Cap’s got his shield, Hawkeye has his bow and arrow, and Hulk is huge. Then it pans over to me and I’ve got guns.
    'Iron Man’s like, hovering above all of us, ready to go... I was like, ''Joss... um... do I look OK holding these guns?'' and he responded, ''She’s a total bad-ass. She’s a killing machine''.'
    Scarlett has already appeared in Iron Man 2, but she is also due to star in Hancock 2 and Nick Fury.
    Iron Man star Robert Downey Jr, and THor actor Chris Hemsworth are also reported to have been offered 50 per cent pay rises for the sequel.

"Tão estranho carregar uma vida inteira no corpo, e ninguém suspeitar dos traumas, das quedas, dos medos, dos choros."
    Caio Fernando Abreu

This pains me.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Wait....what?? A Nick Fury movie?? Why have I not heard of this? Now I'm all discombobulated. That MUST be a mistake on their part.

I am indifferent with her playing Black Widow. Meh. I think it's fucking ridiculous that she is getting that much money with the amount of time she is on screen. Eh, they made more than they thought on the first one, so they should spread the wealth to the actors that made that movie great.

I'm going to go and see what the hell the article was talking about with Nick Fury??
    ~Madness, as you know, is like gravity. All it takes is a little push.

I like her better than Kristen Stewart, so I'm pleased she makes more money than her :p

That being said, I think her salary, and that of a lot of actors and actresses are on the verge of obscene. I can understand the huuuuuuuuge amount of money for sportsmen whose careers are generally short, but last I checked actors could act till they're pretty old, and on second thoughts, I think sportsmen are paid way too much as well.

Come on, £13 million when you're already lucky enough to have a fantastic job, that's obscene.
    Fluctuat nec mergitur
    Paris, Nov 13th

^^ VERGE of obscene?!! I think it's so far past the verge it's creating a second verge and it's throwing itself off that one too
    Ain't nothing wrong with Ohio wang! - MontanaMama

This is ridiculous even by Hollywood standards because it's an ensemble cast, not a single star vehicle. Few people will be seeing this film just because Scarlett Johansson is in it.
    gardenwitch and Waterslide like this.

She's no beauty and her acting is flat.
    Jadestone likes this.

I'd love to know what her male counterparts are making. She should probably earn an amount between Hawkeye and SLJackson.

This movie made a billion dollars. A BILLION dollars. Her salary is a drop in the bucket.

fgg

i bet the guys in the movie are making a shit ton more than what she's been offered.
    Waterslide likes this.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Quote Originally Posted by fgg View Post
    i bet the guys in the movie are making a shit ton more than what she's been offered.
    I hope so because she just sucks. They need more female superheroes, but they should find good actresses to play them.
    gardenwitch likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenna View Post
    Few people will be seeing this film just because Scarlett Johansson is in it.
    I'm gonna see it EVEN THOUGH she is in it.

Quote Originally Posted by levitt View Post
    ^^ VERGE of obscene?!! I think it's so far past the verge it's creating a second verge and it's throwing itself off that one too

Fluctuat nec mergitur
    Paris, Nov 13th

Thread Information