Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: 12 Reasons Why “Magic Mike” Is Truly The Best Movie Of The Summer

Default 12 Reasons Why “Magic Mike” Is Truly The Best Movie Of The Summer

12 Reasons Why "Magic Mike" Is Truly The Best Movie Of The Summer

1. All expected stripper archetypes are explored.

View this image ›

"There's some leather chaps, there might be a fireman or two, a policeman's outfit — you know, the staples," Channing Tatum said on the Today show. Evidently also: soldiers!
    Source: comingsoon.net

2. It's patriotic.

View this image ›

Uncle Sam or Uncle EIGHT PACK?

3. It has the potential to inspire a shirtless vest-wearing fashion craze.

View this image ›

View this image ›

Matthew McConaughey does a particularly spectacular job with this look.

4. Joe Manganiello humped everything when he went back to the "True Blood" set.

View this image ›

Joe told E!, "There was a week on [the True Blood] set where Steven [Moyer], Anna [Paquin] and Alex [Skarsgård] and I were working together and we were humping chairs, humping the trashcans. We were humping everything in sight on set. It become a huge joke to the point that I was skipping onto the set and saying, 'Did somebody order a werewolf?'"
    Source: filmofilia.com

5. The cast members have to show female morning television hosts their stripper moves.

View this embed ›
    Joe showed Kathy Lee and Hoda his body rolls (apparently there are two main kinds).

View this image ›

Source: msnbcmedia.msn.com

6. Joe also helped Channing Tatum introduce a "Magic Mike" flash mob on the "Today" show.

View this embed ›

7. If the movie goes to Broadway, Alex Pettyfer might convince the cast to perform the opening.

View this image ›

One of the film's producers, Reid Carolin, told USA Today, "We are working on it as a Broadway show, which would be a different story... more of a romp, more of a fun night out at a club with a story. I'm almost more excited about that than the movie because I think it's the perfect thing for women to go see on Broadway, to be participants in the show." Alex said he would do the show, adding, "I think we should all do the opening night."
    Source: cityofbonesmovie.com

8. It inspires great bad puns.

View this image ›

Director Steven Soderbergh said at the L.A. premiere, "This move is shown in 'guyMAX."
    Source: moviehouston.com

9. Contrary to appearances, it has plot points.

View this image ›

Boston.com, which headlined its review, "Substance, sex appeal mix in 'Magic Mike'," sums them up: "They go thong shopping. They rehearse their routines. They lift weights backstage. And they count their dollar bills when '‘It’s Raining Men’' has stopped blaring from the sound system and their work is done." So a brain vacation, this is not.
    Source: mtv.com

10. "'The tassels were my favorite,' Tatum said of a specific detail on one of McConaughey's thongs."

View this embed ›
    In this spectacular MTV.com interview, Channing claims his stripper costumes are "normal" and not "the kinda iconic stripper things."
    (Also — and this is really sweet — they said they kept all their costumes because, "We have wives.")

View this image ›

11. "'I only do a [butt] clap for jewelry and a hundred-dollar bill,' cracked Tatum about his infamous dance move. 'I'm from the South, we can all make it clap in the South.'"

View this image ›

He told E!, "In the South you just sort of dance like that...It's a huge Latin community, and when you have booty music, that's how you all get to know each other, you know, in high school. When you grow up in Florida, between 13 and 15, you're always going to a birthday party for someone that is of Latin descent, and it's all [dance-oriented], and I just got tired of being the tall skinny white kid. I couldn't talk to girls and I couldn't dance, so I eventually figured one out."
    Source: bestmoviesevernews.com

12. Channing Tatum: “Sometimes a thong completely betrays you.”

View this image ›

He added, "[But] if everyone is dressed in a thong pretty much any conversation is going to be funny … It’s only weird if you make it weird."
    Matthew McConaughey explained, "It’s a huge leap of faith to trust a thong... It’s your only protection up on stage. When I first tried it on, my body contorted. And I tried to get myself into every position to see what angles I was covering."
    And Joe Manganiello adds, “It’s hard to take yourself seriously with an American flag thong on with a strategically placed sparkler on the end of it... Honestly, the hardest part of this movie was biting the inside of my mouth to keep from laughing, especially watching Matthew in a yellow Spandex top and tiny bike shorts, grinding on Alex Pettyfer in front of the mirror.”

The girls and I are going to see this on the 3rd. Drunk. CanNOT wait!
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

I needed this movie to happen. My body is ready.
    hustle4alivin and mjw like this.
    (276): Michelle Duggar likes to fuuuuck
    OK, I can't sing, I can't act, I'm dumb, I'm a hillbilly, but I can twerk, so whatever.-Miley Cyrus

I'm trying to get a gathering of my fellow gay friends to get drunk and go watch this this coming up weekend too, it should be a barrel of laughs.
    Seapharris7 likes this.

I love the preview where he says "I see some law breakahs in heah" which sounds just like every male relative I have! Nary a stripper in the bunch.
    Bluebonnet likes this.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

13. Matt Bomer.

yeah yeah I know he doesn't play for my team but so what....
    Beeyotch likes this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

We are having girls night Friday, complete with drinks ahead of time. I'll let you know how it goes!
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

fgg

^we're doing that too. can't wait!
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Like I needed 12 reasons.

This movie looks like a male version of Showgirls, but I think it's going to do really well despite that. And I think Channing Tatum is such a butterface and a poor actor, but that doesn't matter when it's a movie with strippers.
    hustle4alivin and Seapharris7 like this.

^^ "Showgirls" is a trashtastic, campy mess and a guilty pleasure for me. I did hate one particular scene (and if any of you ever seen it, you know which one I'm talking about), but a topless Elizabeth Berkley wearing a leopard mini and thigh high boots whooping ass getting revenge was one of the most unintentionally funny scenes I've ever seen. Even funnier when VH1 covers her titties with a CGI halter top. And Gina Gershon played a nice-nasty bitch-on-wheels quite well. Anyway, I don't think Magic Mike will be a match for that, but I'm just going for the eye candy. Channing Tatum isn't aging well and he can get paunchy pretty easily, so he's doing this in the nick of time.
    Seapharris7, Laurent and BITTER like this.

I always thought Channing Tatum was kind of weird looking, but then someone here once posted this....

Now it's ALL I see when I see his face or hear his name.

Quote Originally Posted by hustle4alivin View Post
    ^^ "Showgirls" is a trashtastic, campy mess and a guilty pleasure for me. I did hate one particular scene (and if any of you ever seen it, you know which one I'm talking about), but a topless Elizabeth Berkley wearing a leopard mini and thigh high boots whooping ass getting revenge was one of the most unintentionally funny scenes I've ever seen. Even funnier when VH1 covers her titties with a CGI halter top. And Gina Gershon played a nice-nasty bitch-on-wheels quite well. Anyway, I don't think Magic Mike will be a match for that, but I'm just going for the eye candy. Channing Tatum isn't aging well and he can get paunchy pretty easily, so he's doing this in the nick of time.

Oh man, I could have written this post! I totally agree with you, especially the vh1 fake bras, lol. I think you are right about Channing too, he better cash in now!
    hustle4alivin likes this.

...and the gay gaggle is ON! We even decided to go to one of those theaters that sell booze and "real" food on-site so we can get good and tipsy during the movie. I'll let y'all know how it goes!
    greysfang likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by hustle4alivin View Post
    That one scene is seared into my mind. I'd rather not revisit it ever.
    hustle4alivin likes this.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information