Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Watching Old TV Shows on Netflix

Default Watching Old TV Shows on Netflix

We don't have cable so I love watching entire seasons of shows I've never seen before. It takes me a while since i don't have much time, but it is so much fun.

I just started "Father Ted", a show from the UK with mostly all Irish actors. I'm 29 and in the US, so I wasn't really aware off it when it was on.

I love it and wish it lasted more than 3 seasons (series). Shame about Dermot, but I have a major crush on Ardal O'Hanlon.

Anyone else love this show or others on netflix?
    "Cake is the language of love" - Dylan Moran

I watched the first two seasons of Thirtysomething. I didn't go on to the 3rd and 4th seasons because episodes are missing and I am waiting for them to be added. Judging from comments in the comment section, I have the feeling I might be waiting a long time.

I've watched The L Word several times. I would be over the moon if they'd get Queer As Folk (which was so much better!).

Currently, I am working my way through The X Files.

I noticed not long ago that our Neflix had The Duchess of Duke Street, a UK program that I remember watching when I was younger. I should look and see if it's still there. They have the old Canadian Degrassi series, too, which I also watched way back when. In the '80s, Degrassi was considered a groundbreaking program. I told my daughter she should check it out because she watches the newer series. It might be fun to compare them.

Love Father Ted! I also enjoyed a couple of Graham Linehan's other shows, Black Books and The IT Crowd. Don't know anything about Netflix though apart from having tried it once and none of the shows I wanted to watch were current. If something's on its 10th season, why is the latest stuff they've got from the fourth season? Cancelled membership.
    "If you are not outraged, then you are not paying attention," Heather Heyer's facebook quote.

I LOVE Netflix!!

I'll check out the IT crowd when I finish Father Ted. I wish they would add Queer as Folk, but then again, I'd probably never be seen again by my friends and family!
    "Cake is the language of love" - Dylan Moran

aabbcc, I watched all the X-Files last year, and now I'm watching through them again. I would love it if they had the old Degrassi, but I never saw it on Netflix.

I have a few other shows I want to watch that I hadn't gotten a chance to see when they were on. I'm re-watching a lot of stuff like Downton Abbey, Upstairs Downstairs. Father Ted is also on my list.

The TV shows seem better than the movies. Every time I want to watch a movie streaming, they don't have it. It doesn't matter what it is, it just isn't there. I know the business went through a lot of changes, but it's not as good as it used to be.
    You know, a dozen press agents working overtime can do terrible things to the human spirit. ~Cecil B. DeMille
    Gross, put it away. You could dress beautifully but you gotta be Miss Granny Panty Whore.
    ~Manx Mouse

Life is a hell of a thing to happen to a person.

Quote Originally Posted by Waterslide View Post
    aabbcc, I watched all the X-Files last year, and now I'm watching through them again. I would love it if they had the old Degrassi, but I never saw it on Netflix.
    I don't where you are, Waterslide, but I think the content for the US and Canada are different. I am in Canada and the Canadian Netflix has Degrassi Junior High and Degrassi High. But, obviously, that's no good for you if you are in the States.

Quote Originally Posted by aabbcc View Post
    I don't where you are, Waterslide, but I think the content for the US and Canada are different. I am in Canada and the Canadian Netflix has Degrassi Junior High and Degrassi High. But, obviously, that's no good for you if you are in the States.
    damn! That is so unfair. lol Now that I think about it, I could probably go order it anyway. I miss that show.
    You know, a dozen press agents working overtime can do terrible things to the human spirit. ~Cecil B. DeMille
    Gross, put it away. You could dress beautifully but you gotta be Miss Granny Panty Whore.
    ~Manx Mouse

Quote Originally Posted by FashionVictim View Post
    We don't have cable so I love watching entire seasons of shows I've never seen before. It takes me a while since i don't have much time, but it is so much fun.

I just started "Father Ted", a show from the UK with mostly all Irish actors. I'm 29 and in the US, so I wasn't really aware off it when it was on.

I love it and wish it lasted more than 3 seasons (series). Shame about Dermot, but I have a major crush on Ardal O'Hanlon.

Anyone else love this show or others on netflix?
    I flove Father Ted! I used to watch it all the time on BBC America and I have series 2 on DVD and I plan to someday get the full boxset. I didn't know Netflix had it, or I might check it out.

I usually resist watching TV shows on there, because I usually torrent them, but I have a friend who kept nagging me to watch The IT Crowd and I recently gave in and had a marathon and watched the whole thing on Netflix. Loved it! Nothing will displace Father Ted in my affections, though.

The other thing I watched on Netflix was Shaun the Sheep (from the Wallace & Gromit creator, I think?), but they only had season 1 (and according to tv.com there was one episode they didn't include).

Like twitchy, I highly recommend Black Books, although series 3 just wasn't as funny to me.

I usually watch movies on Netflix, but I am jonesing for some X-Files, and according to instantwatcher they have ST: TNG, so maybe I should stop being resistant.
    Get it together Us weekly. And that statement by “Kristen” um obviously wasn’t her. any fan, stan, stalker, kstew role player can tell right away that isn’t her. - a Twihard

Hit By Ban Bus!

Aww, I love Father Ted. I'll have to check out Black Books.

Do they have SOAP? I would totally watch that with my kids.
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

Netflix Canada does!

Quote Originally Posted by FashionVictim View Post
    I'll check out the IT crowd when I finish Father Ted. I wish they would add Queer as Folk, but then again, I'd probably never be seen again by my friends and family!
    man i loved Queer as Folk.

I watch the Dick Van Dyke show on Netflix (and METV a relatively new channel that plays a lot of old TV shows)
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    Love Father Ted! I also enjoyed a couple of Graham Linehan's other shows, Black Books and The IT Crowd. Don't know anything about Netflix though apart from having tried it once and none of the shows I wanted to watch were current. If something's on its 10th season, why is the latest stuff they've got from the fourth season? Cancelled membership.
    Black Books is fucking hilarious. I love it, it's genius. I've wanted to see Father Ted for ages now but haven't had the chance.

Black Adder is also on Netflix. Love that one! Netflix was also how I got to see Little Britain, but that's not streaming anymore. I'll check out Black Books someway somehow.
    ~Manx Mouse

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information