Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By Kat Scorp
  • 1 Post By Laurent
  • 2 Post By Tiny Pixie

Thread: Sweet merciful fuck: Twilight movies to be rebooted ALREADY

Thumbs down Sweet merciful fuck: Twilight movies to be rebooted ALREADY

Most major studios have a lifetime of endless superhero moneymakers or a backlog of famous properties to continuing mining from. For the relatively young Lionsgate theyve found success this year with The Hunger Games and with a recent merge with Summit Entertainment, a certain vampire saga. While it may be difficult to believe, according to the usually trustworthy Bloody Disgusting, the studio is reportedly considering a reboot of their massively popular Twilight franchise.

Although it has only been a little less than four years since the first movie starring Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson landed on screen, Summit Entertainment has seen much success with the original film as well as its sequels, the fifth and final of which is coming out this fall. Rumor has it that Lionsgate, who bought Summit back in January for $412.5 million in cash and stock, will be in serious discussions regarding the future of the Stephenie Meyer vampire/werewolf franchise when the fifth anniversary swings around.
    While the BD article claims that the reboot will happen (possibly in the form of a direct remake, spin-off or one-off sequel), its still far too early to tell. Lionsgate, who have turned to Tyler Perry and the Saw franchise in the last decade, is now seeing new success thanks to the aforementioned acquisition of Summit and the popular Hunger Games franchise. Does it really need a Twilight reboot? Probably not. Will that rumor exist for a little while longer? Of course.

Considering how money-hungry studios can be, its not an impossible occurence (the upcoming Spider-Man, Superman, and planned Batman reboots all attest to this fact). But consider this nightmarish scenario a bad dream until we actually hear from Lionsgate. Personally, Im not putting any stock in the idea of Bella Swan returning to swoon over her vampire boyfriend on the big screen post-November 12.

In the meantime, The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 2 will hit theaters November 16th, 2012.

Lionsgate Rumored To Reboot ‘Twilight’ Franchise
    are you for fucking real? Jesus.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

No No No noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

I HATE Stephanie Fucking Meyers and wish her a painful existence Fucking Twilight argh
    What do we want?
    EVIDENCE BASED SCIENCE
    When do we want it?
    AFTER PEER REVIEW

I already know which of my acquaintances will be losing their shit on FB and buying advance tickets.
    nancydrew likes this.
    What are you looking at, sugar-tits? - Mel Gibson

I hate Twilight with such a passion that if I could time travel, I'd seriously consider killing Stephenie Meyer BEFORE killing Hitler or Mussolini or Staline or any other tyrant.
    sputnik and Kat Scorp like this.
    Fluctuat nec mergitur
    Paris, Nov 13th

Can't help but to wonder if the reboot will be launched with Midnight Sun (finished as a screenplay) - same stuff but different POVs.

I like Twilight and even I think this is toooooo much.

I blame "The Incredible Hulk". Made in 2003, and pointlessly rebooted in 2008.

Don't the powers that be already know that Twilight was a reboot (ripoff) of Queen of the Damned? It's not like I need to see it again for the 3rd time....

Thread Information