Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: History Channel's Hatfields and McCoys

Cool History Channel's Hatfields and McCoys

OK, who watched?

Lifetime is showing it, too.

Kevin Costner and Bill Paxton are both great in this!

I watched. It was a good series.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by CornFlakegrl View Post
    I watched. It was a good series.
    I just saw it's the highest rated/most-watched miniseries EVAR on any cable network.

'Hatfields & McCoys' makes ratings history for History Channel

By Rick Porter

May 29, 2012 4:58 PM ET

Follow @Zap2itRick on Twitter | Google

The History Channel miniseries "Hatfields & McCoys" scored huge ratings Monday night (May 28), drawing the channel's biggest audience ever and one of the biggest in the history of cable TV.

Part one of the three-night miniseries, which chronicles the infamous 19th century feud between two families, drew 13.9 million viewers. That was the biggest audience of the night on all of television by a wide margin -- the closest competitor, "America's Got Talent" on NBC, averaged just over 10 million people.

The History channel also says that excluding sports, "Hatfields & McCoys" is also the most-watched single broadcast on ad-supported cable ever, which isn't quite true: A 1993 edition of "Larry King Live" featuring Al Gore and Ross Perot debating NAFTA drew more than 16 million viewers. (A History rep says its figures date back to the channel's founding in 1996.)

The previous record for non-sports/non-news program on cable, incidentally, belonged to TNT's 2001 movie "Crossfire Trail," which drew 12.5 million viewers.

Regardless of where "Hatfields and McCoys" may fall in the all-time cable rankings, it's still a huge audience. The miniseries also drew strong demographic numbers, scoring 5.8 million viewers among adults 25-54 and 4.8 million in adults 18-49.

"Hatfields and McCoys," which stars Kevin Costner, Bill Paxton, Tom Berenger, Mare Winningham, Matt Barr, Jena Malone and Powers Boothe, continues Tuesday and Wednesday night on History.

'Hatfields & McCoys' makes ratings history for History Channel - From Inside the Box - Zap2it

i watched it and enjoyed it. Kevin and Bill's facial hair was so obviously fake, but i got past that.

Well done.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

I wanted to watch it and kept missing it. I hope they re-run it and I can catch it from the beginning. Every time I hear it's on, it's already started and I hate to jump in it in the middle and try to catch up.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

I caught the fist episode and all but the last hour of the second I'm hoping I can catch the rest it was a pretty good series so far
    Silly bitches, twitchy links are NOT for kids!-Mel

I can't believe that the History Channel actually aired something related to history.
    As Canadian as possible under the circumstances

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What's traitors, precious?" -- President Gollum

I thought it was excellent. I TiVo'd it and watched the whole thing all the way through one night. I loved the "historical" aspect of seeing how people lived, not all that long ago. What a hard life people lived. Mrs. McCoy had 16 kids at one point before a number of them died/were killed. This was just typical for the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Quazar View Post
    I thought it was excellent. I TiVo'd it and watched the whole thing all the way through one night. I loved the "historical" aspect of seeing how people lived, not all that long ago. What a hard life people lived. Mrs. McCoy had 16 kids at one point before a number of them died/were killed. This was just typical for the time.
    the Hatfields had 16 kids too.

Everyone drinks all the time. They wouldn't have half the issues they did if everyone wasn't drunk all the time, and possessed guns at the same time!
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

I watched it and it was awesome. One of the best things I have seen on a TV in a long, long time.
    (276): Michelle Duggar likes to fuuuuck
    OK, I can't sing, I can't act, I'm dumb, I'm a hillbilly, but I can twerk, so whatever.-Miley Cyrus

My husband TiVo'd this and we have watched the first two. So far so good!
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Elite Member

I watched it. Thought it was very good. I couldn't get over the fact that if all the cousins and uncles and cousins of cousins would have just minded their own business and kept the disagreement between Devil Anse and Randall, there wouldn't have been such a huge feud.

Watched it, loved it - have it DVR'd and also have ordered the DVD (which comes out July 31, it looks like)! Kevin Costner does well with those Westerns but Tom Berenger OWNED that shit!
    nancydrew and tulip like this.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(•_•)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

It was great. Loved how it stuck to the story. Tom Berenger was the shit but man I was sad seeing what he looks like now. That man was fine.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

I watched this while I was in the hospital, I loved it. This movie is even better while high on dilaudid!
    Bluebonnet likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information