Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: The Bachelorette - Emily Maynard's Season

Default The Bachelorette - Emily Maynard's Season

Is anyone else watching?

I'm not an Emily fan and I don't think she ever should have been cast as the Bachelorette in the first place, so this season isn't as enjoyable for me. Supposedly Ricki's grandparents (Ricky Hendrick's parents) are livid about her doing this show again and putting Ricki on it.

What does everyone think about this season so far?

I watched the first episode and was underwhelmed. I forgot to DVR last night's ep and I'm not that sad about it. Not sure if I want to give her my attention but I usually get sucked into these shows...
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestial View Post
    I also choose to believe the rumors because I am, when it is all said and done, a dirty gossip.

I didn't even know it was on. I can't stand this chick, though, so I probably wouldn't have watched anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by southernbelle View Post
    Supposedly Ricki's grandparents (Ricky Hendrick's parents) are livid about her doing this show again and putting Ricki on it.
    who?
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

I'm watching. I haven't watched a Bachelor/ette in years, but I know one of the guys so I have to watch. I grew up across the street from Tony.

Emily is okay, but I've read a lot of negatives about her. People apparently don't like her at all. 2 hours is pretty long, it's quite a commitment when you don't have DVR (boo).

I thought Ryan was ok until the produced a 7 page letter. What the hell did he say in there that took up 7 pages! He hardly knows her. If I was Emily I would have been totally creeped out by that.

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    who?
    Emily has a six year old daughter, Ricki. Ricki's father, Ricky Hendrick, was a NASCAR driver who was killed in a plane crash. After he died, Emily found out that she was pregnant with his daughter. His parents, the Hendricks, are very wealthy and have supposedly been bankrolling Emily and Ricki since Ricky's death. I have heard reports that they did not want Emily doing this show again or involving their granddaughter in it, and that they have threatened to (or maybe already have) financially cut her off because of it.

^^^^
    i don't know who these people are and, as stupid as going on the bachelorette is, it's not illegal. it's not like she's out stripping or working as a call girl bringing clients home to meet her kid. if the dead baby daddy's parents want to give her money to support their grandkid that's fine, but it doesn't give them the right to dictate what the kid's mother does with her life.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

I can see their point in not wanting their six year old grandchild and the sob story of Ricky's death splashed all over the TV so Emily can extend her 15 minutes of fame. Nor would I be crazy about the idea of her bringing yet another man (or 25 of them) into Ricki's life for a TV show. If Ricki meets/is encouraged to bond with anyone other than the final guy, I think that's inappropriate. I don't think that they can dictate what she does, but if they are the ones paying the bills and they're under no legal obligation to do so, I think they can certainly say that if she's going to continue to pursue this against their wishes, they're not going to keep bankrolling her posh lifestyle.

Hit By Ban Bus!

I have not watched one season of The Bachelor or The Bachelorette. I am proud of this for some strange reason.

Quote Originally Posted by BoogsBun View Post
    I have not watched one season of The Bachelor or The Bachelorette. I am proud of this for some strange reason.
    neither have i. the most i've endured is 5 minutes of it here and there when i was living in canada and my roommate would flip channels during ads.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    neither have i. the most i've endured is 5 minutes of it here and there when i was living in canada and my roommate would flip channels during ads.
    I will admit, that I was totally hooked on the first season of Joe Millionaire. I thought that show was the shit.
    southernbelle and greysfang like this.

Quote Originally Posted by BoogsBun View Post
    I will admit, that I was totally hooked on the first season of Joe Millionaire. I thought that show was the shit.
    Ummm...because it was the shit! I loved that show!

This chic has had some type of plastic surgery done to her face since the last time she was on the Bachelor and i just can't put my finger on it. Her teeth or her nose maybe? I googled pics of her from when she was with Ricky and she definitely looks totally different. But she's had even more done since Brad. Nothing about Emily has ever struck me as sincere. I've always thought she was just trying to be famous.
    southernbelle and card like this.

This chick has had a TON of plastic surgery. She's unrecognizable as the girl in her high school yearbook photo. The obvious tweaks are the breast implants, blepharoplasty, and veneers. I'm sure that's not all she's had done, though.

Before:

Now:

If it's the baby daddy's parents that have been bankrolling her lifestyle that makes total sense. I couldn't figure out how she has this really nice house as a single mom, unless she had got life insurance or something.

Wow, she really does look different. Even from the Bachelor season. Couldn't pinpoint, but yeah, now that you mention it.....

@dolem, Tony seems like a nice guy.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information