Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Tom Cruise: Replacing Hugh Jackman as Van Helsing

Default Tom Cruise: Replacing Hugh Jackman as Van Helsing

Tom Cruise's Next Mission: Replacing Hugh Jackman in Van Helsing Reboot!

Today 8:20 AM PDT by Gina Serpe

Universal Pictures; Jeffrey Ufberg/WireImage

Tom Cruise has some big shoes to fill. Some big, thickly accented, monster-hunting shoes.
    Universal announced this week that the A-lister is attached to take the lead in a reboot of the previously Hugh Jackman-starring Van Helsing, which is one of several films on the studio's production slate. Thanks to his foray into Anne Rice territory, Cruise is no stranger to a big-screen bloodsucker, but going from vampire to vampire slayer? Now that's range.
    This time around, to ensure that Cruise's incarnation fares better than Jackman's, the gothic reimagining is bringing in the big guns, enlisting the help of a couple of guys who know a thing or two about franchises.

The reboot came about as a result of a two-year production deal Universal signed with writers Alex Kurtzman and Roberto Orci, two names eminently familiar to movie geeks enthusiasts.
    The writing team is not only the brain trust behind the forthcoming Star Trek 2, but also Transformers and Mission Impossible: III, where they previously teamed with Cruise. The dynamic duo was also recently brought in by Sony to give a once-over to the script for the sequel to The Amazing Spider-Man.
    In other words, they know what they're doing. Which is good news for their Van Helsing cohorts, Cruise included: While Jackman's stab at the slayer grossed more than $300 million worldwide, it wasn't exactly heralded as a creative masterpiece.
    Show us what you can do, gentlemen.

"Tão estranho carregar uma vida inteira no corpo, e ninguém suspeitar dos traumas, das quedas, dos medos, dos choros."
    Caio Fernando Abreu

But the first one sucked.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Yep I only watched it because of Hugh Jackman.
    darksithbunny likes this.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

I heard he only took the role because they promised him the new villains would be psychiatrists and pharmacists. And glib morning show hosts.

Hugh was the one good thing about this movie and they intend to make another one without him?
    I don't care about this reboot thing, what they need to do is keep Hugh and hire someone capable to write the script.
    Fluctuat nec mergitur
    Paris, Nov 13th

That is bullshit!!! I loved Van Helsing and Hugh and Kate in the movie. It is 90 minutes of fun and make believe. Tom will fuck it up for sure! I wish Hugh would do it if they are making another one.

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    But the first one sucked.
    I only made it a far as the first few minutes because it sucked so hard. This will be a million times worse.
    As Canadian as possible under the circumstances

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What's traitors, precious?" -- President Gollum

Hit By Ban Bus!

If they are doing a reboot of the series why don't they get someone younger than TC? Someone who won't look like a stringy old Pee Paw before 2 or 3 sequels can play out?

Not that I give a shit about these movies I just like ragging on the Midget.

Chris Hemsworth/Thor would be good.

The first was garbage. A steaming hot pile of garbage. I dont think Tom Cruise can make it any worse than it already was.

boo!

Default You have got to be kidding.

Tommygirl has ruined several other movies I thought were great (except for him).

Maybe it's just moi, but I think he's a horrible actor and personally annoying.

No, it's not just you.
    As Canadian as possible under the circumstances

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What's traitors, precious?" -- President Gollum

Tom can't pull off tough guy or super hero. Hell,..I saw an ad for a movie he is doing, and he is playing a rock star. What a joke. His career has tanked and this guy just needs to go the fuck away!!!

Peter Cushing is and always was van Helsing....once he was dead, then I could kind of get my head around Anthony Hopkins.....Hugh Jackman wasn't very good...but Tom Cruise?......

***unleashes the undead and sicks them on Cruise***...oh, wait...he likes being sucked by zombies or he wouldn't have married Katie**

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information