Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: MGM Formally Offers Lead Remake Of Stephen King’s ‘Carrie’ To Chloe Moretz

Default MGM Formally Offers Lead Remake Of Stephen King’s ‘Carrie’ To Chloe Moretz

MGM Formally Offers Lead Remake Of Stephen King’s ‘Carrie’ To Chloe Moretz

After meeting and reading a group of young actresses for Carrie, MGM, Screen Gems and director Kim Peirce have made their decision and made the formal offer today to Chloe Moretz. If negotiations work out, she’ll play the title role in the remake of the Brian DePalma original that was based on the 1974 Stephen King bestseller. She’s expected to play the shy high school student Carrie White, who is raised by a nightmarish religious fanatic mother, and comes to grip with devastating telepathic powers just as she reaches puberty. She eventually uses those gifts for lethal means when fellow classmates use the prom as an excuse to humiliate her before the entire school in a parable about bullying. Sissy Spacek played the character in the first movie, with Piper Laurie playing her mother, and Amy Irving, Nancy Allen, John Travolta, Betty Buckley and William Katt rounding out the cast. Both Spacek and Laurie got Oscar nominations for their work in the 1976 film.

The studio and Peirce have been meeting with actresses for the past two weeks. Word all along was that while names like Dakota Fanning were circulating, Peirce and the studio had an eye on Moretz. The studio denied it at the time, but what actually happened is, Moretz didn’t meet with Peirce until last weekend. She got the job immediately. Moretz, who first came on with performances in Kick-Ass, (500) Days Of Summer and Let Me In, is at the top of the crop of young actresses. Coming off Martin Scorsese’s Hugo, her next major film is the Tim Burton-directed Dark Shadows with Johnny Depp. She’s repped by WME and 3 Arts. Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa wrote the script.
    Insiders said that once they make Moretz’s deal, they will focus on landing the psycho mom and supporting cast and they will shoot this year.
    Chloe Moretz Cast In 'Carrie' Movie -- MGM Offers Lead Role In Remake Of Stephen King Classic

"Tão estranho carregar uma vida inteira no corpo, e ninguém suspeitar dos traumas, das quedas, dos medos, dos choros."
    Caio Fernando Abreu

This will be at least her second mediocre remake..... (the first one being "Let the Right One In")

Why, why, why??? Once again, are there no more ideas out there? Nothing original? Man, it takes nothing to make it in Hollywood now.
    rockchick likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    This will be at least her second mediocre remake..... (the first one being "Let the Right One In")
    Wasn't she also in the Amityville Horror remake with Ryan Reynolds?

Quote Originally Posted by southernbelle View Post
    Wasn't she also in the Amityville Horror remake with Ryan Reynolds?
    My bad! She was. Clearly, this portends ominous things for the Carrie remake....

I don't think that counts, she was like 5 or 6 at the time.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

And Carrie already had a crappy remake like 10 years ago.

I thought that was just a crappy sequel. This should not be made. ugh.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

There was both. The Rage was the 1999 sequel and there was a 2002 remake.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurent View Post
    And Carrie already had a crappy remake like 10 years ago.
    That's what I was thinking...how many times are they going to remake this damn movie?
    monk likes this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Elite Member

My name is Carrie and I kind of look like Sissy Spacek so I kind of wish everything about this movie would go die in a fire.
    monk likes this.

There was a shitty TV-movie remake with a ridiculous ending tacked on to the end where Carrie survives...
    Good luck getting a cat to do anything let alone join in on your sexcapades. - Air Quotes

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, the original was great in its tackiness. (and I'm glad I didn't see the apparently already existing remake).
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

Huge mistake.

Carrie is one of the better King film adaptations, with some really great acting. Piper Laurie was brilliant.

They shoul make over movies that didn't get it right the first time instead of good ones.
    It's no longer a dog whistle, it's a fucking trombone

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    Huge mistake.

Carrie is one of the better King film adaptations, with some really great acting. Piper Laurie was brilliant.

They shoul make over movies that didn't get it right the first time instead of good ones.
    SO true.
    And I believe most of the film versions of King's books are awful to passable.
    Good luck getting a cat to do anything let alone join in on your sexcapades. - Air Quotes

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information