Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Kat Scorp

Thread: Michael Bay set to rape your childhood again for TMNT

Default Michael Bay set to rape your childhood again for TMNT

Michael Bay: 'Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles' Fans Need to 'Chill'

Tim Kenneally Reuters 2:10 p.m. CDT, March 20, 2012

Mar 20 (TheWrap.com) - Michael Bay has a message for all of the "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" loyalists who've been hyperventilating about his upcoming "TMNT" film: Just relax.

The internet was set ablaze with outrage Monday when the"Transformers" director suggested that he would be changing the back story of beloved nunchuck-wielding shell-dwellers Leonardo, Raphael, Michaelangelo and Donatello.

"These turtles are from an alien race," Baydeclared at the Nickelodeon upfront presentation in New York. "And they're going to be tough, edgy, funny and completely loveable."

Bay's comment sparked online conniption fits among Ninja Turtles fans who had grown up believing that the turtles were, in fact, mutants and ninjas, not aliens.

"This is terrible!" one fanlamented. "I wonder what else he will do to them."

"Ever since it was announcedMichael Bay had a hand in the film relaunch, I knew something bad would come of it!" another complaint read.

Former "TMNT" voice actor Robbie Rist, meanwhile, went so far as to claim that Bay is "sodomizing" the franchise.

"You probably don't know me but I did some voice work on the first set of movies that you are starting to talk about sodomizing," Rist wrote in a message to Bay, according toTMZ. "I know believing in mutated talking turtles is kinda silly to begin with but am I supposed to be led to believe there are ninjas from another planet? The rape of our childhood memories continues..."

Bay penned his own response late Monday, writing ona forum page that his detractors should "chill."

"Fans need to take a breath, and chill. They have not read the script. Our team is working closely with one of the original creators of Ninja Turtles to help expand and give a more complex back story," Bay wrote. "Relax, we are including everything that made you become fans in the first place. We are just building a richer world."

The latest "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" film is slated for a Christmas 2013 release.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/entert...,6778758.story

I don't even like TMNT and I think this misogynistic douchewad should DIAFF.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Teenage MUTANT Ninja Turtles. TMNT.

Not TANT.

I want to think he just said that to mess with us.

I have the TMNT cartoon theme as my ringtone. I am not ashamed.

Quote Originally Posted by Jezi View Post
    Teenage MUTANT Ninja Turtles. TMNT.

Not TANT.

I want to think he just said that to mess with us.

I have the TMNT cartoon theme as my ringtone. I am not ashamed.

Really? I guess you haven't seen his version of Transformers then.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

^^ I saw about half of the first, and repressed the memory.

"You probably don't know me but I did some voice work on the first set of movies that you are starting to talk about sodomizing," Rist wrote in a message to Bay, according toTMZ. "I know believing in mutated talking turtles is kinda silly to begin with but am I supposed to be led to believe there are ninjas from another planet? The rape of our childhood memories continues..."
    While Michael Bay is in fact a hack, this Rist guy is an over-dramatic moron. Modifying the backstory for some frickin turtles is akin to rape? Just rape though, right?, not rape-rape. Cuz that would be wrong 'n' stuff.
    If being cunty is wrong, I don't wanna be right.

Elite Member

My husband came home all thrilled tmnt was being made, until he saw Michael Bay was directing, since reading about the alien rewrite he's not been the same.

Can they stop messing with my childhood!?

[YOUTUBE]wcz4u3Lv9ko[/YOUTUBE]

I was a huge fan of TMNT as a kid

not that I'll be seeking out the movie when it comes out but why the hell does Hollywood think they have to ruin everything that is a classic already

this is probably gonna be awful
    Quote Originally Posted by Kat Scorp View Post
    My fellow 1982 Scorpion! Never occurred to me that penises go into ears until your twitpics
    @NickoMoralesXXX
    @Sexy_Seth_1982 awe sexy! You're just too cute to be true- I can't take my eyes off of you-

Putting aside that our heroes in a half shell were already screwed over with that mind-numbingly awful feature length cartoon a couple years back:

• Is this tosser, Bay, going to have our beloved Master Splinter originate from another planet also? Because Splinter learned karate from his human owner, who was killed by Shredder. Splinter then taught the turtles and his history with Shredder was a continuing theme on the show.
    • How did the code of the ninja spread to other planets?
    • There's already an alien in the show: Brain. That the turtles could beat back Brain's technology with katanas, sais, nunchucks, bowstaff, the ninja code of honour, Donatello's inventions and their 80s enthusiasm is too necessary a theme and will likely be forgotten if Bay turns this into yet another effects driven alien movie.
    • So the eff what if this jerkoff is working "closely" with one of the original creators? It's just someone with intellectual property rights who is looking to cash in - not someone who gives a damn about us devoted kids who originally made TMNT a success in the late 80s
    • This increasingly common practise of using rape as a metaphor disgusts me. JMHO
    Seapharris7 likes this.
    What do we want?
    EVIDENCE BASED SCIENCE
    When do we want it?
    AFTER PEER REVIEW

Thread Information