Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Gcb

Default Gcb

Did anyone watch the premier last night? I thought it was kind of funny. Kristen Chenoweth is hilarious. Lots of little stories with each family. I will probably keep tuning in, hope it lasts.

I enjoyed it and will watch again to see how it starts to play out.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

I missed it, but I'm hoping to catch it online. I enjoyed Leslie Bibb years ago in "Popular" and the previews for this look good.

I laughed out loud several times. Loved it, outfits & all. Especially fond of the Neiman Marcus truckload of goodies. Lord, that one have been fun!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Elite Member

I liked it enough to see where it goes. I love Kristen Chenoweth. I thought it was campy fun.

Nice to see all the great minds at Gossip Rocks think alike on this show. It really is campy, good word for it. Especially Kristen.

Annie Potts as the mom is really cast well also, she's hilarious.

Been seeing the billboards for weeks now and I've been dying to know what the initials GCB stand for.

Quote Originally Posted by Beeyotch View Post
    Been seeing the billboards for weeks now and I've been dying to know what the initials GCB stand for.
    The show was originally titled "Good Christian Bitches". After some complaints, ABC changed it to "Good Christian Belles" but they still got complaints so they went with "GCB".

Oh, okay, thanks!

I just saw a commercial for a new show called something like "The B---- who lives in Apt. 4" I sure hope we can get a third show where women are referred to as "B"s and get that trifecta.

fgg

it was cute, i like it.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

I guessing we won't soon have show like the "The D-Bag in Apt 4" or the "Dickhead Nextdoor".
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Cool

As a former resident of Dallas, and huge Annie Potts fan, I tuned in. LOVED it!! I hope the ratings are good.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1331018.html

Jesus! Some Christian groups are calling for a boycot because the show is showing Christians in a bad light.

'GCB' Advertising: Kraft Cream Cheese Ads Pulled From ABC Series

Kraft pulls advertising from "GCB" on ABC.
    The Huffington Post Chris Harnick
    First Posted: 03/ 8/2012 9:41 am Updated: 03/ 8/2012 11:14 am

EARLIER: Kraft has lost faith in "GCB." According to TMZ, Kraft has pulled its Philadelphia cream cheese ads from the new ABC series.

"Philadelphia has decided to pull its advertising from 'GCB,'" a Kraft rep told TMZ. "We have received a few complaints from consumers and their opinions about our advertising are important to us."

Based on the book "Good Christian Bitches" by Kim Gatlin and starring Kristin Chenoweth, Annie Potts and Leslie Bibb, ABC's "GCB" (Sundays at 10 p.m. EST) has been met with controversy ever since its pilot stage. The show was produced using the book titled, but was tweaked to "Good Christian Belles" before simply being called "GCB." The acronym title proved to be a challenge while promoting the new nighttime soap.

Prior to its premiere, "GCB" riled religious groups, and continues to do so. In April 2010, before the show was even ordered to series, critics started bemoaning the name.

Christian publisher Tessie DeVore told Fox News that the title portrays Christians in a bad light.

"I find the title offensive. I don’t think those two words should be combined," DeVore said. "A show like this can damage perceptions [of Christians in this country]."

New York City Councilman Peter Vallone is the most recent vocal critic. He's called for viewers to boycott "GCB" and for ABC to change the name of the series.

“The fact that ABC considers this sort of language and this sort of title is something that would even be considered for a TV show is really a sad statement about how low we have sunk," Vallone told the New York Daily News.

Kristin Chenoweth, a practicing Christian herself, said she was nervous about the name at first.

"I was worried a little bit, but I also know what the show's about and I know where it's gonna go. I know that ultimately it is about faith and friendship and forgiveness and love and hope," Chenoweth told Anderson Cooper.

"There's a difference in making fun of and having fun with," she said, "and we're having fun with it."

UPDATE: Kraft has since issued this statement to The Huffington Post:
    As part of a larger multi-show media buy on ABC-TV, there were some spots included in the rotation for the new "GCB" series. It's customary to advertise on premiere episodes due to their large viewership like Philadelphia Cream Cheese did this week.

The brand has decided to redirect advertising to other programs with an established audience. Although we received a few consumer complaints, this decision was not linked in any way to the content of this particular show.

This show is such a hoot, I hope more advertisers stay with it. The Joy Killers will be out in force for a while. I have know so many GCB's in my lifetime, just didn't know what to call them.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information