Thread: Kirk (bananas) Cameron putting the mental in the Monumental documentary

Default Kirk (bananas) Cameron putting the mental in the Monumental documentary

Monumental Movie: Kirk Cameron Searches For America’s National Treasure

As opening day approaches for the epic Monumental movie, actor Kirk Cameron makes startling discoveries while searching for America’s national treasure.

During a recent interview, Cameron shared a glimpse of his inspiration behind* Monumental, stating, “It’s hard for me to imagine, but I am now 41. Amazing. It seems like yesterday my poofy mullet and parachute pants were all the rage, and Prince had a #1 hit on the radio. Now I’m married to the most beautiful woman, raising six children, and living the American dream. Our country has changed so much since my days of fighting with Carol and Ben on TV. America has always been known as “the land of the free” and “the home of the brave.” It’s the richest, freest nation the world has ever seen. Everyone wants to live here. But as I look around, I’m left with a sinking feeling that America is losing her way. Big time. The soul of our country is sick, and history shows me we are headed for disaster if we don’t change course now.”

When asked about possible answers to the obvious problems currently facing the United States, Cameron went on to say, “I’ve been looking around for answers, but all I hear is noise. Everyone is pointing fingers at the Left or the Right, blaming Hollywood or Capitol Hill. Time is flying by too quickly for petty arguments. My children’s future won’t wait. I’ve got to do something now.”

“In the film I retrace the footsteps of our Founders from England to America in the hope of discovering our true “national treasure.” I wanted to listen to them, to learn from them. Our forefathers knew we were a forgetful people, that someday we would lose our way as a nation. So they left us “maps” that would guide us back to the source of America’s success. What I discovered is amazing!” stated Cameron.

Monumental take viewers through historic details of the United States that few even realize happened.

The film delivers hard hitting facts about America and discloses the whys and hows of the founders who first landed on our shores with the hope of building a great country. When asked what viewers will take away from this riveting story, Cameron passionately stated, “This is one of the most important journeys of my life. America is worth fighting for, and so are our families. We can still be a “city upon a hill,” but we need to work together. With God’s help, we can turn this thing around. It’s been said, “Footprints in history are not made sitting down,” and I couldn’t agree more. I hope that our children will mark this moment as the turning point when we stood up, came together, and reclaimed the true national treasure of America.”

For details about the Monumental movie, to buy tickets and a view the list of cities where the film will debut, visitors can visit MONUMENTAL: A Search for America's National Treasure

Short URL: Monumental Movie: Kirk Cameron Searches For America's National Treasure | Stop The Hype

Monumental is scheduled for a one-night theatrical release on March 27, 2012. Wiki

"hard hitting facts" my ass. Dr. Marshall Foster of World History Institute is the person providing Kirk's "facts". From their website: "The Institute embraces the providential view of history, which observes history as a purposeful saga under the direction of a loving Creator."

Freaks

Thing was supposed to be released last year.
    As Canadian as possible under the circumstances

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What's traitors, precious?" -- President Gollum

Gold Member

Captain Kirk's going to show us how the country was founded. This ought to be good, and by good, I mean batshit crazy.

He's weird.
    "Fashion is an art, but individuality is the key"

Gold Member

Kirk is beyond weird.

The IDEA of that film is interesting and, done correctly, could be good. Something from his point of view? No thank you. He's nuts.

Everyone wants to live here.
    Arrogant

Edit:
    Kudos for the thread title. Gave me a chuckle.

I totally want to see this!
    Baby, by the time you have kids and they're in school, no one will care about you.

From their website: "The Institute embraces the providential view of history, which observes history as a purposeful saga under the direction of a loving Creator."
    1. God gave Napolean hemorrhoids so that he could not sit on his horse and properly survey the battlefield, thereby leading to a crushing loss at Waterloo.

2. God crushed the naval invasion force of the Golden Horde with a horrific storm during their attempted conquest of Japan, thus ensuring that there would always be more sushi bars than Mongolian grills.

Thread Information