Thread: Will Smith eyed for second 'I Am Legend' film

Default Will Smith eyed for second 'I Am Legend' film

Will Smith eyed for second 'I Am Legend' film

Follow-up to hit 2007 sci-fi film will not be a prequel

Will Smith in 'I Am Legend'

Credit: Warner Bros.

It looks like another sequel is on the way for Will Smith, who recently returned to acting.

Smith is again being asked to play the last man on Earth in a follow-up to 2007's hit film "I Am Legend."

Warner Bros. is going forward with another chapter in the sci-fi series, based on the novel by Richard Matheson. The first film grossed nearly $600 million worldwide. They plan to bring Smith aboard to reprise his starring role as Robert Neville.

Deadline, who broke the story, reports that the new film is not being touted as a prequel, as has always been assumed due to the fact that Smith's character dies at the end of the first film.It's unknown at this time what the storyline will be and if director Francis Lawrence is returning. Arash Amel ("Grace of Monaco") is writing the script.

Smith hasn't starred in anything since 2008's "Seven Pounds," but will soon be seen alongside Tommy Lee Jones in a third "Men in Black" movie.

The box office champ is sure in the mood for sequels these days, probably because they're usually sure box office hits. Besides the upcoming "Men in Black III," Smith will likely reprise his Detective Mike Lowry role opposite Martin Lawrence in Michael Bay's "Bad Boys 3." He's also reportedly interested in a "Hancock" sequel. In fact, the only non-sequel on the horizon for the superstar is M. Night Shyamalan's "After Earth," co-starring his son Jaden Smith.
    Will Smith eyed for second I Am Legend film - HitFix.com

"Tão estranho carregar uma vida inteira no corpo, e ninguém suspeitar dos traumas, das quedas, dos medos, dos choros."
    Caio Fernando Abreu

good grief

You know, if they ended it like the book they mightve had a nice sequel but no, they had to have him die.

What is it with Will and sequels lately? MiB 3, Independence Day 2, Bad Boys 3, the man needs to just stop it already.

Quote Originally Posted by NVash View Post
    You know, if they ended it like the book they mightve had a nice sequel but no, they had to have him die.

What is it with Will and sequels lately? MiB 3, Independence Day 2, Bad Boys 3, the man needs to just stop it already.

Hmm.. so he's a franchise boy. I'll have to remember that when reading blinds.
    I'd like to guess at least one right *facepalms*

I was gutted by the death of Samantha, so unless they're bringing the faithful german shepard back to life then balls with this new movie. The whole of NYC went down but all I asked was that they didn't kill of the dog!
    What do we want?
    EVIDENCE BASED SCIENCE
    When do we want it?
    AFTER PEER REVIEW

^ Oddly enough, thats when the film jumped the shark to me. When it was Will and the dog I wanted it on DVD. When the dog died I got sad. When Will went postal I wasnt sure what to think. And then Will ended up almost dead and saved by a woman and her child. To me that made no sense whatsoever and the introduction of them and everything afterwards made it into a horrible movie.

Quote Originally Posted by NVash View Post

WTF are you on about? In the book he dies.
    Neville goes to his prison window and sees all the infected waiting for his execution. Judging by their reactions to the sight of him, he comprehends their point of view, having hitherto seen the destruction of the infected survivors as a moral imperative to be pursued for his own and mankind's survival, and realizes that even as vampires were legend in pre-infection times, he, a remnant of old humanity, is legend to the new race born of the infection. He therefore remarks to himself as he dies: "[I am] a new superstition entering the unassailable fortress of forever. I am legend".

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/I_Am_Legend_(novel)
    Thank goodness Richard Matheson is already dead, coz he's be disgusted by all this BS.
    Free Charmed.

Yes, but first he was put to trial by the 'vampires' for all of the murders he had committed. Come to find out they had their own culture and werent just mindless killing machines. That was an interesting twist IMHO and wouldve made for a nice ending. Now that I think of it there wasnt enough for a sequel but it could add at least another twenty or thirty minutes to the film.

Wait, I was reading the graphic novel. The same thing happened in the book right?

Thread Information