Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Hunger Games

Default Hunger Games

So am I the only one excited about this one? I really liked the books. Here's the trailer.

[YOUTUBE]The Hunger Games HD Theatrical Trailer - YouTube[/YOUTUBE]
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

I am beyond excited!!! I cannot wait to see it. The books were great.
    Did you know that an anagram for "Conscious Uncoupling" is "Iconic Uncool Pus Guns"? - MohandasKGanja

I'll watch the movie and I liked the first book but the other two just ticked me right off.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

I liked the 1st and 2nd, the third kinda sucked.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

So I just finished the books and I'm mad excited to see the movie.

I read the first book. I generally like dystopian books, but I thought the concept was kind of disturbing. I'm not sure if I'll see the movie.

I am scared to see this. Maybe if someone tells me what happens at the end first...
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

I'm like 3/4 of the way through the first book and am loving it. Question for those who have read them: do they spread the games across the 3 books? Or do they end the game in the first one? It seems like a lot has to happen in not a lot of book if they finish it in book 1....

Not telling. Happy reading.
    angelais and Tiny Pixie like this.

Haha, damn. I have them on Kindle so I've avoided even reading back covers.

I just hope they don't turn the weird "love story" between Katniss and Peeta into some Twilight shit star crossed lovers thing because that would definitely suck

I liked this book but I'm a bit confused about liking it because it's really similar to battle royale, I don't know if Collins was sued or anything but I found the similarities disturbing.
    Fluctuat nec mergitur
    Paris, Nov 13th

Yea!! I saw the movie this afternoon! I loved it, it really stayed true to the book which is very rare with books that are turned into movies. I thought the casting was pretty spot on as well. What did you all think?

Saw it. The cinema was packed with young girls which ruined it, so much shrieking and howling. The movie was enjoyable, I thinking being surrounded by 13 year old girls who screamed every time Gale was on screen or Peeta said anything just made it seem like the love triangle element was played up much more than it actually was. I would have liked to see more of the public enjoying the games and playing up just how messed up it is more. I haven't read the books so my I can't compare. Jennifer Lawrence was good, Peeta was alright but Gale was a bit miscast imo, although the teen girls loved him so I guess he was a good choice.
    And so, I will keep fighting to make the US a more progressive, multi-cultural country, and my fight starts on GossipRocks - mikesandy

Anyone here seen 'Battle Royale', read the manga or the book? This story is very similar to it but I cant help but think 'Battle Royale' did it much better.

My younger boy saw it on a field trip this morning. We were going to go and see it this weekend, but my older boy is sick, so probably not. I'm sad, I really wanted to see it this weekend, but waiting til next weekend is okay cause I can avoid the crowds that way.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information