Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: One for the Money - First Stephanie Plum Movie

Default One for the Money - First Stephanie Plum Movie

Just saw the trailer for this today. I have fricking LOVED every book in the Stephanie Plum series and can't wait for each new one, and have been fantasizing about this movie for a long time. In my head I've equated celebrities with each character. And now I have to totally redo all of them due to this movie.

Not gonna lie...I hate, hate, hate the cast they've picked!!! Katherine Heigl in particular just might ruin all of it for me. Why oh why?!?!

[YOUTUBE]One For The Money Trailer - In Theaters January 27 - YouTube[/YOUTUBE]

Any other fans of this series out there? What do you think?
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."

fgg

i love these books because they are just easy, silly fluff but the HAG ruined it! the trailer is so gawd awful that i want to throw something at my tv!
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

I'm just sad because most people don't even realize what an insufferable cunty bitch HAGL is! Bitch is gonna continue to be foisted on us if this does well. So I hope this bombs.

Will NOT watch these movies.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

I know. I dont think she was a good choice for Stephanie, either. This series of books is one of my favorites. I love how I laugh out loud a ton while reading them. I figured they would screw it up as a movie. *sigh*

I'd love to know who she fucks in the business to keep getting these parts/magazine covers/etc.

Twenty, or even 15 years ago, Sandra Bullock would have been perfect in the lead role.

Quote Originally Posted by ikmccall View Post
    Twenty, or even 15 years ago, Sandra Bullock would have been perfect in the lead role.
    That's who I've had in my head for years.

For Ranger I've always had The Rock. The guy they cast is NO WHERE near sexy or mysterious enough. He's kind of doofy.
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."

fgg

Quote Originally Posted by ikmccall View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by nwgirl View Post
    That's who I've had in my head for years.
    me too!
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Hit By Ban Bus!

Motherfucking Hagl! I didn't think it was possible to hate her more. Marisa Tomei should be Stephanie Plum.

Actually, that was not as bad as I feared. I can't wait to see it, but Ranger damn well better do better! I wanted Ricky Martin.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Quote Originally Posted by nwgirl View Post
    Just saw the trailer for this today. I have fricking LOVED every book in the Stephanie Plum series and can't wait for each new one, and have been fantasizing about this movie for a long time. In my head I've equated celebrities with each character. And now I have to totally redo all of them due to this movie.

Not gonna lie...I hate, hate, hate the cast they've picked!!! Katherine Heigl in particular just might ruin all of it for me. Why oh why?!?!

[YOUTUBE]One For The Money Trailer - In Theaters January 27 - YouTube[/YOUTUBE]

Any other fans of this series out there? What do you think?
    I agree, the casting sucks. They did a crap job casting Ranger and Morelli, too. The only one I will be able to tolerate is Lula.

I was a huge fan of Janet Evanovich's early stand alone novels, but I could never get into her Stephanie Plum series. I read the first book and that was it. Now, her other books I'll read over and over again because they are funny and have unusual characters.

Elite Member

Too bad about the hag. It could have been great.

Plus that Morelli sucks. I know a couple of Italian guys from the Burg and they could do oh so much better. Plus Grandma does not look nearly decrepit enough.

I wonder who plays Rex.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information