Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The Bachelor Season 16

Default The Bachelor Season 16

Who else is watching? I always suspected parts of this show were scripted or heavily manipulated by producers, but last night was in "Jump the Shark" territory. What was with almost EVERY single girl dropping some obviously scripted and bad pickup line that somehow related to her job or background ("The verdict is in. You're GUILTY of being sxy")? I was also confused by Monica inexplicably hitting on the "VIP cocktail waitress" (whatever that is) and Jenna, who is obviously seriously disturbed. I was laughing out loud at her the whole time... locking herself in a bathroom where she proceeds to wail and loudly talk to herself about how mean everyone is... making a series of bizarre and awkward facial expressions that left me wondering if she was somehow unable to control the muscles in her face... her obsession with Monica... It looks like it will be a crazy season for sure.

Oh I'm watching it of course. I swear the producers have to make sure that for every normal/sane contestant, they have an equally crazy/disturbed contestant to counteract the normal. I didn't see anyone who I thought could make it in the end and I still don't find Ben attractive in the slightest.

Alas, my DVR is already set...
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestial View Post
    I also choose to believe the rumors because I am, when it is all said and done, a dirty gossip.

I'm glad I am not the only one who doesn't find Ben attractive! He's not masculine at all and if I saw him on the street or met him in a bar, I wouldn't be remotely interested. He also strikes me as being somewhat "off"... like, desperate/trying too hard.

I agree,..Ben is not cute at all. And Lord have mercy, that Jenna is a fricking nut job! Get some fucking therapy, woman. Why would you fall apart that easily over someone you just met, not liking you? JFC! And that Monica is a bitch! She is the type that thrives on other peoples suffering. She will enjoy pushing Jenna off the cliff edge she is teetering on. This season is going to be one fucking hot mess!

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by southernbelle View Post
    Who else is watching? I always suspected parts of this show were scripted or heavily manipulated by producers, but last night was in "Jump the Shark" territory. What was with almost EVERY single girl dropping some obviously scripted and bad pickup line that somehow related to her job or background ("The verdict is in. You're GUILTY of being sxy")? I was also confused by Monica inexplicably hitting on the "VIP cocktail waitress" (whatever that is) and Jenna, who is obviously seriously disturbed. I was laughing out loud at her the whole time... locking herself in a bathroom where she proceeds to wail and loudly talk to herself about how mean everyone is... making a series of bizarre and awkward facial expressions that left me wondering if she was somehow unable to control the muscles in her face... her obsession with Monica... It looks like it will be a crazy season for sure.
    I think it will be all kinds of awesome. The cray-cray and bitch factor is cranked way up high with these women. I read an interview with Chris Harrison, and the producers ask the girls if there's anything they want to do/say on that first night, and then they make the arrangements to make it happen. The horse girl had a friend with a horse, so she arranged that. I'm sure the producers make suggestions. Makes for good tv.

Of course I'm watching.

I can't get over that Jenna girl, I have the same general annoyance and hatred for her as I did Michelle in Brad's second season. I don't think Monica was in the wrong at all, I think she said one dumb thing that Jenna didn't like and Jenna wouldn't let it go for the whole evening. What cracks me up the most about her is she blogs about relationships.

Count me in as someone who is less than impressed with Ben - I think there could've been better choices but whatever. I'm sure it'll be great television either way.
    All you can do at life is play along and hope that sometimes you get it right.

Ben is not attractive but I will continue to watch. I did cheat and check out Realitysteve.com and he has the spoilers for every episode including the finale. He has never been wrong. You won't believe who Ben ends up with.
    Did you know that an anagram for "Conscious Uncoupling" is "Iconic Uncool Pus Guns"? - MohandasKGanja

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by angelais View Post
    Ben is not attractive but I will continue to watch. I did cheat and check out Realitysteve.com and he has the spoilers for every episode including the finale. He has never been wrong. You won't believe who Ben ends up with.
    I'm going to try to stay away from Reality Steve this time and just watch the show -- although I've tried before and curiosity always gets the best of me. Now you've piqued my curiosity...

I really want to give Ben's hair a good wash and cut.

Quote Originally Posted by angelais View Post
    Thanks for sharing, I always wondered where people got their Bachelor info - I totally read everything because I didn't care and now I care even less.

I hope the girls and their cattiness keep me entertained for the whole season.

When did it start? Have I missed much?

Quote Originally Posted by aabbcc View Post
    When did it start? Have I missed much?
    Nah - Just the first episode which I'm sure will either air tonight on ABC or you can catch on Hulu.

Don't be mistaken though, there's definitely some good crazy to be watched!

The second show aired last night,...so you can catch up quick watching the first 2 shows online.

My God,....I am so glad he got rid of Jenna. That girl really has some self esteem issues, and possible some mental illness. I feel bad for her, and wonder how she functions in her daily life. She really needs to see someone and get some help sorting out things so she can start living her life.

And I can't stand that fucking Blakely. I wish he would have kicked her out, too. It is bullshit that she was horning in on everyone's alone time with Ben. Hell,...some of those girls only had a few minutes to even talk to him, and he manly ass had to barge in and put the focus back on her. Bitch!

I disliked Monica in the first episode, because she enjoyed fucking with Jenna's mental health, but she was pretty quiet this week. We will see what she does from here on out. I'd like to see her set her sights on that fucking, Blakely.

I like the first girl he went out to eat with and they watched the movies of them as kids. She is pretty and seems really sweet. I am not sure if she will be able to stick it out and fight with all these cunts though.

Wow!! Good luck to Ben. He seems impressed with the bitchy and cut throat girls. He will reap what he sows if he picks one of them!

Haven't watched any of it, but there is a girl on it from my area. I think her name is Jill? She's an RN. Not sure if she made it through this past round or not.

I don't find this guy at ALL attractive. Yikes!

Edit: her name is Jamie, sorry.

And whoever has the name of the chick he picks, can you PM me??? I cannot find it on the website....
    Last edited by LynnieD; January 17th, 2012 at 03:00 PM.

I think that Jamie is cute, but you can tell he isn't interested in her.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information